Dr. Robert Yu, DMD

PeriodonticsMaleAge 46

Periodontics

Dr. Robert Yu, DMD is a Periodontics Practitioner in Saint Petersburg, FL and has over 20 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Nova Southeastern University in 2002. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Robert Yu, DMD

Tampa Bay Dental Implants and Periodontics

6700 Crosswinds Dr N Ste 200B Saint Petersburg, FL 33710

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Periodontics Practitioners in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check if Dr. Yu treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Yu's conditions and procedures:

• Non-Surgical Gum Treatment
  • Teeth Scaling

Dr. Yu accepts

Dr. Yu accepts the following insurance:

Dental DPPO
Delta Dental Premier
Dental Network of America
Dental Network of America DPPO
DenteMax
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA PPO
Dental

Dr. Yu's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Yu

4.3

10 stars periodontist. I saw many periodontists before him, and none of them compares to Dr. Yu. His performance, knowledge, attendance to patients, top equipment, the best in the world materials ( I educated myself about it), taking classes about novelties in dentistry and perio dentistry in Europe ( Switzerland, best in the world), the staff- everyone is exceptional. Yes, you pay for what you get, but if you choose less, will cost you more ( someone comment about cost). And to all of you out there needing help - NEVER go to Dr. Crawford. 3 surgical areas he did, turned into disaster, and if you cancel an appointment because you have doubts about going again to Dr. Crawford, his wife, who also works in the office will scorch you for that. My words are not enough to express my trust and admiration for a professional like DR. YU. Do yourself a favor!
Jana – May 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yu, DMD?
Remarkable doctor and team. Dr. Yu saved my teeth from rapidly advancing periodontal disease with his LANAP prowess. The procedure is very tolerable and reasonably effective. I suspect if I keep up my maintenance commitment, dentures won't be in my future any time real soon. His staff is extremely respectful and professional. The entire office operates with a high level of quality and commitment to the client. This practice stands apart from others.
Eric Peterson – Dec 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yu, DMD?
Seems to be very knowledgeable, but expensive. Wants partial payment up front before starting a procedure. Has no payment plans. Also wants remainder of bill paid complete after work is complete. Staff is very pleasant.
Dec 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yu, DMD?
HORRIBLE I WOULD NEVER EVER RECOMMEND THIS MAN!!!!! I had some excess gum and instead of recommending me to an oral surgeon, he made the stupid decision to attempt to remove the gum tissue. In this attempt he cut into some nerves in my upper lip resulting in some loss of feel in my lip!!!! DO NOT GO TO THIS MAN!!!!!!
Nov 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yu, DMD?
Friendly staff and very honest. While I was in the area I went to a few different dentists to get different quotes and prices Etc. And I found them to be the most honest and reasonable.
Tammy Harms in E. Peoria, IL – Feb 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yu, DMD?
I recently went to Dr. Yu for the first time and was very pleased with the experience from start to finish. I would consider myself his newest patient.
Duane Cole in St. Petersburg, FL – Nov 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yu, DMD?
Dr. Yu and his receptionists in both St. Pete and Temple Terrace were so very kind in response to an emergency concern (not of Dr. Yu's making - he was the back up for regular periodontist). Dr. Yu called me back himself to discuss the issue. He listened carefully and then alleviated my concern with a full explanation. Both the receptionist in the St. Pete office and the Temple Terrace office were so understanding and calm and allowed me to explain the situation without interruption.
T. Westerfield – Jul 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yu, DMD?
Dr Yu gave an excellent explanation of my gum issues and how we can begin to resolve or should I say keep under control !! Thank you.
St Petersburg, FL – Mar 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yu, DMD?
Dr Yu is an excellent dentist. He is always professional and works with your comfort and well being in mind. His staff is the friendliest I have encountered.
Venice, FL – Sep 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yu, DMD?
Highly recommend anyone to see Dr. Yu and his hygienist Janice to anyone who needs periodontal services. As always, the entire staff is so curteous and professional. The office is clean and welcoming. My treatments are session leave me feeling very satisfied.
Cinthia in Sarasota, FL – Sep 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yu, DMD?
Dr Yu is a gentle, caring, brilliant and trustworthy doctor. I have been under the care of at least a dozen dentists and he is surely one of my favorites.
BenjaminQ in Sarasota, FL – Apr 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yu, DMD?
Dr. Yu is a good dental surgeon. The Dentists he works with and recommends are a different matter. We paid $50,000 for experience and expertise. In the Dentist we received neither. He was ill educated and inexperienced and did a very unsatisfactory job. I am stuck with ill fitting dentures resulting it a constantly sore mouth.
Jacque Burnett in Apollo Beach, FL – Apr 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Robert Yu, DMD?

How was your experience with Dr. Yu?