Dr. Shannon HilgersNissen, DMD

Dr. Shannon HilgersNissen, DMD

Orthodontics  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Shannon HilgersNissen, DMD is an orthodontics practitioner in Mission Viejo, CA and has been practicing for 11 years. She graduated from Tufts University in 2005 and practices orthodontics, orthodontics & dentofacial orthopedics, and more.Read her story

26302 La Paz Rd Ste 202

Mission Viejo, CA 92691

• Ameritas
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. HilgersNissen

Dr. HilgersNissen's bio

This content was provided by Dr. HilgersNissen "I am truly blessed to be an orthodontist! I work with a wonderful staff and I interact with amazing patients everyday. We are here to support our patients and help them better themselves in functional and aesthetic capacities. I love interacting with patients of all ages and I enjoy seeing the beneficial changes that our treatment brings into their lives. I have grown up in this office; My first job as a teenager involved mixing cement and sterilizing instruments for my Dad, Dr. James Hilgers. I am a third-generation orthodontist and I feel very honored to carry on the family tradition. I am a local product of St. Margaret's in San Juan Capistrano. After high school I headed north to Santa Clara University where I received my B.S. in Psychology. After completing my Doctorate of Dental Medicine at Tufts University in Boston, I returned to Southern California and Loma Linda University where I received my Master of Science degree in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics. As my patient you will enjoy outstanding orthodontic treatment, honest communication, and a friendly and professional atmosphere. As a mother of two small boys, I know that a kind and gentle approach is the best way to make your children enjoy the orthodontic experience."

This content was provided by Dr. HilgersNissen "At this practice, we believe that orthodontics is a serious business that should be done in a fun way! Our staff is warm and welcoming and our doctors are playful. We love our jobs and it shows in our chairside manner. Our team is special because they love what they do and they enjoy where they work. Many of our staff members have worked with us for over fifteen years and we are like one big family! We all enjoy treating our patients well and educating them about their oral health."

3  Practice Areas

• Orthodontic Treatment, Adult
  • Orthodontic Treatment, Early
  • Removable Appliances
  • Retainers

No malpractice history found for California.

• Santa Clara University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1997
  • Tufts University
    Medical School | Graduated 2005
  • Loma Linda University / School Of Dentistry
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. HilgersNissen has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. HilgersNissen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. HilgersNissen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. HilgersNissen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. HilgersNissen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. HilgersNissen

Dr. HilgersNissen?
Dr. HilgersNissen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Shannon HilgersNissen, DMD
RecentHighestLowest
My family and I have been happy patients of the Hilgers' practice for many years and can offer our highest recommendation of the doctors, staff, and facility. These are people who you can really trust with your kids' orthodontics treatment!
Michelle Rea in San Clemente, CA – Aug 08, 2016
Thanks Michelle! We really enjoy and appreciate...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shannon HilgersNissen, DMD?
I have been a patient of this practice since I was a teenager, and I continue to give the team my highest recommendation. Over the years, the orthodontists have straightened my teeth, repaired work done by other practitioners, and provided retainers. Dr. Hilgers Nissen continues her father's...Read More
Darren F in Irvine, CA – Jul 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Shannon HilgersNissen, DMD?

How was your experience with Dr. HilgersNissen?