Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Dr. Richard Nessif, DDS
Dr. Richard Nessif, DDS is a dentist who practices in Columbia, MD. He is 66 years old and has been practicing for 38 years. Dr. Nessif is affiliated with Howard County General Hospital.

10710 Charter Dr Ste 330

• Guardian
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Nessif

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Marshall University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1973
  • West Virginia University
    Medical School | Graduated 1979
  • University Of Maryland Medical Center

Dr. Nessif has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Nessif has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Nessif does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nessif and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nessif's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nessif to family and friends
Dr. Nessif's Performance
Absolutely wonderful
in otomac, MD |
Dr Nessif was the best! Informative , caring, and knowledgeable in all aspects of my procedure. I appreciate having Dr Nessif as my doctor and would recommend him to family and friends.
in Columbia, MD |
Bayan did awesome impressions.
Columbia, MD |
Dr. Nessif is very attentive and detailed oriented in the oral hygiene care he provides. His expertise is evident from the moment you sit in his chair and treatment begins. He also takes care to ensure his patients are relaxed and as comfortable as possible. I have and will continue to recommend him highly.
Awesome
in columbia, md |
Dr, Nessif is a very professional and courteous doctor.
Great Doctor!
Columbia, MD |
nice, cooperative service. definitely return if needed
in Columbia, MD |
Dr.Nessif wes great I am all ready letting people know.
Oakland, MD |
Dr. Nessif was personable, professional and knowledgeable. He explained everything in great detail. I would recommend him to family and friends. He is easy to talk to and has a great sense of humor. The staff was also terrific. Everyone was professional, good natured and helpful.
in Ellicott City, MD |
This is my third procedure Dr. Nessif has done for me so I can say that he is the best! Not only is he highly skilled, he is also very caring and kind. I recommend him without reservation! His staff is wonderful too!
in Lewes, DE |
I travel from Delaware to see Dr. Nessif because it's worth it. Both he and my primary dentist practice in Columbia, where I used to live, and are the only medical professionals I have kept due to the distance and time constraints for me personally. Dr. Nessif is professional, competent and personable. He knows what he is doing and I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone who needed an oral surgeon.
Ellicott City, MD |
This office was not at all friendly, and not at all understanding. I went in with a failed root canal. I was told that the tooth needed to come out, however it was very close to the sinus, and a complication could occur where the sinus was punctured. I asked that Dr. Nessif please consult with his partner to make sure this was what was needed. I was called soon afterwards and told to go elsewhere for treatment: probably because I asked for a second look.
We are sorry that you did not have a positive experience at our office. Some oral surgery procedures can have complications. Generally, our doctors consult one another on the best treatment plan. We are sorry to hear that our treatment plan did not align with your expectations. If you still have concerns regarding your experience, please call our office and we will be happy to discuss the situation. -Sam, Practice Manager
in columbia, md |
Dr. Nessif is a highly skilled dental surgeon who completed a double procedure on my broken tooth to remove and prepare the site for a permenant replacement. This was a complicated procedure and he completed it with a minimum of discomfort. His follow-up was flawless and was available to me at anytime I had a question or excess pain or discomfort. I highly recommend him to anyone needed his special services. Alan Smith
in Columbia, MD |
I had terrible tooth pain that had kept me awake through the night. An emergency visit to my dentist and he immediately referred me to Dr. Nessif. Not only did Dr. Nessif squeeze me in as a brand new patient- he and his whole team were kind and understanding. It made someone in excruciating pain feel at ease. No one treated me as a hassle rather I was taken care of professionally and with compassion. I will always be grateful for how they took care of me and removed my tooth nearly painlessly!!
in Randallstown, MD |
My wait time was only one time - the other 2 times he saw me right away - he was very good at explaining what I needed to do to make it easier for me while he was working, always concerned about my comfort - good warning about how it would feel and what to expect - pain was not bad because of his pain management - gave good instructions for home care - has really good assistants who make sure you are comfortable, that you understand his instructions and have all your equipment - I enjoyed the tv
in Elkridge, MD |
I had a infection and needs my wisdom tooth to be removed immediately. Dr Nessif took me in on the same day and removed my right top and bottom teeth. I have dental anxiety and he helped me with that kept asking me if I was doing good and explained at every step about what he was doing.He is an excellent doctor. I highly recommend him to anyone.
in Ellicott City, MD |
Dr. Nessie is an unbelievable doctor and the women working at the practice were so sweet and delightful to speak to as well. Everyone was helpful and kind and immensely comforting as I was super scared to get my wisdom teeth out! I was there for a consolation and he offered to take me immediately for surgery. He was super soothing and very gentle and kind. Even was VERY fair with pricing. This was an all around fantastic experience and I highly recommend him!
in Ellicott City, MD |
Our region has a number of excellent healthcare providers and I'm very pleased to share my two most trusted clinicians are my general dentist and Dr. Nessif, my specialist in oral and maxillofacial surgeon. Dr. Nessif is an excellent surgeon, period. He and his staff, however, also make it clear that this is about treating a person, not just oral disease. He will explain what is happening at each step and you can expect him to ask frequently how you are doing. Do not expect to be in discomfort.
in Ellicott City, Maryland |
Dr. Nessif's skill as a surgeon resulted in a procedure and an evening immediately after surgery with no discomfort whatsoever! Dr. Nessif's and his surgical assistant's (Samantha) communication skills during surgery also kept me at ease and worry free. Dr. Nessif called me the next morning to ask how I was doing- I was feeling great! Surgical skill and abiding care- you need both and you get both. I give my highest recommendation to Dr. Nessif. My recovery is on schedule.
in Columbia,MD |
We have had a very positive experience with DR Nessif. He is a very caring and concerned doctor. He took time to explain everything to us for my husband's surgery. He was constantly available in the post op area checking on my husband. He's the best. Excellent bedside manner. Always ended visits with " don't hesitate to call if you have any cares or concerns. " Speaking as a retired nurse of 47 years he is in a league of his own in my book. ??
Have you seen Dr. Richard Nessif, DDS?

Visit Dr. Nessif