Dr. Robin Santiago, DMD

Dr. Robin Santiago, DMD

Dentistry  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Robin Santiago, DMD is a dentistry practitioner in West Hartford, CT. She graduated from University Of Connecticut / School Of Dental Medicine and practices dentistry, pediatric dentistry, and more.Read her story

901 Farmington Ave Ste 201

West Hartford, CT 06119

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts

Learn about Dr. Santiago

Dr. Santiago's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Santiago "My commitment to aesthetics in dentistry started early. And, I mean very early. At age 9, I took a spill off my bike that resulted in a cracked front tooth—almost down to the gum line! The pain was in the scratches on my knees and elbows, so until my mother ran up to me shouting "Your tooth! Why couldn't you have broken your arm?" I had no idea about the extent of my injury. Her response brought home to me the importance of having healthy teeth and a great smile. Over the next weeks, I had a root canal, a post, and several temporary crowns that resulted in many moments of humiliation and embarrassment when the temporary crown would inevitably fall off at just the wrong moment—such as when I was called to speak in class! I would cry and cover my mouth with my hand so that no one could see the stub and ugly space. The experience was terrible, but the result was life changing for me. Because of that experience, I can personally empathize with anyone experiencing an aesthetic emergency. Materials back then were not what they are today, which accounted for part of the problem. Until I had my veneers placed in 1999, I knew that despite some eight or nine different crowns, my front teeth did not match in color. The delight I have experienced since having a smile makeover is unequaled! I just love hearing, "You have such a beautiful smile. Your teeth are so perfect!" Modern materials are greatly improved for all dentistry, including implant dentistry and orthodontics. Any, some, or all of these modern techniques can be combined to solve even the most challenging dental issues. In fact, my husband, Rafael, is a perfect example. His badly worn teeth was a result of one bad habit—teeth grinding. As I progressed through dental school, I worried over his habit and looked for ways to solve the problem. My frustration mounted when my professors were unable to explain how this could be done. I remember graduating and my husband happily turning to me to say, "Now you can fix my teeth." It was a sad moment when I had to say, "No, I still don't know how." His deep disappointment, along with my feelings about my own front teeth, propelled me on my mission to better understand how the mouth functions and how to reconstruct broken smiles. Happily, I found Dr. Peter Dawson and the L.D. Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Studies. At last, I understood occlusion (the way your teeth come together—also known as your bite) and how to manage it for the restoration and reconstruction of smiles, from the mildly eroded to the most devastated. Today, my husband's smile is a delight to behold. It is the result of careful planning, orthodontics, and the miracle of modern porcelain restorative dentistry. He has a true, total smile makeover! He smiles more and feels more confident. Best of all, I enjoy looking at his handsome face and beautiful smile more than ever! Our journeys to more beautiful smiles have enabled me to appreciate the meaning of a beautiful smile from both sides of the chair. I enjoy sharing that skill, judgment and knowledge with the people who trust me with their care. As our techniques and materials continue to improve we have discovered ways of enhancing your smile without even drilling on your teeth! This is my passion. I want everyone to experience the thrill and joy of a beautiful, healthy smile—including YOU!"

14  Practice Areas

• Tooth Abrasion
  • Tooth Attrition
  • Tooth Demineralization
  • Tooth Discoloration

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Tufts University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University Of Connecticut / School Of Dental Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • University Of Connecticut / School Of Dental Medicine

Dr. Santiago has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Santiago has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Santiago does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Santiago and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Santiago's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Santiago

4.5

Dr. Santiago?
Dr. Santiago's Performance

How was your experience with Dr. Santiago?