Dr. Salem Akkad, DDS

Dr. Akkad
Telehealth services available

Sleep and Snoring Solutions

4515 Matlock Rd Ste 117 Arlington, TX 76018

Dr. Salem Akkad, DDS is a Sleep Medicine Specialist in Arlington, TX. He is affiliated with Methodist Mansfield Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Akkad to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Sleep Medicine Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Dr. Akkad treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Akkad's conditions and procedures:

• Snoring

Dr. Akkad accepts

Dr. Akkad accepts the following insurance:

Assurant Health
Dental

Dr. Akkad's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Akkad

Dr. Akkad?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (30)
  • Explained conditions well (30)
  • Listened & answered questions (30)
  • Appointment was rushed (1)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (1)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (1)
Dr. Akkad and his team are great! They go above and beyond to take care of the patient. He's very thorough and patient. He'll do whatever it takes to help find the solution to each individual's problems. Great doctor and staff. Would definitely recommend to family and friends.
Anita – Feb 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salem Akkad, DDS?
Dr. Akkad is caring, patient and thorough. He really tries to understand what’s going on and how to correct any problems. His staff, including nurse Janis, is the same way.
Maria – Nov 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salem Akkad, DDS?
Very friendly, professional and clean environment. They listen, and goes over everything in details step by step. He really cares for his patients. Highly recommend. Great service all around.
The Tappens – Oct 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salem Akkad, DDS?
The group I have been working with are great. Everyone is very nice and willing to help you any way they can.
Oct 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salem Akkad, DDS?
Absolutely the best experience with sleep treatment.
Sherry – Sep 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salem Akkad, DDS?
Very professional and knowledgeable staff!
Sep 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salem Akkad, DDS?
Awesome!! I suffered for years then I got a CPAP maching. I travel for work so I lugged a CPAP machine around. I found out about Simple Sleep Services and Dr Akkad. Changed my life!! Thank you so very much!!
Christie P – Jul 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salem Akkad, DDS?
I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea and could not use a CPAK. Dr. Akkad was very personable and explained everything in detail. The office took my medical insurance which helped cover most of the cost of the appliance. I normally needed to stay in bed 11-12 hours to feel somewhat rested. After using the appliance for a while, I now feel well rested after 7-8 hours. This works. I recommend Dr. Akkad. His staff is friendly and helpful.
Jun 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salem Akkad, DDS?
I am a pulmonary physician that sees a lot of patients with sleep apnea. For the right individual this device is almost a miracle. Minimum maintenance (no hoses no masks) and portability (no one bothers you at the airport) truly a plus. Going to Dr Akkad office is a pleasure and I can attest that is not only him but also all of his staff that are personable, extremely polite and very knowledgeable. To make it short I cannot live without my device I recommend him without hesitation
Jorge Pinilla, MD Pulmonary Diseases – Feb 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salem Akkad, DDS?
Dr. Akkad is attentive to your needs and what results you are wanting from your mouthpiece. When I went in to get a 2nd mouthpiece (I cracked my 1st one after 4 years)...he insisted on getting another, more accurate set of images and added a feature to my mouthpiece so I could fit rubber bands to it to keep my mouth closed. The first night I wore the new mouthpiece, my husband actually poked me to make sure I was alive...I wasn't snoring AT ALL!!! I sleep through the night now, with deep, restful sleep - and my husband does as well!
Carissa – Sep 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salem Akkad, DDS?
One of the best doctors I’ve ever had. He always took his time explaining things to me. The device is great. My only regret is I didn’t get it earlier! The staff is great too. They worked hard to get my insurance to cover the device.
May 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salem Akkad, DDS?
Dr Akkad was outstanding. He is compassionate about helping you to resolve and find solutions for your snoring or sleep apnea. I opted for the mouthpiece option and could not be happier. My girlfriend says it has eliminated my snoring and I wake up feeling refreshed and like I got a good nights rest. If you are reading this I highly recommend Dr Akkad and I wish I would have done this years earlier.
Alan Villa in TX – Feb 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salem Akkad, DDS?
Dr. Akkad is very experienced in the world of Dentistry and Sleep Apnea. He is honest and trustworthy. He cares about you as a patient which is unfortunately not always the case with some professionals. I had a wonderful experience with him and he genuinely cares about you and your health....not the money. I highly recommend him!
Garland, TX – Mar 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salem Akkad, DDS?
Dr. Akkad is very personable and realistic about expectations of care, he will do his part as care provider and I have to do my part as a willing patient. I had my first visit and I am optimistic about my treatment for OSA, improving my quality of sleep and life. He was attentive and took time when asking questions to listen to my answers/concerns. I will update upon completion of my next appt.
Reeshia G in Lancaster, TX – Feb 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salem Akkad, DDS?
Dr. Akkad really knows what he's doing. If you snore, he's the guy to see. The courtesy and professionalism of Dr. Akkad's staff is outstanding. Compared to other medical offices with which we have worked, they are a solid 10.
Dan W in Arlington, TX – Nov 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salem Akkad, DDS?
Dr. Akkad and office personnel were extremely professional, courteous, and helpful. Dr. Akkad helped to virtually eliminate my snoring problem (sleep apnea) with my custom dental appliance. Sleep is now a much more enjoyable, effective, and easily manageable process. On two previous occasions, I tried to sleep with a C-Pap machine. Both times were unsuccessful. If you have problems sleeping with the C-Pap machine. Or just tired of it and are looking for and different, but very effective solution
Marcus in Mansfield, TX – May 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salem Akkad, DDS?
Dr Akkad's apnea mouth guard is definitely another way to go if you are CPAP intolerant or need to travel using a device that reduces sleep apnea events. The Dr. is very knowledgeable and will steer you in the right direction for which ever method works best for you. The device is adjustable and the DR. will tweak it as necessary. This device also has electronic monitoring, which is especially important if you work in the transportation industry. Government entities such as the FAA do app
Frank in Fort Worth, TX – Apr 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salem Akkad, DDS?
Great experience with Dr. Akkad. He takes his time with his patients and genuinely cares about them. The device is very comfortable and works great. If you're desperate to get a good night sleep, Dr. Akkad is the person to go to.
Darla in Grand Prairie, TX – Mar 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salem Akkad, DDS?
I had undiagnosed sleep apnea for years. Finally got diagnosed and decided to do the oral appliance. Dr. Akkad made sure the oral appliance was custom fitted for me and has worked with me for about two years. If I ever have an issue, I can get an appointment very quickly. He is very professional, up to date on the latest sleep apnea treatment options and one of the nicest people you'll meet! Definitely recommend him!
Dallas, TX – Mar 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salem Akkad, DDS?
Since I had 100% positive results I (and especially my wife) highly recommend Dr. Akkard and his products. Go see him to get a better night?s sleep and a happy wife. Also, great front office help with Lilly
Jimmy in Mansfield, TX – Nov 26, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Salem Akkad, DDS?

How was your experience with Dr. Akkad?

Dr. Akkad believes that healthy sleep is essential, sleep apnea and related sleep disorders should not be taken lightly and can lead to serious health...Read more

• Sleep Medicine