Dr. Steven Fontana, DDS

Practices Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 84 reviews.
Author:
I recently had an extraction of a molar performed by Dr. Fontana. I would highly recommend Dr. Fontana. The staff was friendly and helpful. Dr. Fontana explained the procedure in detail. The evening of the procedure Dr. Fontana called me to make sure there were no problems. I will definitely go back to Dr. Fontana for any future needs.
Author:
I had a perfect experience under the care of Dr. Steven Fontana and his staff. I had a tooth extracted and requested sedation. I received exceptional care and personal attention in an exceptionally clean procedure room/office. Doctor Fontana and his staff are compassionate and caring from the evaluation to the follow up recheck. Everything is explained and continued care is shown with follow up calls to check on you. I absolutely recommend Doctor Fontana and his staff at Gulf Shore Oral Surgery in Naples.
Author:
Went in with a little spot on my tongue. The Doctor was able to remove it that day. There was not enough pain after surgery to need any pain pills. Very little discomfort was all. Great job by entire staff Thank You.
Author:
Dr. Fontana and his staff provided me with very professional and attentive care. I am extremely impressed by his staff and his work. I have absolutely no complaints about this establishment. As the owner of the Watermark Grille I am very observational and there was not one issue or problem I had with Dr. Fontana. While getting my wisdom teeth removed I had asked him when he was going to pull out the other tooth and to my amaze, he had already taken it out. It was completely painless and I recove
Author:
Recently I had a wisdom tooth removed. Being from Boston, I had to choose a dentist and oral surgeon quickly. I was referred to Dr. Steven Fontana and went to meet him. I was immediately impressed. He answered all my questions and addressed my many concerns.The wisdom tooth was removed with no problems. Two weeks later I had a followup visit and was very pleased with Dr. Fontana's consideration of all my needs. I highly recommend him to others.
Author:
Outstanding staff who greet you with a smile and are as professional beyond expectations. Dr. Fontana was caring, and exceeded my expectations as both a dentist and surgeon. This was the best doctor patient experience I have experienced in my 70 years as a patient. Called after surgery to check on me and follow-up was excellent. They are the Best in the Business!
Author:
Just loved Dr Fontana and his staff ..They took such good care of my 10 year old son..I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for an oral surgeon...
Author:
Dr Fontana is a competent medical professional, his office practices and staff are chaotic and unprofessional to say the least. I personally have had enough of this office and a few incredibly rude staff members. It seems like every time they get a great staff member they don't seem to last more than a few months. I will not be back!
Author:
Great Doctor & staff all the ladies were very nice and professional. I had oral surgery done and the Doctor did a great job explaining everything to me and answering all my questions. Would definitely recommend Dr. Fontana.
Author:
Highly recommend this facility and Dr. Fontana. Excellent chair side manner and entire staff was knowledgeable and helpful. Felt completely at ease for my wisdom tooth extraction. Pain free and follow-up was very thorough.
Author:
I was a referral from my regular dentist for an unusual problem. I was immediately seen by Dr. Fontana who did some oral surgery that same day after he assessed and discussed the problem with me. He was thorough and had a very gentle touch. He followed up with a call to me that evening checking in to see how I was. What a comfort that was! Put my mind at ease knowing he was truly concerned how I was doing. Staff efficient, professional and friendly. Office spotless.
Author:
I became a patient of Dr. Fontana's 2 months ago for some work that was long, long overdue. He was able to explain my procedure in a way that was simple for me to understand, which put me at ease, and gave me the confidence needed to begin treatment. He is a very kind, caring, knowledgeable, and professional doctor. His staff is fantastic, and the facility is modern and immaculate! I highly recommend Dr. Fontana with 5 plus stars!
Author:
Dr Fontana was so kind- explained everything before and during procedures to put me at ease. He has a gentle and kind nature. I had an emergency extraction followed by a series of appts for the implant. He and his staff were terrific! The office is extremely clean and beautiful as well. The whole process went smoothly. I would highly recommend!
Author:
Dr. Fontana is friendly, professional and makes you feel at ease. I always dread any kind of dental work so making me feel at ease is (to me) quite a feat. I had wonderful results with minimal amount of pain after numbness from procedure wore off. Dr. Fontana explained the procedure I was having most thoroughly.
Author:
I had two teeth extracted on the same day by Dr Fontana. The procedure was well explained by staff prior to surgery and the extractions went very well and quickly under local anesthesia. Follow-up appointment was also very professional. I would certainly recommend Dr Fontana to friends and family.
