Dr. Stephen Parr, DDS

Dr. Stephen Parr, DDS

Dentistry  |

Dr. Stephen Parr, DDS is a dentist who practices in Coconut Grove, FL. He is 68 years old and has been practicing for 42 years.Read his story

Grove Smiles Dentistry

• Guardian
  • MetLife

Learn about Dr. Parr

Dr. Parr's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Parr "Dr. Parr graduated from Columbia School of Dental and Oral Surgery in 1975, and received post graduate education at the Mount Sinai Hospital General Practice Residency, gaining advanced training in all disciplines of Dentistry. In 1978, Dr. Parr opened the practice on Mary Street in Coconut Grove, free to develop a practice dedicated to delivering dentistry in an atmosphere as free from patient anxiety as possible. Dr. Parr returned to Mount Sinai as an attending for the Dental Interns in the Restorative Department in the Dental Practice Residency for over ten years. Dr. Parr has also been involved in the Dade County Dental Research Clinic since 1980 for continuing education and treatment of indigents. In 1986, the practice moved to its present location on Bird Avenue with the acquisition of our building and more space to provide treatment for our growing practice. Dr. Parr has also completed 5 levels of exceptional training at the prestigious Pankey Institute. Our practice has been a steady presence in Coconut Grove since 1978, dedicated to prevention, education, and care in an atmosphere that is non-threatening and pleasant."

Patient Testimonials

This content was provided by Dr. Parr I absolutely loved Dr. Parr’s office. I only lived in Miami for 2 short years and by far, this was my best dental experience in years – maybe ever. His staff is professional and very competent and I appreciated Dr. Parr’s conservative and not “sales-y” approach. He also cleaned my 4yo teeth. The entire team has an excellent bedside manner as well. I just wish that I had someone like this out in my new home in California.

I’ve been a patient of Dr. Parr for many years, and he has always been a wonderful and highly competent dentist with a friendly knowledgeable staff. The office is beautiful, comfortable and clean and I always leave with the feeling that I was very well taken care of. Highly recommended!

I just had my very first appointment with Dr. Parr and it was excellent! He did an extremely thorough oral examination and told me things that no other dentist took the time to do. I now have a better understanding of where I stand with my overall dental hygiene and how to better take care of the problem areas. I also had gone in for a second opinion thinking I had 4 cavities to be filled (according to my previous dentist). Good thing I went to Dr. Parr! With a little more TLC on my part I can take care of these areas. They weren’t as bad as my previous dentist had made them seem. His solution had been a quick resolution. Also, the front desk staff is extremely helpful and friendly. My insurance was being tricky and they were able to help figure out my coverage. Thank you Dr. Parr and staff for being so friendly and helpful! I recommend this practice to anyone that is a bit anxious when it comes to the dentist as well as financially conscious!

"The holistic health model is such that one takes responsibility for their own health. We,as health facilitators,aid you through our expertise and education to obtain optimum oral health. We do not see you as 'teeth' to be fixed, but rather as whole person with psychological, physical, and spiritual components, all meshing in harmony. Through prevention and personal responsibility, we feel confident that you will reach optimum oral health and have the knowledge to take excellent care of yourself."

• Cosmetic Dentistry

• Mount Sinai Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1976
  • The Pankey institute
    Other Education | Completed 1990

Dr. Parr has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Parr has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese, Mandarin

Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time

in Miami, FL |
I have known Dr.Parr for over 30 years. He takes care of me and my whole family including my grandchildren. His care and professionalism is most admired. Love Maria, best hygienist ever. Am so grateful for his Wonderful ,conscientious and caring team at Grove Smiles ! Proud to show our smiles...more
in Coconut Grove |
Dr. Parr diagnoses comprehensively and explains what's his primary concern for my optimal care . He takes care of the most important condition first . He stresses good oral hygiene before treatment . I have known him for over 20 years and have trusted him in taking care of my whole family . Highly...more
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Your reviews and feed backs are our best compliments. Thank you !
in Miami, FL |
In one word AWESOME Meet him in person for there are not enough words to describe Dr. Parr's intelligence, confidence , quality of care , and most of all his honesty. The vibe in the office is laid back , the staff is warm and caring. Perfect classic rock sound track to accompany the mood .
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your reviews and feed backs are our best compliment. Also thank you for your referrals and trust in us. Please accept our utmost appreciation from our team at...more

Visit Dr. Parr