Dr. Ronald Ellingsen, DDS

Dr. Ronald Ellingsen, DDS

Orthodontics  ·

Dr. Ronald Ellingsen, DDS is an orthodontics practitioner in Spokane, WA and has been practicing for 27 years. He practices orthodontics, orthodontics & dentofacial orthopedics, and more.Read his story

Simply Sensational Smiles

• Premera Blue Cross
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Ellingsen

Dr. Ellingsen's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Ellingsen "I am a native of Spokane and grew up attending schools in the Mead District. I attended Washington State University for my undergraduate studies (Go Cougs!). I completed my dental degree and advanced orthodontic training at the University of Washington (Go Dawgs as long as you are not playing the Cougs!). I am proud to call North Spokane home where I not only practice but live and have raised my family of four great kids with the help of my high school sweetheart, Patty. I am truly invested in our community and I enjoy sponsoring youth sports organizations, local PTO's, food and school supplies drives, and many other events that benefit everyone who lives here! In 2016, I celebrated 25 years in practice and I still love what I do! It is fun and rewarding to see the changes that we make in the lives of our patients. I am passionate about orthodontics, and I love having the opportunity to share the benefits of a beautiful and healthy smile with my patients. I am a member of the American Association of Orthodontics, Washington State Dental Association, Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists, Spokane District Dental Society and I am honored to serve as a member of the Spokane Craniofacial Review Board. My other passions include tennis and golf which I play whenever I get the opportunity. In the fall you will find me at the Cougar football home games or watching them on TV when they are away. I am also an avid Gonzaga basketball fan and enjoy watching all their games."

This content was provided by Dr. Ellingsen "Dr. Ronald Ellingsen, known simply as Dr. Ron to his patients, truly loves his profession and is honored to practice orthodontics in this great area.  Dr. Ron was fortunate to join his father's practice and work with him prior to Dr. Jim's retirement.  Together they created a legacy of providing outstanding service and results that Dr. Ron continues today.  Dr. Ron treats all his young patients as if they were his own children.  Dr. Ron and his team have over 140 years of combined orthodontic experience that they use to ensure that every patient receives the individual care and treatment plan that is best for them.  We believe that every patient deserves the highest standard of care and service.  We attain this by treating every single patient with kindness and integrity and using the most up to date techniques and equipment available.

Your smile is uniquely yours and we will assist you in every way possible to ensure that your smile shines bright!"

3  Practice Areas

• Crossbite
  • Dental Crowding
  • Dental Spacing
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Misaligned Teeth

• Retainers
  • Sleep Apnea Treatment
  • Spacers for Braces
  • Springs for Braces

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Washington State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1985
  • University Of Washington
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • University Of Washington
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Ellingsen has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Ellingsen has no media or publications listed.

• American Association of Orthodontists, Member
  • Washington State Dental Association, Member
  • Washington State Society of Orthodontists, Member

Dr. Ellingsen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ellingsen to family and friends
98 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Ellingsen's Performance

Dr. Ellingsen is more about the money than his concern for his patients. I was told that my teeth were ready for jaw surgery even though my teeth were not completely straight and I had two upper teeth gaps. I had plenty of time for them to close but his concern was more, "get the surgery and get...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

At Smiles, we strive to provide exceptional customer service to every single patient. We apologize if you received anything less than a 5 star experience. We understand that everyone's situation is unique and would love the opportunity to discuss this matter with you. Please feel free to contact our office at anytime that is convenient for you to further discuss the situation. Thank you for your review as your input is a learning experience for our practice and helps us grow every single day.