Dr. Steve Shufflebarger, DDS

Dr. Steve Shufflebarger, DDS

Dentistry | Male | 45 years old

62 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Learn about this dentist

As a Dentist, I believe in providing the best quality care in an efficient manner. No one looks forward to a tooth being extracted so it is my goal to make it as comfortable as possible during the procedure whether you choose to use I.V. Anesthesia or Nitrous Oxide.Read more

Dr. Shufflebarger's Experience

Visiting Dr. Shufflebarger

Dr. Shufflebarger's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shufflebarger to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Shufflebarger's Performance
Beavercreek, OH |
The staff was not nice. Dr. Steve Shufflebarger bragged about his muscles to extract my 4 wisdom teeth. This is not what you would like to hear when you have 2 bad disks in your neck. Did not offer consultation and did not offer a refund of any or sum of the cash or credit card bill. I had the best time and very fast recovery time from a older much smaller Dr. in Washington Court House. It may have been a hr up there and back but it was well worth it not to be in pain for less than 5 days.
Dayton, OH |
I was very nervous to have my wisdom tooth removed and finally scheduled with Dr.Shufflebarger. If I would have know it was so easy I would have scheduled sooner. The numbing was quick and easy the nitrous helped a lot and the extraction was quick and easy. I would recommend anyone worried about extractions to trust in Dr. Shufflebarger and his team!
in Dayton, OH |
Wisdom teeth extraction: It seems that the dentist/staff give instructions to the patient after they are trying to wake up from anesthesia. The Post-Op emergent process is an EPIC fail as they direct a patient to go create a bill at the emergency room, ask for pain meds and then still call them for an appt. only to be put into a voicemail system that takes hours/days for them to return a call. This is bordering on pt abandonment. Very disappt'd in this inability to follow pt. issues.
in Middletown, OH |
Dr. Shufflebarger was awesome and so was his staff. I will highly recommend him to anyone I know. I wish I had of been referred to him sooner. If I could give more than five stars, I would!
in Dayton, OH |
I went in for an extraction. Numbing and laughing gas worked well for me. Dr. Shufflebarger was in and out, only in the room to extract the tooth that nothing more. I personally would prefer a Doctor who is a little more personable, and would explain everything his self and follow it up with any questions I may have or concerns. He came and pulled the tooth in on to the next one. I haven't had any issues since extraction, four days ago.
in Dayton, OH |
Dr. Steve Shufflebarger and his staff were awesome. I highly recommend him. My daughter had to have three wisdom tooth pulled she was in so much pain and had to return back to college in two weeks. Dr. Steve worked around my daughter schedule and got in to do her surgery. No more pain and she is back at school and doing well. I would like to thank Julianne and the entire staff. I appreciate you so much and again thank you so much.
in Dayton, OH |
My daughter had her wisdom teeth extracted by Dr. Shufflebarger last week. The office staff was friendly and informative. The nurse and assistants clearly explained the post-operative instructions with us, and were all so nice and helpful. She had minimal pain after the procedure and very little swelling. I would highly recommend Dr. Shufflebarger to my friends and family. We were very pleased with our entire experience.
in Lima, OH |
The atmosphere was great and everyone treated me like I was special. All my appointments were on time and I have no complaints about anything they have done. I would recommend him to anyone that need a great dentist.
in Celina, Ohio |
I saw Dr Shufflebarger for a few extractions and was very impressed. His staff spent lots of time with me educating me about the extractions I needed. They also spent a great deal of time going over my medical history and medications I take to ensure that everything was going to be OK in my surgery and recovery. I was nervous but the staff was very helpful and reassuring talking me through the numbing process and extraction. The extraction was so fast and easy! Top Notch!
in Brookville, OH |
Dr. Shufflebarger removed all remaining teeth for my grandfather. Many of the teeth were broken and badly infected. The procedure went great, and my grandfather did not even need any pain medication after the procedure, just took some Tylenol for slight discomfort. The whole staff was very friendly, helpful and caring. I would definitely recommend Dr. Shufflebarger to anyone needing teeth removed!!
in Lima, OH |
I made an appointment with the office, before reading reviews& seeing how they treated Medicaid patients was somewhat apprehensive in going, but my daughter needed the procedure done as she was starting to have pain with her wisdom teeth. This was the closest dentist within my insurance network to go to. Just have to follow the office protocol in making an appointment, and they got her in, in a reasonable amount of time. Everything was a GOOD experience!
in Columbus grove ohio |
Excellent job removing all 4 of my wisdom teeth. Not much bleeding at all. Amazing staff who explains everything very well.
in Dayton, OH |
