Dr. Richard Johns, DDS

Dr. Richard Johns, DDS

Dentistry  ·
Male

Dr. Richard Johns, DDS is a dentistry practitioner in Highland, IN and has been practicing for 32 years. He practices dentistry.Read his story

Rick Johns Dental

8730 Indianapolis Blvd

Highland, IN 46322

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Johns

Video

Dr. Johns' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Johns "I became a dentist due to the influence and dedicated example of my dad, who was a dentist in the Calumet region for 50 years. I have been practicing dentistry for 27 years, and the ability to change someone’s life through quality dental care is very exciting to me, whether I am providing routine care, cosmetic correction, or working with an apprehensive patient. I am passionate about providing the best possible care in a timely, affordable, and compassionate manner. I have always discussed treatments with my patients and tried to present them with the best options available, based only on the patient’s unique needs. I have never, and will never, dictate a treatment to a patient; rather, I give my patients the information they need to make decisions based on what’s right for them and then support them along that treatment path. My patients are always my focus. I see people from all walks of life and it is truly enriching for me to learn from and care for each and every one of them. My profession allows me a unique opportunity to spend time with a variety of fascinating people, each with a story to tell and lessons to share, which are an unexpected blessing of my career choice. Education and Continuing Education Bachelor degree, Indiana University, Bloomington Doctorate of Dental Surgery, Indiana University Dental School In addition to the education I received for my formal degrees, I continually expand my knowledge of developing technologies, and new treatment processes and therapies, through participation in the Dental Study Club of Northwest Indiana and the Seattle Study Club. I also attend lectures, seminars, hands-on teaching demonstrations, and conferences throughout the year. By keeping abreast of changes in dentistry, I am able to improve the care I provide to my patients. Professional Affiliations American Dental Association Indiana Dental Association Northwest Indiana Dental Society Chicago Dental Society Personal Life I am a life-long resident of Munster, IN, except for my college and graduate school years. My family is comprised of my wife Jennifer, daughters Hailey and Genevieve, our dog Holly, and our pony Ivy. Personally, I am most passionate about my family and our shared time together. All three have recently joined me at our office and I love having the opportunity to spend my days with them. However, I also enjoy a few rounds of golf, working in our yard, and following the various activities of the Indiana University sports teams, too. I believe in contributing to our community, including our public school system, the South Shore Arts Association, and Ridge United Methodist Church. I also coached AAU basketball for 10 years. Additionally, my practice supports various organizations and teams that our patients are involved with. Being and feeling a part of this community is one of the greatest blessings of my decision to live, practice, and raise a family here. "

Patient Testimonials

This content was provided by Dr. Johns "Dr. Rick Johns has been our dentist and friend since we moved here ten years ago. He and his staff treat you like family. He will give you an honest opinion & never suggest unnecessary work or treatments. He is knowledgeable, professional, and simply wonderful with children also. - Connie & Jef"

"At Rick Johns Dental, we have provided the best, most up-to-date family, cosmetic and implant dental care available, in a comfortable, reassuring, and timely manner for over 27 years. We know that by combining the latest technologies and treatment processes with gentle, compassionate care that emphasizes the human connection, we best serve our patients. We are a friendly, family-oriented dental practice that believes strongly in developing life-long relationships with our patients. We emphasize open communication between those we treat and our team: we are here to help you, and are always available to listen and respond to your questions or concerns."

1  Practice Areas

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• Indiana University School Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1986

Dr. Johns has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Johns has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Johns does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Johns and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Johns' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Johns to family and friends
155 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Johns' Performance

I've known Dr Johns for many years. Not only is he from a legacy of dentists in his family, but he is the ultimate care provider. He is very committed to his profession and shows his true compassion and care for his patients. I highly recommend his practice for family dentistry.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0