Dr. Richard A. Short, DMD

Dr. Richard A. Short, DMD

Dentistry | Male | 63 years old

I am proud to welcome patients to my practice where real caring and compassion combine with education and experience to provide the best in dental care. My philosophy of service to the patient along with the support of a hand-picked, knowledgeable team creates excellence in both patient care and clinical results. I was born and raised in Medford, Massachusetts. I am a graduate of Boston University where I received a B.A. degree in Biology and graduated with Distinction in Biology in 1976. In my years following college. I pursued my interest in health care by working for research facilities both at Boston University Medical School and Boys Town of America research facility at St. Johns Hospital in Omaha Nebraska. I earned my DMD from Boston University Goldman School of Graduate Dentistry in 1982. I then worked as an associate for Frank Wetherbee, DMD a General Practice in Wakefield and Billerica. In 1985, myself and my his wife, Dr. Ronni Ann Schnell opened our practice at 360 Winthrop Street in Medford while also serving as an instructor in the A.P.E.X. program at the Boston University Goldman School of Graduate Dentistry. In 2002, myself and my wife opened our doors to our current practice at 92 High Street, Suite 12 in Medford; a state-of-the-art patient centered dental office. We take pride in our office and the services we provide. I have received Cosmetic training at the Las Vegas Institute. I am also Invisalign® certified and have been recognized as a Preferred Provider. I am dedicated to a lifetime of continuing education, as is evidenced by earning my Mastership in the Academy of General Dentistry. I have lectured in the use of the CEREC CAD/CAM technology to dentists in the Boston Area. I also volunteer my services for Special Smiles program a program which provides free dental checkups and free mouth guards for participants in the Special Olympics. Myself and my wife Dr. Ronni Schnell have two children, reside in Brookline, Mass and are avid skiers.Read more

The Classic Smile

Learn about this Dentist

We offer the highest quality dental services to people throughout Medford, Massachusetts, and the surrounding areas. From cosmetic procedures to complete smile makeovers, our professionals have the skills and expertise to satisfy your dental needs. Our Practice The Classic Smile has served individuals in the area for more than 30 years. What to Expect We support a patient's decisions about their treatment plan We you educate and encourage patients to be involved in all aspects of their care We listen, value a patient's input and attend to their individual needs We communicate in a clear, timely manner and share all pertinent information Most important, we treat patients and their families with dignity, compassion and respect Going to the dentist can leave you feeling anxious, that is why we offer sedation dentistry to our fearful patients. Getting the treatment you need, can be done easily and painlessly. When you come to us, we strive to make your visit as stress- and anxiety-free as possible. In fact, our full-service practice is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, which gives you the option to watch videos through virtual headsets. Many of the patients who choose to watch videos request to stay after their procedure just to finish the video!Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Short's Experience

Visiting Dr. Short

Dr. Short accepts 21 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Short has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Short's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Short to family and friends
based on 18 total surveys
Experience with Dr. Short
Dr. Short's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (18)
Dr. Richard A. Short, DMD says

Thank you for providing feedback.  Myself and my practice strives for the best service for our patients and we value their feedback to help us improve.

If you were to ever have a question or concern, please call me at 781-391-4131.

Have you seen Dr. Richard A. Short, DMD?

• Cosmetic Dentistry
  • Reconstructive Dentistry
  • Sedation Dentistry
  • Sleep Medicine Dentistry

Dr. Short says..

All of the Doctors at The Classic Smile have either completed an Advanced Degree in General Dentistry or is a Specialist. This Degree is an additional residency after Dental School. All of our Dentists must meet this standard and we take pride in knowing that you are being treated by one of our Doctors.

We provide a fresh and innovative approach with skilled dental specialists that are dedicated to providing patients optimum oral care.

Going to the dentist can leave you feeling anxious, that is why we offer sedation dentistry to our fearful patients. Getting the treatment you need, can be done easily and painlessly. When you come to us, we strive to make your visit as stress- and anxiety-free as possible. In fact, our full-service practice is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, which gives you the option to watch videos through virtual headsets.  Many of the patients who choose to watch videos request to stay after their procedure just to finish the video!

