Dr. Shawn O'Bannon, DMD

Dr. Shawn O'Bannon, DMD

Orthodontics  ·

Dr. Shawn O'Bannon, DMD is an orthodontics practitioner in Oxford, MS and has been practicing for 19 years. He practices orthodontics and orthodontics & dentofacial orthopedics.Read his story

GO Orthodontics

2408 S Lamar Blvd # 2

Oxford, MS 38655

• Ambetter

Learn about Dr. O'Bannon

Dr. O'Bannon's bio

This content was provided by Dr. O'Bannon "Since first walking into my orthodontist’s office at the age of eight, I have been interested in this field. For over ten years now, I have been an orthodontist in private practice. Before that, I was a dental assistant, a general dentist, and then orthodontist and was in the U.S. Navy for 18 years. The benefits I immediately saw, and that were very apparent to everyone in my life following the treatment I received as a youngster, went far beyond straighter teeth. I am very privileged in that I get to see those changes in patients I care for, every day. Creating beautiful smiles makes a real and lasting difference in a patient’s self-esteem. It builds self-confidence. It changes the way we behave in the face of the endless challenges that life throws at us. As an orthodontist, I am entrusted with building smiles. I am so very blessed to love what I do and do what I love. Whether our team and I are working with the young or those who are young in spirit, our goal is always to develop the smile of their dreams. What is more, we get to build meaningful long-term relationships with patients. When we see them in our community, leading their lives with their loved ones, we get to see them happy and smiling with confidence! Coming into contact with so many unique people has increased my understanding of what relationships mean. It is a blessing that I never take for granted. I cannot wait to meet you and your family and help you achieve the smile that will transform the rest of your life. EDUCATION My educational background includes: University of Mississippi, Bachelors of Science University of Alabama School of Dentistry, Doctorate of Medical Dentistry Wilford Hall Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Certificate in Orthodontics CONTINUING EDUCATION I regularly attend continuing education seminars at the national, regional, and local levels, as well as participate in the Invisalign® Study Club and Seattle Study Club. As a professional, I have a responsibility to make sure I have an understanding of everything that is currently happening within my field. The newest medical and scientific knowledge has to be incorporated into treatments. Proven and reliable improvements in technology have to be adopted as soon as they become available. PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS Active involvement with other practitioners, researchers, and educators in my professional community is invaluable. It affords me exposure to technological advances, best practices, and the widest collective understanding within the discipline. The knowledge and experience I obtain from working with others, attending seminars, and reading about others’ work, is something that I am then able to pass on to those I serve. As part of this community, I have also contributed written work that has appeared in the Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, the official journal of the American Association of Orthodontists. The organizations in which I participate include: American Association of Orthodontists American Dental Association Mississippi Association of Orthodontists Mississippi Dental Association Southern Association of Orthodontists FAMILY AND FUN A Gulfport native, I have settled in north Mississippi. I am part of a close family, all of whom are central to my life. There is my mother, Rosa M. O'Bannon, brother, Louis H. O'Bannon III, sister-in-law, Christine O'Bannon, and nephews, Magruder and Corban O'Bannon. When I am not sharing time with my family or watching my nephews play baseball, I also enjoy fishing, golfing, scuba diving, and flying. INVOLVEMENT I strongly believe in dedication to faith and community. I am a member of Christ Presbyterian Church. I am also a vigorous supporter of many Reformed University Fellowship groups, in addition to Young Life and Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Our office also raises money for a different charity each month."

Patient Testimonials

This content was provided by Dr. O'Bannon "My son's teeth were very crooked and hurting him due to spacing issues, and the Tupelo GO team has taken wonderful care of him and his teeth have already had a major transformation in less than a years time. Every phone conversation and every personal encounter has been very positive, helpful, and personable. The doctors are great, the staff are great and I would recommend them to anyone needing orthodontic care! Thanks for all you do to take care of my son! - Michael's mother"

"GO Orthodontics has maintained its reputation for excellence in family orthodontic care and customer service since 1976. Everything we do is for our patients and their comfort. You will notice the difference as soon as you meet us. goorthodontics.com "

2  Practice Areas

• Orthodontics
  • Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics

• Crooked Teeth
  • Crossbite
  • Dental Crowding
  • Dental Spacing
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Misaligned Teeth

• Non-Surgical Orthodontic Procedures
  • Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
  • Orthodontic Aligners
  • Orthodontic Procedures
  • Orthodontic Temporary Anchorage Devices (TADs)
  • Orthodontic Treatment, Adult
  • Orthodontic Treatment, Early
  • Palatal Expander
  • Removable Appliances
  • Retainer Therapy
  • Retainers
  • Spacers for Braces
  • Springs for Braces

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Mississippi.

• University of Alabama
    Medical School | Graduated 1999

Dr. O'Bannon has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. O'Bannon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. O'Bannon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. O'Bannon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. O'Bannon's Reviews