Dr. Sharon Harris, DMD

Dr. Sharon Harris, DMD

Dentistry  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Sharon Harris, DMD is a dentistry practitioner in Midlothian, VA and has been practicing for 20 years. She graduated from University Of Pittsburgh / School Of Dentistry in 1998 and practices dentistry, pediatric dentistry, and more.Read her story

4906 Millridge Pkwy E

Midlothian, VA 23112

• Anthem

Learn about Dr. Harris

Dr. Harris' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Harris "Sharon Freeland Harris, DMDDentist Dr. Harris is originally from Carlisle, PA where she graduated in 1990. She then joined her brother and sister's lead and attended James Madison University. She graduated in 1994 with her BS in Health Science with a minor in pre-dental. She attended University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine and earned her Doctor of Dental Medicine degree (DMD) in 1998. The summer after graduation she moved here to Midlothian and opened her practice. 1998 through 2008 she enjoyed running her business and also working part-time at the VCU School of Dentistry. "I loved teaching and found it very rewarding to work with my peers of tomorrow." In 2008 she started her family with her husband, Brian Harris. She has been a full-time mother and full-time dentist/business owner ever since. "My favorite thing about what I do as a dentist is sharing my talents and knowledge by helping other people while also thoroughly enjoying myself. My favorite thing about what I do as a business owner is the speechless pride in my incredible team of employees. Being a dentist, like motherhood, is the hardest job you'll ever love." Dr. Harris's favorite categories of dentistry are unique due to their obvious differences. She has a passion for completely evaluating an adult patient's dental health (teeth, gums and bite health) and then maintaining, reestablishing or creating a stable dental condition. (health and beauty) "This could be a dental esthetic makeover or just assisting a patient in knowing how to not get cavities." Her other passion is treating children. "I feel children have rights, too. We pride ourselves on the one-on-one attention that our children patients receive." Dr. Harris grew up in a small town and was very involved with her community. Her parents were both teachers, her brother is a lawyer in Ohio and her sister has her Masters in Music from JMU, is a music teacher and now is also a full time mother in Charlottesville, Virginia. "My work experience from middle school and on consists of babysitting, swim coach, swim instructor, waitress and now over 15 years as a dentist. I feel that each job I have loved because of working with people. I believe we each have something amazing about us and we can assist each other in reaching our potential." "All my personal interests involve maximizing family and friend time. I love to be with neighbors and friends, reading and playing with my family, playing volleyball, swimming, running, and enjoying the outdoors as much as possible!" Dr. Harris' favorite quote:"Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but by how we react to what happens; not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst…a spark that creates extraordinary results." –Unknown"

This content was provided by Dr. Harris "Our goal is to be the single, trusted resource for all of your dental health needs. We offer services such as teeth whitening, crowns, emergency dental care, orthodontics, and restoring implants. Using the latest dental technology and techniques, we provide the best preventive care and treatment in Midlothian, VA. From a child's first dental exam to fitting an adult with dentures, we'll help keep your mouth healthy for life.

We wholeheartedly believe our personal approach to your dental care is what makes us stand out. We always put you and your comfort first—period. Our team is committed to making every visit as pleasant as possible. From the moment you walk in the door and are greeted by a warm smile in our home-like décor, our friendly, caring team will put you at ease."

12  Practice Areas

• Tooth Attrition
  • Tooth Damage
  • Tooth Demineralization
  • Tooth Discoloration

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• James Madison University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1994
  • University Of Pittsburgh / School Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1998

Dr. Harris has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Harris has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Harris does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Harris and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Harris' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Harris

Dr. Harris?
Dr. Harris' Performance

How was your experience with Dr. Harris?