We specialize in General, Cosmetic, Prosthodontics, Periodontics & Implant surgery   dentistry.  What that means to you is, we can take care of all your dental needs without having to leave our office.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Bleeding Gums
  • Dental Spacing
  • Dental Trauma
  • Excessive Tooth Wear
  • Gingivitis
  • Gummy Smile (Oversized Gingiva)
  • Halitosis

• Preventive TMD services
  • Simple Orthodontics
  • Tooth Colored Fillings
  • Intraoral Photography
  • Gum Disease (Gingivitis)
  • Dental Implants
  • Zoom One-Hour Teeth Whitening
  • Sedation Dentistry for fearful Patients
  • Botox
  • Dermal Fillers
This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Allograft Tissue Reconstruction
  • Teeth Scaling
  • Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Recording
  • Temporormandibular (TM) Therapy
  • Tooth-Borne Denture
  • Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
  • Trèswhite Teeth Whitening
  • Ultrasonic Dental Cleaning
  • Under Armour® Mouthguard
  • Upper Dentures
  • VELscope® Vx System
  • X-Ray
  • Zoom!® Teeth Whitening

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

Boston University / Goldman School of Dental Medicine

Graduated in 1982

Boston University School of Medicine

Graduated in 1976

Dr. Short has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Short has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi
  • Hebrew
  • Portuguese

Dr. Short does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Short and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Short's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Dentistry
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Short

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Short's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Short

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Short says...

I am proud to welcome patients to my practice where real caring and compassion combine with education and experience to provide the best in dental care. My philosophy of service to the patient along with the support of a hand-picked, knowledgeable team creates excellence in both patient care and clinical results.

I was born and raised in Medford, Massachusetts. I am a graduate of Boston University where I received a B.A. degree in Biology and graduated with Distinction in Biology in 1976. In my years following college. I pursued my interest in health care by working for research facilities both at Boston University Medical School and Boys Town of America research facility at St. Johns Hospital in Omaha Nebraska. I earned my DMD from Boston University Goldman School of Graduate Dentistry in 1982. I then worked as an associate for Frank Wetherbee, DMD a General Practice in Wakefield and Billerica.  In 1985, myself and my his wife, Dr. Ronni Ann Schnell opened our practice at 360 Winthrop Street in Medford while also serving as an instructor in the A.P.E.X. program at the Boston University Goldman School of Graduate Dentistry.

In 2002, myself and my wife opened our doors to our current practice at 92 High Street, Suite 12 in Medford; a state-of-the-art patient centered dental office. We take pride in our office and the services we provide.

I have received Cosmetic training at the Las Vegas Institute. I am also Invisalign® certified and have been recognized as a Preferred Provider.  I am dedicated to a lifetime of continuing education, as is evidenced by earning my Mastership in the Academy of General Dentistry.  I have lectured in the use of the CEREC CAD/CAM technology to dentists in the Boston Area. I also volunteer my services for Special Smiles program a program which provides free dental checkups and free mouth guards for participants in the Special Olympics.

Dr. Short's Care Philosophy

We offer the highest quality dental services to people throughout Medford, Massachusetts, and the surrounding areas. From cosmetic procedures to complete smile makeovers, our professionals have the skills and expertise to satisfy your dental needs.  Our Practice The Classic Smile has served individuals in the area for more than 30 years.

What to Expect

• We support a patient's decisions about their treatment plan
  • We you educate and encourage patients to be involved in all aspects of their care
  • We listen, value a patient's input and attend to their individual needs
  • We communicate in a clear, timely manner and share all pertinent information
  • Most important, we treat patients and their families with dignity, compassion and respect

• Fulll Mouth Restoration
  • Preventive TMD services
  • Simple Orthodontics
  • Tooth Colored Fillings
  • Intraoral Photography
  • Gum Disease (Gingivitis)
  • Dental Implants
  • Sedation Dentistry for fearful Patients
  • Botox
  • Dermal Fillers

Dr. Short says...

If you were to ever have a question or concern, please call me at 781-391-4131.