Dr. Steven Koos, MD

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery ·  Male · Age 43

Dr. Koos

ORA Oral Surgery & Implant Studio

1827 S Michigan Ave Chicago, IL 60616

Dr. Steven Koos, MD is an oral & maxillofacial surgery specialist in Chicago, IL and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine in 2000 and practices oral & maxillofacial surgery, oral surgery, and more.

Dr. Koos' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Koos

Dr. Koos?
Dr. Koos' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Steven Koos, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Awesome
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Koos, MD?
Wisdom tooth extraction is, obviously, a scary experience for a lot of people. When I visited Ora for the first time for consultation, however, my fears were taken away and I was comforted by the professionalism, friendliness, cleanliness and overall feeling in the office. On top of everything, pricing is affordable, reasonable and well explained. Surgery was a breeze, and Dr. Koos personally followed up with me on the evening of my surgery via phone - saying a lot about his professionalism!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Koos, MD?
I went to Dr. Koos about five years ago to remove all four wisdom teeth at the same time. I can't believe I didn't write a review for him back then it went so well. I'm so glad I found him, I chose him out of three others that I went to. Everything went smoothly and great recovery. I'm about to have another molar extracted by him in 6 days and will write another review for that! Two five stars from me :)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Koos, MD?
Oral surgery (implants, wisdom tooth, jaw surgeries etc.) are a serious business and can lead to complications if things go wrong which is why I wanted to choose the best doctor to avoid possible complications. I am confident that I succeeded in finding the best doctor (Dr Koos) for implants in this area. I had my first implant yesterday and found Dr Koos to be very detailed, very proficient, very experienced, and uses modern technology.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Koos, MD?
I am grateful to Dr. Koos and his staff for their expertise and kindness. Dr, Koss explains to cause of the problem, the procedure required to address the problem, and the and aftercare to be undertaken by the patient. Dr. Koos also phoned me on the night of the surgery. I would rate Dr. Koos as one of the best medical doctors I have met in my career. I strongly commend Dr. Koos to anyone requiring dental surgery of the highest quality. Sincerely, Charles F. Schmidt, Ph. D (Science)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Koos, MD?
Dr. Koos was that he was fully attentive and understanding of my needs and concerns bout tooth exposure and bracketing surgery. He answered and explained almost every question I had in mind. Dr. Koos has made me feel complete trust and comfort during my tooth exposure and bracketing surgery. His approach is to make every patient less pain and swelling and most comfortable state you can be. I will not hesitate to go back to him should I have any future oral surgery done.He is the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Koos, MD?
I had a great experience getting my wisdom teeth removed by Dr.Koos. All of the staff is friendly and make the stay as comfortable as possible. The procedure was quick and I experienced barely any gum swelling. I even received a follow-up phone call after the appointment to see how I was feeling. I would definitely recommend Ora for oral surgery.
Great customer service
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Koos, MD?
Koos and the entire team that he has assembled at Ora are outstanding. You can tell by his professionalism, leadership and attentiveness to his patients has trickled down to his entire staff who represent the same demeanor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Koos, MD?
Dr. Koos removed a tooth that had broken off. He was very attentive as long as the staff. They took good care of me throughout the whole process. He called me later in the evening to be sure I was okay. I use to go to another dental facility and it can't compare to the level of service I receive with Dr. Koos. I would definitely refer Dr. Koos and the Ora Dental Studio to family and friends. They will get the job done right the first time!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Koos, MD?
Dr. Koos removed my four wisdom teeth, and I couldn't have imagined a smoother process and recovery. He has a great bedside manner, and made himself more than available for questions in the days following the procedure. I would recommend him to anyone who needs oral and maxillofacial surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Koos, MD?
Dr. Steven Koos is by far the best Dr. I have ever encountered. He has excellent bed side manners, he's funny, any he takes the time needed to explain the procedure he is going to perform. I give him an A++ and recommend him for any one. I personally drive 3 1/2 hours for my kids to have wisdom teeth removed. :)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Koos, MD?
Caring, attentive, and overall amazing doctor. Would refer him to family and friends and would see him again in a heartbeat!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Koos, MD?
Excellent care. Very kind and attentive Doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Koos, MD?
Dr. Koos was amazing. I had 4 wisdom teeth removed yesterday and still have almost no pain- although everyone is different. As someone who is anxious about needles and medical procedures, Dr. Koos and his staff made the experience as relaxing as possible. It's rare to find a doctor this good with such excellent bedside manners.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Koos, MD?
My 13 year old son had to have oral surgery to expose an impacted tooth. I thought it was great the way the entire procedure was explained to my son. It made him less nervous to know and understand each step in the process of the surgery he was going to have. Everyone in the office is very friendly, professional and helpful. On the day of surgery, everything went smoothly and as planned and my son was feeling great. Dr. Koos called later that evening to check on his patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Koos, MD?
My experience was excellent. I was prepared and reminded of my appointment before the surgery. The surgery itself was well managed - the staff was very attentive and the surgery was efficient. I was also appropriately informed of aftercare which I followed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Koos, MD?
Dr. koos had an awesome, calming spirit. I felt so at ease with him. He explained my procedure(pre and post) thoroughly (4 in 1 wisdom teeth extraction). The atmosphere of the dental office is very relaxing, with high tech machinery and, smells wonderful. The day of the procedure I felt like I was in good hands and I was. He was calming, professional, quick, and thorough. He supplied everything to make post-op a success and it was. he even calls you that night. I highly recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Koos, MD?
Dr. Koos and his team were wonderful! Beautiful office setting and friendly and knowledgeable staff. They all made me feel extremely comfortable. Had all 4 wisdom teeth removed and I can say that it was the best surgical experience I've ever had!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Koos, MD?
Had a wisdom tooth, which ended up being infected, removed. Despite the infection, the surgery went smoothly and was pretty quick. I appreciate the fact the Dr. Koos followed up personally over the phone later that day to make sure that I was taking proper care of the tooth. He also promptly answered questions and concerns that I texted him following his call.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Steven Koos, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Koos?

We deliver comprehensive oral and maxillofacial surgery surgical services in a compassionate, attentive and caring manner. As some of only a handful of dual-degree maxillofacial surgeons with both medical and dental degrees, Dr. Koos and Dr. Schroten...

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

1992

• German

• Environmental Excellence Award - Clinic Partner For Change Award, 2010
  • Eco-Dentistry Association - Gold Certified Charter Practice, 2009
  • Environmental Excellence Award - Partner For Change With Distinction Award, 2011
  • Environmental Excellence Award - Making Medicine Mercury Free Award, 2010
  • Work of Heart Award - Children with Autism and PACTT, 2009
  • ORA Studios - Recipient of Green Health Care Program Gold Star Award, 2009-2010

Dr. Koos accepts

Dr. Koos accepts the following insurance:

Aetna PPO
Dental
UHC Illinois
WellPoint
WellPoint PPO

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Koos' experience treating your condition or procedure

• Facial Trauma
  • Fear of Teeth
  • Foreign Body Removal
  • Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Full Mouth Reconstruction
  • General Anesthesia
  • Geographic Tongue
  • Gingivitis
  • Gum Cancer
  • Gum Graft Surgery
  • Gummy Smile (Oversized Gingiva)
  • Halitosis
  • Traumatic Injuries
  • Venipuncture
  • Wrinkle Removal
  • X-Ray

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Koos treats patients.