Dr. Robert Florio, DDS

Dr. Robert Florio, DDS

Dentistry  |
After earning his dental degree from the NYU School of Dentistry Dr. Robert Florio completed a two-year externship at the Albert Einstein School of Medicine for Advanced Continuing Education in periodontal surgery. This extensive externship included a surgical residency along with lecture studies. In addition to his residency at the Albert Einstein School of Medicine, Dr. Florio also completed a two-year externship at Nassau County Medical Center for oral surgery. This too entailed a two-year surgical residency. Once the residency was completed he chose to remain on the staff for an additional five years as a general dental consultant to the oral surgery department. Dr. Florio's love of learning and searching for answers in the treatment of dental diseases has led him to extensively pursue advanced continuing education studies in dental cosmetics, jaw disorders, and full-mouth rehabilitation from two of the world's most prestigious dental institutions: the Pankey Institute for Post Graduate Education and the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Cosmetic Dentistry, where only a hand- full of dentists worldwide have completed this rigorous training. He has completed 5 continuums at the Pankey Institute for Postgraduate Continuing Education. He is also a graduate of the Center for Professional Advancement in Arizona. Dr. Florio maintains active memberships in numerous professional organizations, including the American Dental Association, New York State Dental Society, and the Nassau County Dental Society. His commitment to advanced training and technology allows him to offer his patients a high level of care, with special interest for those with TMJ (Temporomandibular joint) disorders and those wanting to improve their self-confidence and self-esteem with smile makeovers. He is passionate about incorporating new products and materials into his dental practice. Dr. Florio and his wife, Carolyn, have two wonderful children, Nicole and Eric, and two beautiful grandchildren. In his spare time, you might find him on the basketball court or riding his bicycle. And on sunny days he may steal away for relaxation on the beach.

20 Hempstead Ave

Lynbrook, NY 11563

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Florio

This content was provided by Dr. Florio "We welcome your entire family to our office. Come experience our warm, welcoming atmosphere. Over 66 years of family dentistry experience, now includes implants, mini implants and invisalign for both children and adults. From our family to yours, we thank you for considering us for your dental care."

• Broken Tooth

• Teeth Scaling
  • Teeth Whitening
  • Ultrasonic Dental Cleaning
  • Upper Dentures

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Adelphi University
  • Las Vegas Institute For Advanced Cosmetic Dentistry
    Other Education | Completed 1998
  • Pankey Institute For Post Graduate Education
    Other Education | Completed 1999

Dr. Florio has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Florio has no media or publications listed.