Author:
I recently had a tooth extraction by Dr. Fontana. I found the Dr. to be friendly, personable and most importantly very professional. He and his staff explained the procedure thoroughly before proceeding. Options for anesthesia were given and explained prior to the surgery. The extraction was literally pain-free and very detailed post-op instructions were given. By following the recommendations post surgery regarding foods to eat, oral care and meds to take the healing process went very well
Author:
Absolutely would recommend Dr. Fontana to family and friends. From the moment I stepped in the front door to checkout time I felt a sense of complete assurance I was in good, caring and professional hands.
Outstanding professional........highly recommend Dr. Fontana
Author:
Dr. Fontana , is truly a very caring and thorough dentist. I recommend him highly.
Author:
As an elderly patient,I was nervous about having an impacted wisdom tooth extracted. Dr. Steven Fontana put my mind at ease, and he and his staff were gentle and thoroughly professional throughout the procedure. I would highly recommend Dr. Fontana! I
Author:
I was looking for an oral surgeon because I needed remove a saliva stone. I was in a lots of discomfort with infection and pain. I called 3 oral surgeon offices and I could got only consultation appt and not earlier then 3 and more days later. My friend recommended me to call Dr. Fontana office and I got appt next day! His staff was very friendly and professionals..After consultation they did surgery the very same day. This place is the best and affordable too. I couldn't be happier! THANK YOU
Author:
I would rate my experience with Dr. Fontana and his staff as an A+++. They took great care in thoroughly preparing and explaining my procedure to me. The followup was comprehensive. Their office is clean and comfortable.
Author:
Dr. Fontana and his staff were wonderful. Professional and caring service, with a follow up phone call in the evening after my procedure to ensure my well being. The office staff also followed up with a phone call. I would highly recommend Dr. Fontana for your oral surgery needs.
Author:
Totally recommend Dr. Fontana and his staff for any oral surgery you may need. He is compassionate, caring and goes the extra mile to personally contact you after your surgery. The staff is customer service focused, caring, efficient, and compassionate
Author:
The entire experience for a rather complicated surgery was very caring from a highly competent staff and of course Dr. Fontana. It was obvious from the first visit that patient comfort and an excellent outcome was the highest priority. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Fontana to anyone who needed these services.
Author:
Two weeks ago I had 3 wisdom teeth extracted in less than 15 minutes. Dr. Fontana offered 3 different types of anesthetics. I opted for local anesthesia and exhilarating gas, so that I was not feeling any pain, but was alert. Dr. Fontana was very thorough in his explanations about X-rays and the procedure involved, as well as the medications to be takHis Staff members were very polite and showed care and concern for me as a patient. I highly recommend this dental office.
Author:
Dr. Fontana was able to get me in the same day my orthodontist told me I needed to see an oral surgeon. He was also able to work me into his surgical schedule same day. Dr. Fontana and his staff were all very accommodating, professional and have excellent bedside manners. I am very pleased with the surgery and follow up care I received and would highly recommend them. If I or anyone in my family needs any other oral surgery I would definitely contact Dr. Fontana.
Author:
I was very impressed with Dr Fontana and his staff. They were friendly, courteous and took time to answer questions and explain my procedure in full detail. The office is very nice, spacious and clean. I highly recommend Gulfshore Oral Surgery.
Author:
From start to finish, Dr. Fontana and his staff didn't disappoint. My procedure was thoroughly explained to me. Took the time to answer questions / concerns. Top notch office and facility and the entire staff made me feel comfortable (not easy for me!!). Routinely followed up after procedures and genuinely cared about my well being. I would highly recommend Dr. Fontana and his staff to anyone needing his services.
Author:
I highly recommend Dr. Fontana. His credentials are impressive. The entire office staff is friendly, efficient and exceedingly professional. Seldom do we find this high level of care and service in the healthcare industry. Outstanding & professional patient care.
Author:
Dr. Fontana and his team were wonderful during the whole process. I had to have a tooth extracted and proceeded with a dental implant. Dr. Fontana explained all the options and was very informative and welcomed any questions that I had. The staff was very helpful in scheduling appointments and explaining pre and post-operative directions. During both procedures, Dr. Fontana and his team went out of their way to make sure I was as comfortable as possible. I highly recommend Gulfshore Oral Surgery
Author:
I would recommend Dr. Fontana to anyone who asked. He removed all 4 of my wisdom teeth in 15 minutes. It was completely painless and I recovered within a few days. It was great!
Author:
Dr. Fontana and his staff provide quality care and are very interested in the patient's health and welfare. Dr. Fontana personally follow up with a phone call the later on day of the surgery to see how you are faring. The office Is efficiently run making getting appointments easy to obtain
Author:
Dr. Fontana and his staff are excellent! I received quality, personalized care and was called by Dr. Fontana personally the evening after my appointment! Highly recommended!
