Dr. Richard Richter, DMD

Dr. Richard Richter, DMD

Dentistry  |
Male

Richard C. Richter, DMD, FAGD Dr. Richter graduated with honors from LIU CW POST in 1984 where he received a Bachelors of Science in Biology and received his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree (D.M.D.) from Fairleigh Dickinson College of Dental Medicine in 1988. He has been in private practice since 1989. Dr. Richter currently has two private practices in both East Patchogue and East Quogue. The practices go under the names, "Patchogue Family Dental, PC" and "Hampton Family Dental, PC". Dr Richter was awarded a Fellowship with the Academy of General Dentistry. Less than 5% of dentists in the United States have received this honor. Dr. Richter is a tenured international instructor and lecturer for Progressive Orthodontic Seminars, and Progressive Dentistry Seminars. He has lectured in Paris, Vienna, Nice, Lyon, Barcelona, Bilbao and numerous locations across the United States Dr Richter has given continuing education lectures on TMJ, Sleep Apnea, orthodontics, laser dental surgery, laser restorative dentistry, and Dental Technology.

Patchogue & Hampton Family Dental PC

• Guardian
  • MetLife
  • United Concordia

Learn about Dr. Richter

This content was provided by Dr. Richter "Our philosophy is simple: provide each patient the same quality treatment we would our own family. This equates to a gentle, compassionate approach to your treatment in a warm and friendly atmosphere. We pride ourselves on providing you the best in dental care. We attend continuing education in the latest treatments in dental care and oral medicine. We believe the most important ingredient in a successful relationship is communication. We encourage our patients to ask any question or discuss any matter of concern they may have which could have an impact on their treatment. Our team makes every effort to make all our patients happy."

• Endodontics

• Teeth Whitening
  • Ultrasonic Dental Cleaning
  • Upper Dentures
  • Zoom!® Teeth Whitening

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Long Island University Cw Post
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1984
  • Fairleigh Dickinson University
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • Academy Of General Dentistry
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Tenured Instructor For Progressive Orthodontic Seminars
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Richter has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Richter has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Richter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Richter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Richter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Richter to family and friends
Dr. Richter's Performance
in Brookhaven, NY |
Great experience ! Excellent Doctor and excellent staff . Gentle , caring . All about giving a pain free experience . Feel like you are with friends who actually care.
in Dix Hills, N.Y. |
I have been treated by Dr. Richter on multiple occasions over several years. He has performed various procedures on me, and I have always been amazed at how painlessly and skillfully he has done his work. He has at all times been gentle and caring, and he has even followed up personally with a telephone call to be certain that I was not in pain or having any sort of a problem (thankfully I have never experienced pain or any other problem after seeing Dr. Richter).. His staff is also excellent.
in Melville, New York |
Dr. Richter treated me for a root canal and a crown. I am a terrible patient and get the jitters as soon as I even think about going to the dentist. I require a lot of novocaine!!! He was very good with the injections--so gentle and careful. The entire procedure went well, and I was very happy with the results. I highly recommend him!
Woodbury, NU |
Dr. Richter is the most gentlest and pain free dentist that I have had in my 62 years. His office and staff are the most kind and gentle staff. His office is the most technical I have ever seen. Go see Dr. Richter and you will be pleasantly surprised with his golden hands.
San Francisco, CA |
My friend Susan recommended Dr Richter as I was in NY on vacation and desperately needed a dentist. His office immediately made time for me. He was so nice and has some serious skills! He would definitely be my dentist if I lived in NY!
in Nassau County, NY |
Most professional dentist I have used over the last 38 years. Dr Richter is a gentle and caring doctor. His staff are all warm and friendly making you feel relaxed . My family and I travel over an hour from my house to the office. Dr. Richter did my root canal, I was extremely nervous yet, by the end of the procedure I felt like is was being treated as part of the family. I've recommended many friends over the years. Great experience. Would recommend !
in Smithtown, NY |
Worst experience at a dentist I've ever had in my 40 years of going to one. I've never been in so much pain during a root canal in my life. No amount of local anesthetic could dull the pain I was subjected to, I was literally white knuckled to the chair! Dr. Richter's assistant didn't do the job correctly and then when Dr. Richter tried to fix his mistake he insisted on doing the root canal through the crown that was installed. Big mistake! Now my tooth is extremely sensitive to touch.
Dear Pained in Smithtown, My team and I are puzzled. We have been trying to figure out who you are so we may reach out to you . If you have persistent pain please call our office and let me help you resolve this . My practice philosophy has always been to treat every patient as if they were my own family. I and my team , do our very best to make every patient experience as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
in Middle Island, NY |
Dr. Richter is by far the best dentist I have ever met. My family started using his practice about 3 years ago and we consider ourselves blessed to have found him and his wonderful staff. One of my daughters has severe anxiety when it comes to seeing a dentist and Dr. Richter has been so patient and so kind that she no longer avoids denal visits. Dr. Richter treats every patient with a warm and gentle manner and makes everyone comfortable.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Richter, DMD?

Visit Dr. Richter