Dr. Shane W. Sykes, DMD

Dr. Shane W. Sykes, DMD

Cosmetic Dentistry | Male

Learn about this dentist

"I love being a dentist because every day I get to make new friends and spoil them with time and attention." Dentistry is a unique blend of art, science and compassion, and I find it tremendously rewarding. My favorite part of dentistry is meeting someone who has had an unpleasant dental past and pampering them in our office. We open their eyes to a different world of dentistry, one based on comfort, beauty and trust, and I know we've done things right when I get a hug at the end of a visit. I like to think of myself as a "Doctor of Chewing and Smiling." Mother Nature has designed us so that beautiful things function well and functional things are beautiful, and this is particularly true of the mouth. I have an interest in holistic medicine and I am happy to help patients find treatments that fit their lifestyle and needs.Read more

Personal Bio

based on 10 total surveys
Experience with Dr. Sykes
Dr. Sykes' Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (9)
Have you seen Dr. Shane W. Sykes, DMD?
Are you Dr. Sykes?
Get started today!

Compare Dr. Sykes

Compare this Dentist
View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dr. Sykes says...

"I love being a dentist because every day I get to make new friends and spoil them with time and attention." – Dr. Sykes

I like to think of myself as a "Doctor of Chewing and Smiling." Mother Nature has designed us so that beautiful things function well and functional things are beautiful, and this is particularly true of the mouth. In dental school I was fortunate to have the opportunity to be mentored by one of the world leaders in headaches and facial pain, and I have researched and presented nationally on the topic of Cosmetic Dentistry and Self Esteem. I have an interest in holistic medicine and I am happy to help patients find treatments that fit their lifestyle and needs.

I attended Brigham Young University and later graduated with Honors from the University of Kentucky Dental School. There I was mentored by one of the world leaders in the field of headaches and facial pain, which became an area of special interest in our dental practice. Upon graduation I was inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society, an honor given to only 10% of dentists nationwide. I have done a great deal of research regarding Cosmetic Dentistry and how it improves self esteem and has presented my research at multiple national conferences.

After practicing dentistry for a few years in Idaho, Utah, and Alaska I moved my family here to Reno to put down our roots. I often describe myself as a dentist by training but a farmer at heart, and the things I like to raise most are my six energetic children (four boys and two girls). We love anything outdoors, especially rafting, hiking, and ski-touring. I also enjoy cycling, ultra-marathons, and doing adventure races with my wife.

Dr. Sykes' Care Philosophy

Dr. Sykes says...

I attended Brigham Young University and later graduated with Honors from the University of Kentucky Dental School. There I was mentored by one of the world leaders in the field of headaches and facial pain, which became an area of special interest in our dental practice. Upon graduation I was inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society, an honor given to only 10% of dentists nationwide. I have done a great deal of research regardingCosmetic Dentistry and how it improves self esteem and has presented my research at multiple national conferences.

Dr. Sykes' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Cosmetic Dentistry

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• Chipped Tooth
  • Tooth Demineralization
  • Tooth Discoloration

University Of Kentucky
    Brigham Young University

Dr. Sykes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sykes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cosmetic Dentistry