Dentistry  |
Male
Dr. Scott Hayhurst, DMD
Dr. Hayhurst was born and raised in Idaho but also lived in Alabama and Oregon as his father served in The United States Air Force. His father, a Lt. Col, Pilot, and MBA, and his mother, a school teacher, instilled the value of hard work and setting goals in Dr. Hayhurst from a young age. Dr. Hayhurst attended Weber State University and played basketball his freshman year as a redshirt. After completing a 2 year service mission for his church in Columbus, OH, he attended Dixie University and resumed playing basketball. Due to knee injuries his basketball career ended, but his studies did not! Dr. Hayhurst attended Utah State University for 3 years before attending The University of Louisville School of Dentistry for 4 years and graduated with his DMD degree in 2001.

Dr. Scott E. Hayhurst

7337 W Northview St

Boise, ID 83704

• Ameritas
  • Blue Cross of Idaho
  • Dental Network of America
  • MetLife

Learn about Dr. Hayhurst

The office of Scott Hayhurst Family Dental has provided complete, gentle and personalized care for adults, teens and children in the Treasure Valley. Through a unique education-first, caring approach, our team listen's to each patient's needs and their dental history. We provide each patient with a comprehensive understanding of their specific dental care plan for good long-term oral health care. Our patient-first approach has positioned us asone of the top dentists in Boise.

The goal of our team of dental specialists is to provide you with the highest level of service in a comfortable environment. Your well-being is of the upmost importance to Dr. Hayhurst and the staff. Other dentists in Boise provide similar services, but at Scott Hayhurst Family Dental, we go above and beyond to provide you with the care you deserve.

• Broken Tooth

• Teeth Scaling
  • Teeth Whitening
  • Ultrasonic Dental Cleaning
  • Upper Dentures

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Idaho.

• Louisville Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Hayhurst has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Hayhurst has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hayhurst does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hayhurst and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hayhurst's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hayhurst to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Hayhurst's Performance
Great staff.
Boise, ID |
I was 28 when I started going to Dr Hayhurst. I had gone my entire life with no cavities. Once I saw him EVERY time I was told I had the start of a cavity and that it was recommended to take care of it. After three fillings and every time they didn't get the billing right I switched dentists. Since switching, all three of my fillings had to be redone. And amazingly enough I haven't had any more cavities. He never listened to what I wanted. His office is money hungry.
in Star, ID |
I am a new patient with Dr. Hayhurst and I really have been pleased with the care and service I received. I have had three visits to his office and find the professionalism, patient care and concern to provide top-notch service to be exemplary from the doctor and all his support staff. When I had to call during his vacation for a problem that came up with a crown, Courtney was especially helpful in chasing down answers, care and prescriptions for me. Very impressive! Highly recommend!
in Mountain Home Idaho |
Confidential and caring. Finds the treatment that will have the best outcome for the patient. His staff is amazing! They are friendly and knowledgeable and make procedures go smoothly. He is my dentist.
in Boise, ID |
Dr. Hayhurst and his staff have been great. I have already referred family members to him.
in Boise, Idaho |
I went into Dr. Hayhurst's office for a regular teeth cleaning. The staff was very nice and professional. I have never had a Hygienist and Dentist recommended a brand of toothpaste or toothbrush for me. I felt like they really care about their patients and oral health. I would recommend this office to anyone
Boise, ID |
lets see, was quoted that day 767.00 for the work that day . when I went to the counter they said 984.00, the lady that helped the doctor work on me told them he was quoted 767.00, they said no , so I paid the 984.00 . went back to talk to them few weeks later about the charge, they stated that lady that took my 984.00 no longer works here buy. , he worked on 4 teeth , 11 months later I had to pay to have 2 of those fixed again.
Thank you for taking the time to review our practice. We give estimates on work to be done and sometimes when we get into the treatment, additional measures need to be taken to insure your complete dental health. You wouldn't want to go home with "half a filling" because your budget ran out. Teeth are fragile and the foods we choose to eat can sometimes create problems after the initial treatment was performed. A lot can happen in 11 months. We would be happy to discuss this with you.
in Boise, ID |
This was the worst experience, first the receptionist was very rude... then Dr. Hayhurst try's selling me that I need a new cap on a tooth that I just barely had done about a year ago. He tells me I have 3 cavitys and I could use Invisalign to straighten my teeth...so my teeth are really straight and I didn't feel like I needed a new cap so I went to someone else. I signed a release for my X-rays and they won't release them that I have paid for, turns out I don't need ANY dental work done!
Gwen, we appreciate your review. We wish all our patients arrived chipper but we realize that everyone is entitled to an "off" day once in a while. We recommend Invisalign to patients that may have a crooked bite that creates unnecessary wear on their teeth. Our #1 concern is the complete oral health of our patients...for life. We would be doing a disservice to our patients if we didn't inform them of treatments that will improve their health, which is why most people come to the dentist.
in Boise, ID |
Dr. Hayhurst and his staff are great. I can call in and receive an answer to an issue instantly. They are so friendly and knowledge. Never have to wait for an appointment. Very personable and truly caring.
in Boise, ID |
Whenever I ask questions about pain in my teeth, Dr. Hayhurst always says don't worry, cuts me short because he's in a hurry to go to the next patient, and makes me feel like my questions are not important. I cry each time I get shots in my jaw and am frustrated in that my root canal failed costing me another $1,500 to retreat. His technician Courtney and finance manager Jan seem to have more patience and understanding of my situation but I am sad to find out Jan has now quit the office.
Stefanie, we appreciate the time you took to review our practice and we empathize with your concern. Root canals sometimes fork, resulting in one or more offshoots. In many cases the resulting branches may be very tiny and as a result are hard for any dentist to detect and treat. Dr. Hayhurst has a busy practice and is very good at providing excellent dental care. Every patient is important to us and we try to ensure all questions are answered. We hope to see you again.
in Boise, ID |
excellent work and listens to what you tell him
Have you seen Dr. Scott Hayhurst, DMD?

Visit Dr. Hayhurst

Dental Network of America DPPO
    Humana PPO
  • MetLife
    MetLife PDP

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery