Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Shawn Davis, DMD
Dr. Shawn Davis earned his Bachelor of Science degree at Brigham Young University in 1999. That same year he began his doctorate training at Temple University College of Dentistry. While in dental school he was chosen to complete a concurrent Masters of Business Administration. In 2003, Dr. Davis completed his Doctorate of Dental Surgery and was accepted into the University of Oklahoma's prestigious program in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. During his residency, Dr. Davis received training in multiple surgical and medical disciplines including internal medicine, anesthesiology, pathology, general surgery, management of neck and facial trauma, craniofacial surgery, facial reconstructive surgery, temporomandibular joint surgery, distraction osteogenesis, orthognathic surgery, implant surgery, and facial cosmetic surgery. During his final year at the University of Oklahoma, Dr. Davis was chosen to serve as Chief Resident in the Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Davis continues to participate in resident education at the University of Oklahoma where he serves as a guest lecturer. During his residency, Dr. Davis was involved in multiple extracurricular and leadership activities to help enhance his knowledge and surgical skills. He has served as a member of the leadership committee of the Resident Organization of the American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons. As the District V Representative and a member of the ROAAOMS executive committee, Dr. Davis helped create the American Associate of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons Pocket Reference Guide. This text is now given to all residents who enter Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Residency and is used by surgeons across the country. In addition, Dr. Davis has lectured at numerous dental schools throughout the United States. Dr. Davis attends and lectures at multiple meetings each year to provide cutting-edge technology and techniques for the benefit of his patients. He is also a founding and board member of Seattle Study Club of Southern Utah and the Spear Continuing Education Study Club. Dr. Davis maintains membership in multiple scholarly organizations including: American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons American Dental Association Lecturer University of Oklahoma Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Utah Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons American Society of Dental Anesthesiologists Southwest Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons Dr. Davis is the team surgeon for facial trauma in the sports medicine department at Dixie State University. Dr. Davis grew up in Idaho and Northern Utah, and has lived in St. George for the past nine years. He and his wife are the proud parents of three children. In his spare time, Dr. Davis enjoys sports, reading, hunting, fishing, camping, and spending time with his family. He was also voted "Fittest Doctor" in St. George Health and Wellness Magazine.

393 E Riverside Dr Ste 2B

• MetLife
  • Principal Financial Group
  • Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Davis

"The most rewarding part of my practice is being able to give my patients a healthier lifestyle, a beautiful smile, transforming their lives, and making them happy. That is the reason I come to work every day!" – Dr. Davis

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Jaw Reconstruction Surgery
  • Oral Surgical Procedures
  • Orthognathic Surgery
  • Teeth Extraction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Brigham Young University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1999
  • Temple University
    Medical School | Graduated 2003
  • University Of Oklahoma / Health Sciences Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Davis has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Davis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Davis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Davis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Davis to family and friends
Dr. Davis' Performance
in Washington, UT |
What a great experience my 10 year old son had. The office safe was great as well as the Dr. he did not have to have general just laughing gas. He left with feeling good about the procedure. Thanks!!
in St. George, Utah |
Dr. Davis did my implant surgery and I couldn't have been more pleased. He took a great deal of time to explain the procedure and to answer all my questions. He is the finest oral surgeon I have ever been to. His staff is amazing very professional yet warm, friendly and caring. I would highly and unequivocally recommend Dr. Davis.
in St. George, Utah |
Dr. Davis did my implant surgery and I was very pleased. I have several health issues so I had lots of questions and concerns. He took the time to answer all my questions and he addressed them with my dentist and my oncologist. He then recommended a treatment plan that I felt very confident in. He is an excellent surgeon and sincerely wants his patients to have excellent care and achieve optimal dental health. His staff were wonderful they were very kind and helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Davis
in Santa Clara. UT |
Dr. Davis did my implants. I was so impressed with him and his staff. They made me comfortable and relaxed. The procedure went smoothly and I haven't had any problems since. The staff works like a well-oiled machine. They work well together and are very professional, competent and friendly.
in St George, UT |
I am a terrible patient when it comes to dentists. However, Dr Davis made me feel very comfortable and the best part no pain. He took time to explain and never made me feel I was making a poor choice he explained all options in full detail.
in St. George, Utah |
I had a tremendous experience with Dr. Davis and his staff! They helped me have a greater understanding of the procedure. They answered all my questions as well as took great care of me before, during and after the procedure! I highly recommend Dr. Davis and his staff!
in St. George |
Dr. Davis is a phenomenal surgeon! He makes you feel comfortable and answers any and all questions. He also has a great bed side manner! I would highly recommend Dr. Davis and his staff to anyone needing oral surgery!
in St. George, UT |
Staff was very friendly and efficient. Waiting time was very minimal; they called and verified my insurance prior to coming in. They were patient in answering all of my questions, no matter how trivial they were. Very happy with my experience; I would refer all of my friends and family to this office.
St George, UT |
They billed my old insurance instead of my husband's when he had a tooth extracted. We communicated, they sent me a copy of the EOB, I found the error, and their staff immediately resubmitted the bill.
in Ivins, Ut |
I was very impressed with the office & staff. I was even more impressed with the lack of pain of the implant. It was no worse than the pain of having a filling & healing is going well. Dr Davis & staff were all so kind & willing to answer any questions I had, I highly recommend them if you need to have any oral surgery done.
in St George, UT |
Dr. Davis removed my wisdom teeth. He seemed very attentive and caring, and his office staff was very professional and kind. I recommend him to all my friends for wisdom teeth.
in St. George, Utah |
I would not recommend Dr. Davis to anyone. He has a high volume practice with the help of many nice assistants but my experience in his office was not good. During my first appointment for a dental implant he was rather hurried and dismissive. The implant failed and I won't go back to him - so I am out $2,000. I've had four other dental implants by another oral surgeon (now retired) with no problems.
in st. george, utah |
I thought he was very professional. He explained things to me thoroughly and answered every question completely. I didn't feel rushed.
in Washington, UT |
Dr. Davis removed my wisdom teeth back in Dec. 2015. His office staff was awesome and made me feel at ease. I was pretty nervous. I refer Dr. Davis to all of my friends. Both me and my sister both had ours removed at his office.
Have you seen Dr. Shawn Davis, DMD?
Are you Dr. Davis?

Hospitals where Dr. Davis has admitting privileges

Dixie Regional Medical Center - River Road
1380 E Medical Center Dr
Saint George, UT 84790

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.