Dr. Richard Faber, DDS

Dr. Richard Faber, DDS

Orthodontics  ·
Dr. Richard Faber, DDS is an orthodontics practitioner in Melville, NY. He graduated from University of Maryland and practices orthodontics.Read his story

425 Broadhollow Rd Ste 125

Melville, NY 11747

• Health First Health Plans
  • HealthFirst

Learn about Dr. Faber

Dr. Faber's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Faber "After almost 40 years in the profession, I am happier than ever to have joined the orthodontic field. Over the years I have had the privilege of caring for so many incredible people, each with their own dreams of a healthy, beautiful smile, and each with unique clinical needs. I’ve been able to use my skills and knowledge to develop individual treatment approaches to each person’s specific orthodontic requirements, which has resulted in amazing smiles that truly improve their life. Along the way, I’ve established and nurtured wonderful relationships with my patients and their families, and am honored to be a part of their lives. Education and Continuing Education Bachelor’s degree, electrical engineering – The Ohio State University Master’s degree, computer science – Johns Hopkins University Doctorate of Dental Surgery – Baltimore College of Dental Surgery at the University of Maryland Orthodontic residency and certificate in orthodontics – University of Connecticut I’m a firm believer that every professional, no matter what specialty, needs to stay abreast of developments in the field. This is especially true in orthodontics, where there are constant changes in technology and treatment methodologies. Teaching and directing the advanced education program at the School of Dental Medicine at Stony Brook University has allowed me to be on the forefront of the newest advances in the field of orthodontics. This has translated into our practice being current on the newest techniques and trends in orthodontics. Professional Affiliations Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics American Association of Orthodontists Edward H. Angle Society, North Atlantic Component (past president) In the Orthodontic Community In addition to pursuing continuing education, I was an integral member of the faculty that created the Advanced Education Program in Orthodontics at the School of Dental Medicine at Stony Brook University, and am now the program director. I have also taught orthodontics, growth and development, biomechanics, interdisciplinary care, and orthognathic surgery to dental students and oral surgery residents at both Stony Brook and North Shore Long Island Jewish Medical Center since 1975. I am a founding member of the cleft palate team at Stony Brook University Hospital, and I am director of the craniofacial deformities team at the School of Dental Medicine. In addition, I co-direct a team with the Department of Periodontics, which reviews treatment plans of patients with complicated, multidisciplinary dental problems. Personal Life My wife Judy and I have traveled around the world and love to share stories of our adventures. Our travels and family are documented on the screen savers in the office. Our oldest son, Dr. Zack Faber, joined the practice in 2001. His wife Brooke is an MBA and currently a stay-at-home mom who is very active in the community. Josh, our younger son, is a lobbyist in Washington, D.C. His wife Joanne is the in-house counsel and an attorney at the Carlyle Group in Washington, D.C. Having two of my grandchildren, Austin and Grant, nearby is wonderful, and I spend as much time with them as I can. Our newest family addition is Sam, who is on the Washington side of the family. We are thankful for technology as we FaceTime Sam many times a week."

This content was provided by Dr. Faber "At Faber Orthodontics we treat every patient like they are a member of our own family. We want to make our patients smile; so we spend time getting to know each individual patient and establishing a long-term relationship with the patient and their family."

1  Practice Areas

• Orthodontics

• Crooked Teeth
  • Crossbite
  • Dental Crowding
  • Dental Spacing
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Misaligned Teeth

• Spacers for Braces
  • Springs for Braces
  • Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Recording
  • Two-Phase Orthodontic Treatment

No malpractice history found for New York.

• University of Maryland
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Faber has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Faber has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Faber does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Faber and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Faber's Reviews