Dr. Shane Sykes, DMD

Dr. Shane Sykes, DMD

Cosmetic Dentistry  ·
Male
Dr. Shane Sykes, DMD is a cosmetic dentistry practitioner in Reno, NV. He graduated from University Of Kentucky and practices cosmetic dentistry, headache management, and more.Read his story

855 W 7th St # 200

• MetLife
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Sykes

Dr. Sykes' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Sykes "I love being a dentist because every day I get to make new friends and spoil them with time and attention." – Dr. Sykes Dentistry is a unique blend of art, science and compassion, and I find it tremendously rewarding. My favorite part of dentistry is meeting someone who has had an unpleasant dental past and pampering them in our office. We open their eyes to a different world of dentistry, one based on comfort, beauty and trust, and I know we've done things right when I get a hug at the end of a visit. I like to think of myself as a "Doctor of Chewing and Smiling." Mother Nature has designed us so that beautiful things function well and functional things are beautiful, and this is particularly true of the mouth. In dental school I was fortunate to have the opportunity to be mentored by one of the world leaders in headaches and facial pain, and I have researched and presented nationally on the topic of Cosmetic Dentistry and Self Esteem. I have an interest in holistic medicine and I am happy to help patients find treatments that fit their lifestyle and needs. I attended Brigham Young University and later graduated with Honors from the University of Kentucky Dental School. There I was mentored by one of the world leaders in the field of headaches and facial pain, which became an area of special interest in our dental practice. Upon graduation I was inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society, an honor given to only 10% of dentists nationwide. I have done a great deal of research regarding Cosmetic Dentistry and how it improves self esteem and has presented my research at multiple national conferences. After practicing dentistry for a few years in Idaho, Utah, and Alaska I moved my family here to Reno to put down our roots. I often describe myself as a dentist by training but a farmer at heart, and the things I like to raise most are my six energetic children (four boys and two girls). We love anything outdoors, especially rafting, hiking, and ski-touring. I also enjoy cycling, ultra-marathons, and doing adventure races with my wife.

This content was provided by Dr. Sykes ""I love being a dentist because every day I get to make new friends and spoil them with time and attention."

I like to think of myself as a "Doctor of Chewing and Smiling." Mother Nature has designed us so that beautiful things function well and functional things are beautiful, and this is particularly true of the mouth. I have an interest in holistic medicine and I am happy to help patients find treatments that fit their lifestyle and needs."

11  Practice Areas

• Fluorosis
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Gingival Fibromatosis
  • Gingivitis
  • Gummy Smile (Oversized Gingiva)
  • Halitosis
  • Hypodontia
  • Impacted Teeth
  • Jaw Bone Tissue Deterioration
  • Jaw Irregularities
  • Jaw Misalignment Leading to TMJ
  • Loose Teeth
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Misaligned Teeth
  • Tooth Demineralization
  • Tooth Discoloration
  • Tooth Malformation
  • Underbite

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• Brigham Young University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University Of Kentucky
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Sykes has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Sykes has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sykes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sykes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sykes' Reviews

4.1
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sykes to family and friends

Dr. Sykes' Performance

Dr. Sykes and the entire team at The Reno Dentist are great to work with. They genuinely care about my health and me as a person. You could not find a more knowledgeable and professional team.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Professional and compassionate. An expert in his field.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Professionalism from top, down. You can tell they truly care for patients and helping them achieve their best smile. I have and would reckoned to friends and family.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Superb service and professionalism across the board.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I am pleased with the dental care provided by this office. I am thankful they have early appointments and weekend care available.