The worst experience I've ever had. I went in for a wisdom tooth removal and the procedure went as expected for a tooth extraction. It was the follow up care that was pathetic. I was told Dr. Shufflebarger was out of town and there was nothing they could do until he got back. after describing my pain to her and telling her I had to go to the hospital to get help she basically said TO BAD we can see you next week though when he gets back. What kind of doctor doesn't care about patient follow up.
in Dayton, OH |
I have had 3 root canals by Dr. Shufflebarger. I was very numb, felt no pain during or after, and he staff called to follow up with me and see how I was after each procedure. He is very good at what he does and I will be bringing my daughter to him when she needs her wisdom teeth removed.
in Broadview Heights, OH |
He took 3.5 hours do to something that he said would take 1.5 hours and didn't even complete the task.
San Antonio, TX |
My daughter had her wisdom teeth removed by him she kept bleeding to the point where she was choking on her blood and ended up in the Emergency Room. They removed so much blood from her mouth that any dentist shouldn't have let her walk out the door. When I got home blood everywhere. I've had mine removed no problem. It looked like she used a whole roll of paper towels trying to stop it. It was in February her scarfs was drenched my wash clothes had to be thrown away. Not a great experience.
in Ohio |
Absolutely the worst dentist EVER. Nice office and maybe one assistant was nice, other than that they were all very unprofessional and rude. Had two extractions and was not given any gauze or an irrigation syringe to keep hole clean. Had to go and buy my own gauze which I believe is absurd. Complained of severe pain but they don't care. I too have paraesthesia now ..and if you're on Medicaid, absolutely forget it. You'll be treated like scum. Wish I would've read these reviews before treatment.
in Dayton Ohio |
I was seen at his office on April 30th. I had six teeth extracted. From the moment I walked in the door to when I departed, this was absolutely the best experience I've had in a dental office. Dr Shufflebarger is the total professional and so too is the staff that works with and for him. My mouth feels great which is indicative of the dr's work. I cannot understand all the bashing. People are never satisfied. The work was excellent for me and I am so very thankful. #AFVet.
Xenia, OH |
Worst experience of my life. The staff ,office mgr, was the rudest woman i have ever met. She spoke to me with pure disrespect and i wouldn't recommend anyone to this office.
in Hamilton, OH |
He was very quick to extract my daughters 4 wisdom teeth. Staff was nice to her and she is healing well.
Ohio |
He performed a root canal on one of my teeth. I now have permanent numbness on my lower lip because he injected the root filler too deep and it went into the nerve. Staff is rude and assistants are rough with Novocain shots. Worst dental experience I've ever had. Steer clear!
Dayton, OH |
We we referee to this office by our ped. dentist. We left repeated messages since this is the only way to contact the office for 5 weeks no response. We had the dentist email a the referral no response. We finally received a response 6 weeks later with the same number left to leave yet another message. I then contacted the office manager to explain this long standing phone issues of no returned calls. I received a message today from a non returnable number claiming I was not referee to them!!
Dr. Shufflebarger is knowledgeable and explains things very well. I gave him 1 star due to the attitude, rudeness and unprofessionalism of his billing manager. The dental assistant was great, but the billing manager became very rude when questioning billing etc.
Terrible
in Hamilton, Ohio |
I thought he was good, since I had no pain. Now, a week later, I am in excruciating pain, my bone is exposed where a tooth once was, also a hole on side of my gum, bone is visible! I even called his office, was told to wait 2 weeks. Really? The gum is not healing over the exposed bone, it has been 8 days, very painful. I will not go back to him.
in dayton ohio |
I had a severely impacted wisdom tooth. Dr shufflebarger removed it carefully so not to damage my nerve. Honestly if your reading these please take into effect that most people only get online to say horrible things about people. I have had this dentist preform multiple procedures on my mouth and he's one of only 2 people who I'll allow near my mouth. He's one of the best for sure.
in Centerville ohio |
Horrible! He was very rude, as well as his dental associate assisting my procedure. He blares loud music, very unprofessional, the office did not have enough nitrous gas for each room, they kept giving me the gas and then taking the gas away for another room, I had Three wisdom teeth removed and he perforated both nasal passages, and have paratesis, which is hindering my abilities to chew and have no feelings in the front area of my mouth. I do not recommend him as an oral surgeon or services.
Have you seen Dr. Steve Shufflebarger, DDS?
Are you Dr. Shufflebarger?

Compare Dr. Shufflebarger

Compare this Dentist
View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dr. Shufflebarger's Care Philosophy

Dr. Shufflebarger's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dentistry
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Miami Valley Hospital

Completed in 2000

Ohio State University / College Of Dentistry

Graduated in 1999

Dr. Shufflebarger does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shufflebarger and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Complex Tooth Extraction