Dr. Steven Kolnes, DDS

Dr. Steven Kolnes, DDS

Dentistry  ·

Dr. Steven Kolnes, DDS is a dentistry practitioner in Milpitas, CA and has been practicing for 30 years. He practices dentistry and sedation dentistry.Read his story

Montague Dental Excellence

995 Montague Expy Ste 116

Milpitas, CA 95035

• Ameritas
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Guardian
  • MetLife
  • United Concordia
  • United Healthcare Dental

Learn about Dr. Kolnes

Dr. Kolnes' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Kolnes "I love helping people. It gives me great satisfaction to make a difference in someone’s life — someone who has become part of my extended family. I feel especially honored when I work with a fearful and reticent patient, one who comes in for his or her first procedure and requests sedation, and then learns that I practice only painless dentistry. The person begins to trust me, and then tells me sedation is no longer necessary. That level of trust only comes as a result of the patient and me connecting. I love that we are all individuals. From the initial consultation with someone new to our practice, I strive to get to know my patients, seeking common ground and shared interests. Then I talk with them throughout their appointment, encouraging them to engage and converse with me. I want them to open up and know that I am here to serve them with oral healthcare treatments that will improve their overall body health and increase their self-confidence. EDUCATION AND CONTINUING EDUCATION Bachelor of the Arts in biology – University of California Berkeley Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of the Pacific General practice residency – Valley Medical Center, Fresno I believe I owe it to my patients to provide them with proven, leading-edge treatment options and procedures, along with the latest technologies, which lead to better outcomes in a shorter amount of time. As a result of that commitment, I regularly attend oral healthcare-related conferences, meetings, lectures, and seminars. I continue to study developments in sedation dentistry, because I know that is of benefit to so many people we treat. PERSONAL LIFE I am a San Francisco native and currently live in San Carlos with my wife Donna and our twin children, Scott and Stephanie. Our household is rounded out by a black lab named Mollie and a long-haired Chihuahua named Audrey. During my time away from the office, if I’m not attending our children’s various activities, you will often find me camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, and motorcycle riding. I love to travel and family time is essential to me. I’m a member of the California Waterfowl Association and have been involved in the Wood Duck Program for more than 14 years. Through that program, volunteers provide and monitor wood duck boxes that serve as nesting sites for the waterfowl in the Sacramento Valley. Most of my family lives in Norway. I learned to speak Norwegian at UC Berkeley and was able to converse with my grandmother. It was really cool."

This content was provided by Dr. Kolnes "At Montague Dental Excellence we strive to provide our patients with high quality, consistent dental care using the latest technology. Our team of knowledgeable, friendly, and dedicated professionals partner with our patients to understand their needs and provide them with the highest quality services so that they achieve the results they deserve. http://www.montaguedentalexcellence.com/"

2  Practice Areas

• Sedation Dentistry

• Chipped Tooth
  • Gingivitis
  • Tooth Abrasion
  • Tooth Attrition
  • Tooth Demineralization
  • Tooth Discoloration

No malpractice history found for California.

• Uc Berkeley
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1983
  • University of The Pacific
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • Valley Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988

Dr. Kolnes has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Kolnes has no media or publications listed.

• Norwegian

Dr. Kolnes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kolnes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kolnes' Reviews