Cosmetic Dentistry  |
Male
Dr. Shane Sykes, DMD
"I love being a dentist because every day I get to make new friends and spoil them with time and attention." – Dr. Sykes Dentistry is a unique blend of art, science and compassion, and I find it tremendously rewarding. My favorite part of dentistry is meeting someone who has had an unpleasant dental past and pampering them in our office. We open their eyes to a different world of dentistry, one based on comfort, beauty and trust, and I know we've done things right when I get a hug at the end of a visit. I like to think of myself as a "Doctor of Chewing and Smiling." Mother Nature has designed us so that beautiful things function well and functional things are beautiful, and this is particularly true of the mouth. In dental school I was fortunate to have the opportunity to be mentored by one of the world leaders in headaches and facial pain, and I have researched and presented nationally on the topic of Cosmetic Dentistry and Self Esteem. I have an interest in holistic medicine and I am happy to help patients find treatments that fit their lifestyle and needs. I attended Brigham Young University and later graduated with Honors from the University of Kentucky Dental School. There I was mentored by one of the world leaders in the field of headaches and facial pain, which became an area of special interest in our dental practice. Upon graduation I was inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society, an honor given to only 10% of dentists nationwide. I have done a great deal of research regarding Cosmetic Dentistry and how it improves self esteem and has presented my research at multiple national conferences. After practicing dentistry for a few years in Idaho, Utah, and Alaska I moved my family here to Reno to put down our roots. I often describe myself as a dentist by training but a farmer at heart, and the things I like to raise most are my six energetic children (four boys and two girls). We love anything outdoors, especially rafting, hiking, and ski-touring. I also enjoy cycling, ultra-marathons, and doing adventure races with my wife.

855 W 7th St # 200

• Diversified Dental Services
  • MetLife
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Sykes

I like to think of myself as a "Doctor of Chewing and Smiling." Mother Nature has designed us so that beautiful things function well and functional things are beautiful, and this is particularly true of the mouth. I have an interest in holistic medicine and I am happy to help patients find treatments that fit their lifestyle and needs.

• Cosmetic Dentistry

• Fluorosis
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Gingival Fibrosis
  • Gingivitis
  • Gummy Smile (Oversized Gingiva)
  • Halitosis
  • Hypodontia
  • Jaw Bone Tissue Deterioration
  • Jaw Irregularities
  • Jaw Misalignment Leading to TMJ
  • Loose Teeth
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Misaligned Teeth
  • Tooth Malformation
  • Underbite

• Bite Adjustment
  • Cerec® Tooth Restoration Procedure
  • Cosmetic Contouring (Dental)
  • Cosmetic Procedure
  • Snoring Therapy
  • Teeth Whitening
  • Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Treatment
  • Upper Dentures

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• Brigham Young University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University of Kentucky
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Sykes has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Sykes has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sykes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sykes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sykes' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sykes to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Sykes' Performance
in Reno, NV |
I advise all potential patients to stay away. I have never experienced such incompetence with an office staff and billing. They have no regard for their customer base after making critical billing and informational errors. Attempts to resolve their mistakes were met with collection agency threats, all over a 82 dollar discrepancy. So many other great dental options in Reno that care to provide a great experience and appreciate their customers. I highly recommend looking elsewhere.
Thank you for visiting with us the other day and allowing us to shed light on a common misunderstanding about dental insurance. At The Reno Dentist, our patients are absolutely our top priority. While we are happy to bill all insurances, unfortunately yours was not in network with us. Many patients elect to see our doctors regardless of this because of our quality of care. Our team attempted to assist with your billing needs but as your insurance rep stated, your dollar amount due was 82.
in Sparks, NV |
Dr. Sykes and his staff are amazing. He has all the traits I was looking for in a dentist: Caring. Check! Kind and informative. Check! Knowledgeable. Check! Personable and trustworthy. Double check! Great office staff. Check, check, check! Working within my budget for treatment. Check! A real attainable game plan for long term oral care. Super big check! I have already recommended him to several friends and family! Everyone should have this high quality type of dental care!
in Reno, NV |
I will never go anywhere else! As soon as you walk into the Reno Dentist it feels like you walked into your families home. All the staff are super friendly and makes you feel very comfortable. They are always willing to work you into their schedule if you have an emergency. I have never had any problems with the work they have done on my teeth and they will always call you after a procedure to make sure you are doing well. My kids even like going! Hands down the most professional/amazing office!
Have you seen Dr. Shane Sykes, DMD?

Visit Dr. Sykes