Dr. Richard Y. Liu, DMD

Dr. Richard Y. Liu, DMD

Dentistry | Male | 48 years old

Learn about this dentist

His philosophy is very simple- to provide the best, most comprehensive treatment at all our patients and help them achieve optimum dental health with a beautiful smile and self confidence. He is here to listen, educate and explain procedures and provide you with the most comfortable, clean quality dental care possible.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Liu's Experience

Visiting Dr. Liu

Dr. Liu accepts 4 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Liu has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Liu
Dr. Liu's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (8)
Dr. Liu Says:

Thank you for taking the time to inform the Dr. and staff of your experience. Your satisfaction is very important to our team. We strive to make sure each patient is happy, healthy and informed when in our office. Each survey helps us to grow and learn how we can improve.

in Exeter NH |
I have the kind of mouth that makes most dentists cringe, severe TMJ, ultra sensitive teeth and some nerve damage. Dr Liu has taken a real do no harm approach and is working to correct all my issues. He is very nice, on time and seems genuinely intererested in the outcome of my teeth.
in Portsmouth, NH |
I think Dr. Liu is a good dentist from a practical stand point, but he is not a caring dentist. After I saw a root canal specialist Dr. Liu recommended and had a tooth worked on, Dr. Liu was sent my records. At no point in time did he tell me I needed to come in quickly to get my tooth capped otherwise I could risk losing it. Had he bothered to do so, I'd still have my tooth today. Instead by the time I went in to get my tooth capped it had cracked and had to be removed.
I always try to do my best to be a "caring dentist" to all my patients. When there is a situation where require multiple steps treatments with other dentals specialist, I always informed patient the necessary treatments and sequences. In this case, patient was in lots of discomfort prior to root canal treatment and it appears to me now that patient did not understand the entire treatment plan. We also give patient a copy of signed consent so informations are not just verbal.
Have you seen Dr. Richard Y. Liu, DMD?

Compare Dr. Liu

Compare this Dentist
View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dr. Liu says...

Dr. Liu graduated from the University of Pennsylvania where we was awarded his Dental Degree. He completed his specialty training in Implant Prosthesis and Cosmetic Restoration at Harvard University's School of Dental Medicine. He was also appointed Research Fellow in Restorative Dentistry and awarded a Masters of Medical Science Degree from Harvard Medical School. He is currently an associate professor of prosthodontics at both the prestigious Tufts School of Dental Medicine and at Harvard Dental School. Dr. Liu accepted the first annual Dr. Charles Lambrukos award for excellence in teaching from the New Hampshire Dental Society.

Dr. Liu's Care Philosophy

Dr. Liu says...

Dr. Liu's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dentistry

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Hampshire.

• Chipped Tooth

• Other Education
    University Of California At Los Angeles

Completed in 1987

• Chinese, Mandarin

Dr. Liu does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Liu and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cosmetic Dentistry

• Teeth Whitening
  • Ultrasonic Dental Cleaning
  • Upper Dentures

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.