Dr. Salvatore De Ricco, DDS

Dr. Salvatore De Ricco, DDS

Orthodontics  ·
Dr. Salvatore De Ricco, DDS is an orthodontics practitioner in White Plains, NY and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from Georgetown University School Of Medicine in 1987 and practices orthodontics, orthodontics & dentofacial orthopedics, and more.

141 Underhill Ave

White Plains, NY 10604

Learn about Dr. De Ricco

This content was provided by Dr. De Ricco "Every patient deserves the best care possible. I firmly believe that an accurate and thorough diagnosis can only be rendered with x-rays, diagnostic models and time spent studying that information. I always communicate with all my patients throughout the entire course of treatment so everyones expectations can be met. I, not an assistant, treat every patient that walks into my office. I consider it a privilege to be an orthodontist."

4  Practice Areas

• Dental Crowding
  • Misaligned Teeth
  • Overbite
  • Underbite

No malpractice history found for New York.

• New York University

• Westchester Magazine Top Dentist, 2010
  • Westchester Magazine Top Dentist, 2011
  • Board Certified, 2006
  • NY State Dental Association New Dentist Leadership, 1996

Dr. De Ricco has no media or publications listed.

Dr. De Ricco does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. De Ricco and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. De Ricco's Reviews

4.0
Likelihood of recommending Dr. De Ricco to family and friends

Dr. De Ricco's Performance

My daughter just got her braces off, and her result is spectacular! She had a palatal expander, bite plate and lip bumper to correct most of her orthodontic problems, and only needed the braces for fine-tuning, and she had them for a much shorter time than any of her friends, which thrilled her! ...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for your kind words; it was a pleasure to have treated your daughters! And no, I'm no magician, but I've had the distinct honor and privilege of studying under and practicing with the legendary Dr. R.L. Vanarsdall, Jr. - of Philadelphia, who literally and figuratively wrote the textbook of orthodontics - pioneering many of the treatment techniques that I utilized for your daughters. Spending nearly 25 years with him clarified which techniques are most superior, healthful, and lasting.

I had the best experience ever with Dr. Dericco and his assistant Kathy. He is the best of the best and he is the best at what he does. He is professional, super knowledgeable and he explains every step along the way. My teeth were very badly positioned. Dr. Dericco gave me to choices, surgery or...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0

Thank you so very much, for your review and your sentiments. It was a pleasure to have been able to provide your orthodontic care, and that for your children, now, as well. Fortunately, by starting them at their young ages, I can avoid the need to have to consider any surgical options - by working with their growth and development. I look forward to continuing to provide them with the same high standard of care that you have experienced and now expect from me. Thank you for your confidence!

I practiced with Dr. Salvatore DeRicco as his orthodontic assistant and then Associate Orthodontist for 6 years. He is one of the most knowledgeable orthodontists that I have had the pleasure of learning from and he has greatly influenced how I practice orthodontics in my own practice. His...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0

Todd, I truly appreciate your kindness and review! It was such an enjoyable and fulfilling experience, to collaborate with you - before, during, and after your orthodontic studies, and for me to have had the privilege of passing on much of my mentor's (Dr. Vanarsdall's) knowledge and expertise, to you. I hope you have the opportunity to do the same for a future "budding" orthodontist, in an effort to keep "Dr. V's" legacy and genius alive, for yet another generation of orthodontic patients.

Dr. Dericco has one way of fixing ortho problems and if that way doesn't work, he doesn't have other solutions. My daughters back teeth were pushed up into her jaw so when her dental retainer came out, her back teeth no longer touched in the back, making it impossible to chew. The Drs response...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option1

This does not sound like it can be anyone I have ever treated, for the following reasons: First, I have numerous ways to "fix" orthodontic problems, but I always begin with the most superior of them, tailored to each individual's malocclusion, for the most ideal outcome. Secondly, I started my practice in White Plains 22 years ago, and I have never had even one of those patients file a legal claim against me. Finally, dental retainers are passive devices, and cannot push teeth into one's jaw

This orthodontist is a perfectionist. He took a lot of time with me and really made certain I understood what my options were to move forward. Recommend.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for your sentiments. I was fortunate to have studied and practiced with one of the world's foremost orthodontists and orthodontic educators, for nearly 25 years - commuting from White Plains to Philadelphia, to do so, for 22 of them. He co-authored the premier textbook of orthodontics, and, not that I'd want to, but I'm sure it would be hard to stray from practicing "textbook orthodontics", when I've "lived it", for that long. I've had the BEST role model, and I am eternally grateful!