Author:
I needed an emergency extraction due to infection and Dr. Fontana was able to get me in the same day. He and his staff are terrific! He thoroughly explained the procedure and told me what was happening as her performed the surgery. He called me the same evening to check up on how I was feeling and scheduled 2 follow-ups to ensure everything was proceeding as expected. I HIGHLY recommend DR. Fontana!!!
Author:
Dr. Fontana was great. He helped me with a very badly infected tooth. He went over what needed to be done (an extraction and drainage of my gum), how it would be done, and also made sure I knew what needed to be done on my end over the next week to help my mouth heal and to prevent the infection from coming back. He and his staff were outstanding. I would gladly give him a call if I ever needed any oral surgery done again.
Author:
Dr. Fontana was great and his staff was very friendly and professional. I had a very difficult extraction that only an oral surgeon should perform, and Dr. Fontana did it flawlessly. There were no complications and I am very happy. He was skilled and caring and spent time explaining every step.
Author:
Gulfshore Oral Surgery and Dr. Fontana were excellent! I highly recommend them. All my questions were answered and Dr. Fontana and his staff always made me feel extremely comfortable during my procedures. His office was clean and very professional, not to mention conveniently located. I would not hesitate to recommend Gulfshore Oral Surgery.
Author:
Dr. Steven Fontana excels in what he does. The office is very clean and all the staff is very professional. I do not hesitate to recommend him to anybody needed oral surgery
Author:
Dr. Fontana and his staff were wonderful and took excellent care of me! I will definitely recommend him. He was a lifesaver for me.
Author:
I recently had a surgical experience with Dr. Fontana and his Staff. I found them all to be highly professional, knowledgeable, empathetic and caring. In a scary (for me) and challenging situation (for doctor and his staff), they lessened my anxiety took excellent care of me in every aspect. I would highly recommend Dr. Fontana.
Author:
After being advised I needed a bone graft before I could proceed with dental implants, I was recommended to Dr Fontana by my dentist in Chicago. In my case I needed extensive bone grafting and Dr Fontana did an excellent job from start to finish, including follow up calls and check ups. I feel fortunate to have been referred to a first class oral surgeon and would not hesitate to return for further treatment and to highly recommend him.
Author:
Absolutely wonderful! Never have I had any oral/dental procedures done that I felt completely comfortable with. I went in for two wisdom teeth and one molar removal and everything came out wonderful! They called me to check up on me a couple of times as well as Dr. Fontana himself. Whenever I had questions, they answered them perfectly or returned my calls right away! The office is cozy and super clean. The staff are out of this world! So sweet and thorough. I wish I could give him over 5 stars!
Author:
I highly recommend Gulfshore Oral Surgery. Dr. Fontana is an excellent surgeon who takes time to answer questions, explain procedures, and ensure that patients are comfortable during procedures. His office staff and surgery assistants are very kind and caring. Office visits are always on time and pleasant experiences. I have no hesitation in recommending Gulfshore Oral Surgery to family and friends.
Author:
I would highly recommend Dr. Fontana. The whole operation is very professional. They took care of me at the time I was in need of help & today I'm a very happy camper without pain.
Author:
Recently both of my sons had their wisdom teeth extracted by Dr. Fontana. We were impressed with the communication and education provided in the pre-op appointment and during the procedure. The front desk staff as well as the medical assistants are friendly and answered all of our questions from billing to post-op care. I would highly recommend Dr. Fontana and staff for any oral surgery needs.
Author:
Found out I needed 2 back teeth extracted just before our trip to Naples for the winter from Boston. My dentist said I should have them removed in Florida in case their were any complications.. Found Dr. Fontana and all the reviews were correct....he was fantastic..called that evening to check on me, and cost included follow up appointment...the procedure was done before I knew it.
Author:
Dr. Fontana and all of his staff were excellent.Very courteous and professional. Procedure was explained in detail and all my questions and concerns were addressed to my satisfaction. Procedure went smoothly and most of all was painless. Would strongly recommend Dr. Fontana to anyone who needs dental work done.
Author:
It was a good experience, considering a had to have a wisdom tooth extracted! Dr Fontana did an excellent job. The procedure was thorough and fast! I would highly recommend him.
Author:
I saw Dr Fontana as an emergency patient. He and all the staff were extremely kind, friendly and attentive. Dr Fontana explained all that was to be done and then performed the procedure in a very professional and competent manner. He even called my home later in the evening to confirm that I was doing OK. I would highly recommend Dr Fontana.