Dr. Stephen Tran, DDS

Dr. Stephen Tran, DDS

Dentistry  ·
Dr. Stephen Tran, DDS is a dentistry practitioner in Garland, TX and has been practicing for 16 years. He graduated from Oklahoma University Health and Science Center-D.D.S. in 2002 and practices dentistry and orthodontics.Read his story

4502 River Oaks Pkwy # 200

Garland, TX 75044

• Ameritas
  • CompBenefits Corp.
  • Dental Network of America
  • DenteMax
  • Dominion Insurance
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Tran

Dr. Tran's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Tran "Welcome, My name is Stephen Tran and I've been a practicing dentist since 2002. I've practiced in many areas of the DFW metroplex (Murphy, Sachse, Richardson, Dallas, Rowlett, Garland, Balsch Springs, Oak Cliff, Irving, Euless, Ft Worth, Keller, Highland Village, Flower Mound) but I have called Plano my professional home for the most part in the last 7 years. I am excited to be expanding into the Garland (Firewheel) area. I was born in Tahlequah, Oklahoma shortly after my parents arrived from Vietnam. In a new country with nothing but hopes and dreams to start off with, my parents worked hard to raise me and my two brothers.I then went off to college with the idea of becoming an engineer. I had a love for knowing how things were built and designed from cars and airplanes to computers and stereos. After a few semesters at OU being an engineer major, I really got burnt out. After a grueling semester and finals week, I had Christmas break off and what better time to go see the dentist to get my teeth cleaned since I was due. I literally was sitting in the dental chair getting my teeth cleaned thinking about changing majors and trying to figure out what I was going to do with my career and then walks in the dentist to check my teeth. For the first time in my life, I had cavities! From the late nights of sipping on sodas, eating twizzlers for dinner, and doing all night study sessions, my teeth were paying the price. Of course, I had to come back and get my teeth fixed before I went to college. After a rather pleasant visit, I quizzed my dentist about if he liked what he did. I'd known him since I was 12 and I found him to be very respectable and likeable. He was so taken by my interest and knew I was on Christmas break from college he invited to me to hang out in the office and just shadow him just to see if I'd like it. After hanging out in his office for a day or two, I had this feeling that I can do what he can do. Instead of fixing/building cars and planes, I can fix and rebuild teeth! That's where the my professional story begins. I liked it enough that when I went back to school I found a low income dental clinic that let me work as an dental assistant and I stuck with it long enough to know that I wanted to be on the other side of the dental chair and be the dentist. I've been very fortunate to be a dentist and I am lucky to enjoy what I do. It gives me the opportunity to help people and be of service to those that want to have healthy teeth and live healthy lives. Now that I have a family of my own (wife and two young daughters) , I have an appreciation for taking care of families with their dental needs. I hope I have an opportunity to serve you and our office becomes your dental home. PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION Texas Academy of General Dentistry American Dental Association Dallas County Dental Society PROCEDURES & TREATMENTS OFFERED BY Dr. Tran Composite Fillings Dental Bonding Dental Bridges Dental Cleanings Dental Exams and X-Rays Dental implants Dental Veneers Invisalign Orthodontics Porcelain Crowns Root canal therapy Teeth Whitening TMJ and Headaches Tooth extractions FORMS OF PAYMENT Cash, checks, and all major credit cards. Care Credit and Lending Club INSURANCES ACCEPTED Metlife Delta Dental Cigna UHC Aetna United Concordia Humana Guardian Blue Cross Blue Shield Dental Select Assurant Ameritas Dearborn National Detnal Select Prinicipal GEHA Reliant Standard UMR HOURS Monday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Tuesday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM Friday: 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM Saturday: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM "

2  Practice Areas

• Orthodontics

• University Of Oklahoma-B.S. Biochemistry
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1998
  • Oklahoma University Health and Science Center-D.D.S.
    Medical School | Graduated 2002
  • Dental Implant Surgery-McGarry Implant Institute Okc, Ok

Dr. Tran has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Tran has no media or publications listed.

• Vietnamese

Dr. Tran does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tran and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tran's Reviews

Be the first to leave a review

Dr. Tran?

How was your experience with Dr. Tran?