• Italian

Dr. Florio does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Florio and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Florio's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Florio to family and friends
Dr. Florio's Performance
in Lynbrook, NY |
Excellent service! I had a lot of pain from an old root canal and they took me in that day. They've addressed the issue and my next appointment to fix the root canal was made immediately. Can't imagine going anywhere else after this great experience.
Rockville Centre, NY |
The experience with Dr. Florio and his staff was truly the best interaction I have had with another person/company. I had my mouth completely transformed, from tooth whitening, to space filling, to fixing chips in my teeth. I have never written a review for anything before but his work is truly amazing. Each appointment I had, which was about 10-12 appointments I was greeted so nicely by Jill and the staff. My smile has completely transformed. A true gentleman who is an expert at his craft.
in Garden City ny |
Dr Florio and Dr kohner as well as their dental and reception staff are always professional .. Dr Florio is always enthusiastic about his work and his outcomes speaks volumes for his excellent work..
in West Hempstead, NY |
Was very comfortable with the hygienist Michelle and De Kohner was very nice. I think I will like this place. Everyone was very friendly
Merrick, NY |
Dr. Florio is amazing, he is very knowledgeable, skilled and gentle. His staff is very welcoming and professional. I would recommend Lynbrook Smiles to anyone.
North Babylon NY |
Dr. Florio and Dr. Kohner are consummate professionals practicing quality dentistry. I have been a patient for over 30 years, and now both of my children are as well. They love this practice. The atmosphere is friendly and caring. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Absolutely recommend Lynbrook Smiles!
in Bronxville, NY |
Love my hygienist she is wonderful thorough and very knowledgeable staff here is very caring
Uniondale, NY |
Every aspect of my care has been exceptional. I have complete trust in Dr Florio.
in Rockville Centre, NY |
Dr. Florio has been doing a wonderful job saving my smile (it needed a lot of work.) He explains everything, while taking the time to make sure I am comfortable with his decisions. I trust him, and would recommend him to everyone. -Ken
New York, NY |
Always a great experience! Nice place good parking, cleaning are great ang general dentistry is painless... staff very helpful through whole process!
Brooklyn, NY |
This office is top notch, staff and doctors are awesome, so glad I came. It's state of the art all in one place. Thank you everyone.
in Elmont |
Great office. Both Dr. Florio and Dr. Kohner are very professional and trustworthy. They take their time to explain the treatment you need. The staff is wonderful, courteous and efficient. Would highly recommend to anyone .
Excellent! Highly recommend
in Lynbrook, NY |
I love my dental office I love that they use Young living oils they are so friendly and efficient I would suggest them to anyone!!!
New York, NY |
Always a wonderful experience here. Everyone is so nice and they really take good care of you!
in Rosedale, ny |
Honesty. Total tooth care. Explains everything and answers all questions and gives all options.
in Floral Park, NY |
I have been coming here for many years and I'm very happy with the work. I'm a patient for almost 40 years from the start of the practice.
in New York |
Visiting dr. Kohner is always a positive experience. In fact, I look forward to it, which means a lot considering it's a visit to the dentist! She and her team are true professionals. They do what's best for your teeth and your health and make recommendations that are most beneficial for you and your wallet, not their own. Their approach is modern and innovative.
in Long beach |
I have been a patient at Lynbrook Smiles for close to 8 years and I cannot imagine how I would ever receive this quality of care from any other dentists. In addition and equally as important is the staff. I will never let any other dental staff be in my life.
in Oceanside , New York |
The best family dentistry ever !!!... honestly keeping up with dental visits has never been good , but here I always get the service and care that make me feel comfortable!! Through high recommendation my whole family comes!! Thank you to all !!
Fantastic Office greatFantastic Office great staff. Love my hygienist!! Jeanine
Fantastic Office greatFantastic Office great staff. Love my hygienist!! Jeanine
in Huntington,NY |
Very professional services and really with a smile. Love coming here for all my dental needs.
Valley Stream, NY |
Great pain free experience. Staff extremely knowledgeable and personable.
New York, NY |
Dr. Florio is an expert in family dentistry. He is always up on the latest advancements and implementing them within his practice. I trust that he will take care of my teeth as if they were his own. He takes the time to explain and the effectively executes any procedure needed to keep my dental health perfect.
in Valley Stream, NY |
Dr Florio is an amazing dentist! Our family has been coming to him for many years and we have always been very pleased with his work.
in Valley Stream, NY |
I've had various dentists but I've chosen lynbrook smiles as my permanent dentist, I love it here! Both Dr.Florio and Dr.Kohner do a wonderful job, quality work, and always make their patient's comfort a priority. The staff is friendly and kind and it's a family friendly atmosphere. The doctors and staff are warm and personable, but entirely professional. It's always a pleasant fun experience coming here, as fun and pleasant as a dentist visit can possibly be haha. I would recommend to anyone!
Valley Stream, NY |
I have been going here for many years now and every time they do a fantastic job! Great dentist!
in Lynbrook, NY |
I have been with Dr. Florio since 1985 and now with his daughter joining the practice I do not have to worry about ever having to seek another dentist! His staff is second to none!
in Valley Stream, NY |
Dr. Florio has been my dentist for over 20 years! He's always been super nice and personable to my family and I and all his staff are great, especially Dr. K and my hygienist Jeanine!
Cranford, NJ |
Dr Kohner is fantastic. She has answered my texts on weekends, and saw me in an emergency after hours.
Brooklyn, NY |
Best dentist ever, called back at night, seen on Sunday's after hours. Not going here is a mistake they are that good!!! Thank you Dr Florio and Dr Kohner
Elmont, NY |
I recently saw Dr. Florio and he was extremely gentle. There was a tooth he was concerned about and he took his time to examine it and explain to me why he was taking extra care to look. I would definitely recommend Dr. Florio
Rockville Centre,NY |
We have been coming here for over 10 years. I trust Dr. Florio and Dr. Kohner!
Inwood, ny |
Dr. Florio has been my dentist since the early 80,s when my father started taking me to him for cleanings, etc. My father and my aunt are patients of his for many years as well as I am. I would recommend him to anyone I respect, other family and friends, co-workers, etc.
Bronx, NY |
Dr. Florio and Dr. Kohner are great dentists. They have state of the art technology, friendly staff, and are very accommodating!! Did I mention completely painless.
Valley Stream, NY |
I ve seen Dr Florio since 1977. I have been through a lot of surgeries, he is gentle kind and reachable.
Valley Stream, NY |
I have always had the best experience with Dr. Florio. I had much dental work completed and felt completely at ease and confident with the experience level offered and the outstanding customer service.
Valley Stream, NY |
The procedure was painless and quick. Dr. Kohner did a great job
in Valley Stream, NY |
I had a excellent experience at Lynbrook Smiles. Staff is very pleasant and knowledgeable.
in Valley Stream, NY |
Friendly staff, nice office & no waiting.
in Lynbrook, NY |
The office is a welcoming and very professional operation. From the moment you step into the office the patients are treated like they are family. My visits to their offices was the first time I felt comfortable with a dentist. All of their staff are friendly and competent.
Wantagh, NY |
I was seeing Dr. Florio for years. I recently saw Dr. Kohner for a few visits and was impressed by her thorough and ongoing diagnostic assessment. Her positive attitude is a plus!
Floral Park, NY |
Every aspect of my visit at Dr. Floria and Dr. Kohner's office was above average. From the initial contact with the receptionist to working with the dental tech followed by Dr. Nicole Kohner's expert care, there has been no stone left unturned. They are kind, courteous, empathetic, patient and they work with you to accommodate not only your schedule, your financial situation, and any worries you may have about upcoming dental care. I recommend Dr. Kohner and staff without hesitation!
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr Florio and his staff have provided me with excellent dental care for many years and I would recommend them to any incoming patient as they are professionals at what they practice each and every time I have had the pleasure of being treated at their office!
Lovely experience everytime I come in for an appointment! Dr. Florio is by far the best dentist I have been to.
Mineola, NY |
I have never liked going to the dentist, but when I come here I actually have a good time. Dr. Kohner takes pride in her work and explains everything. Dr. Florio is fantastic. I would highly recommend!
garden city, NY |
Dr. Florio has been treating me since I was a child. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone!
West Hempstead, NY |
Dr. Florio is considerate and professional at all times. I called last minute due to pain, not only did Dr. Florio manage to fit me in on a very busy Saturday, he fixed my tooth, calmed my anxiety and I left smiling. I have recommended 3 of my friends and they cant thank me enough. They staff are all warm and welcoming.
in New York, NY |
I like to feel comfortable with my dentist. One way this works for is when my dentist actually spends time to explain what is being done and answer my questiona and concerns. Both Dr. floria and Dr. Kohner do this and I am grateful.
Have you seen Dr. Robert Florio, DDS?
Are you Dr. Florio?