Dr. Shaun Rai, DMD

Dr. Shaun Rai, DMD

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  ·
Dr. Shaun Rai, DMD is an oral & maxillofacial surgery specialist in Virginia Beach, VA and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from Tufts University in 1996 and practices oral & maxillofacial surgery, sedation dentistry, and more.Read his story

933 First Colonial Rd Ste 205

Virginia Beach, VA 23454

• Ameritas
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • DenteMax

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check Dr. Rai's experience treating your condition or procedure

• IV Sedation
  • Jaw Bone Tissue Deterioration
  • Jaw Irregularities
  • Jaw Misalignment Leading to TMJ
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Nitrous Oxide Sedation

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Rai

Dr. Rai?
Dr. Rai's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Shaun Rai, DMD
I had a really good experience. Everything went really smooth, Dr. Rai was very professional and knew exactly what he was doing. They made sure I didn’t feel any pain at all for the procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Rai, DMD?
Dr. Rai and his staff Did an amazing job from informing me on the process of my procedure to the actual procedure itself. I am amazed at how easy they made this happen for me. I would recommend him to everyone I know for their orthodontic needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Rai, DMD?
Fantastic experience having my wisdom teeth removed. Nice staff, great doc, clean procedure, zero pain, speedy recovery. 10/10
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Rai, DMD?
Excellent speedy service, even if the laughing gas didn’t work on me as it should have. (Not on them, my body is just stubborn) I don’t have health insurance, but they still saw me promptly and helped me with getting payments done. 10/10 will recommend to anyone who needs oral surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Rai, DMD?
100% amazing and professional!! Would not go anywhere else for any oral surgery!! If anyone needs anything done go to doctor Rai! He and his staff are nothing less than Extraordinary!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Rai, DMD?
Dr. Rai and his staff were amazing! They have a great “bedside” manner along with compassion.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Rai, DMD?
My whole experience was wonderful! The staff & Dr. Rai were very kind, gentle, & had everything prepared for my post OP care. I highly recommend them to friends, family, & work associates.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Rai, DMD?
Could not have been a better experience!! Dr. Rai and his staff made me feel so comfortable and at home with what could easily be a very stressful process and procedure. A five star rating doesn't even do them justice for how I truly feel they did!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Rai, DMD?
I had a short-term need to have a tooth extracted and a bone graft accomplished in preps for a future implant. The staff was excellent in getting me in to see Dr Rai in only three days, and then Dr Rai was excellent in providing a consult and the surgery in the same afternoon. His explanations of the situation and the recommended procedure were both easy to understand and thorough. The entire team made the experience very comfortable.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Rai, DMD?
My son had all four wisdom teeth extracted, they explained everything to me very clearly. He had no issues, everything went smoothly. Everyone in the office was professional and polite. I would recommend Dr. Rai to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Rai, DMD?
Dr Rai and his Team are amazing! They go above and beyond everytime. Everyone in his office is very kind and compassionate. I had my wisdom teeth removed 2 years ago and just recently I had to have 2 teeth removed that were causing an intense amount of pain. After each procedure I only required pain medication the first 24 hours and his Nurse called and checked on me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Rai, DMD?
Dr Rai and everyone at the practice were very caring. Very personable. My son had an excellent experience and smooth going procedure. Recommend highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Rai, DMD?
Dr Rai is awesome!!! I would recommend him for all your dental needs. In fact I just recommended him to a coworker and friend for dental implants.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Rai, DMD?
The staff are all friendly and welcoming putting your mind at ease. Staff are knowledgeable and able to answer all your questions. Dr. Rai is a true master of his craft. The bulk of time I spent in his office was waiting for the numbing agents to take effect. The doctor was kind, cool, and collected. He stated this will take a second and before I could even blink it was out!!!! He was in and out so fast I almost didn't get a chance to thank him. If anyone ever ask me he is the oral surgeon for
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Rai, DMD?
I would totally recommend Dr Rai to my friends n family! Staffs are friendly. Questions are answered thoroughly! Satisfied with the treatment from consultation until after the surgery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Rai, DMD?
I would recommend this surgeon to my family and friends. I recently had oral surgery and didn't d not feel any pain afterwards. This dentist is very safe to go to. The staff workers are very courteous and they even give you ice cream after the surgery. I felt no pain at all!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Rai, DMD?
I am a 70 year old woman who had a horrible experience with a dentist at 17 years old and have feared dentists since. My teeth got so diseased, I needed to have all my teeth surgically extracted. I shared my experience with Dr Rai and assistant Jessica and I was comforted by their compassion and understanding. Dr Rai spoke to me throughout the surgery letting know step by step what he was doing. This eased my anxiety/nervousness. My experience with Dr Rai and staff couldn't have been better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Rai, DMD?
Dr. Rai was amazing through the whole experience, from consultation to surgery. During the consultation, he was thorough in explaining what I needed and how the procedure would go. For the surgery, he talked me through everything he was doing. It went by far smoother than I had anticipated. In fact, it was a pleasant experience. Dr. Rai and his staff were personable, professional, helpful and caring. ***Dr. Rai himself called me the day after surgery for followed.***
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Rai, DMD?
Facing the prospect of having my first tooth loss in my life, I went to Dr. Rai for advice on how to proceed. He was a great comfort to me from the beginning consultation. He was kind, professional and extremely understanding of my anxiety. His patience with me was exceeded only by his surgical skill that left me with a painless, highly satisfying, end result. His entire team of competent and kind staff members were wonderful and extremely proficient in their work. Put your trust in them!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shaun Rai, DMD?
Totally compassionate, understanding, kind, gentle, thorough, and competent care from Dr Rai and his entire staff. I could not have had a better experience!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Rai?

Insurance accepted

Delta Dental PPO
Delta Dental Premier
DenteMax
Dominion Insurance
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Guardian
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
MetLife
Principal Financial Group
United Concordia
Dental

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Rai treats patients.