Dr. Reed Ference, DDS

Dr. Reed Ference, DDS

Periodontics | Male

Dr. Reed Ference is a Periodontist serving the Albany area for more than 25 years. Dr. Ference performed implant surgery for over 25 years, with over 5000 implants placed! He is also experienced in Gum Grafting, Bite Adjustment, Osseous Surgery and LANAP™ Laser Periodontal Procedures. Dr. Ference is a professional member of the American Dental Association, the American Academy of Periodontology and the Academy of Osseointegration. Dr. Ference was awarded the NIH Research Training Grant award by the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine.

Professional Associations

• American Dental Association
  • American Academy of Periodontology
  • Academy of Osseointegration

Awards & Accolades

• NIH Research Training Grant - University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine

Office Hours

• Monday - Thursday: 8am - 5pm
  • Fridays: By appointment

Forms of Payment

• For your convenience, payments may be made with cash, personal check, and bank draft, Discover, Visa, or MasterCard.
  • Financing through CareCredit available.

Insurances Accepted

• Our insurance coordinators deal with many different insurance companies. Some companies offer many different dental and medical plans. These companies can change benefits, co-pays, and deductibles many times throughout the year. We do our best to provide you with accurate coverage estimates based on information available to us. At times, it is almost impossible to accurately estimate a patient's insurance co-payment. Many insurance companies will not give out fees until after the treatment is completed. Dealing with these companies can be difficult and time consuming.
  • As a courtesy, we ask that you keep us informed of any change to your insurance. It is important that all information about you and your insurance is current.
  • Although we will gladly file a claim on your behalf, you may wish to submit the claim yourself. In general, insurers process claims filed directly by patients faster than those filed by the service providers (dental offices).
  • Further, most dental insurance policies are limited and often only pay for a portion of the procedure(s) that may need to be done.

Learn about this dentist

Dr. Ference's Experience

Visiting Dr. Ference

Dr. Ference's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ference to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Ference's Performance
in Latham,NY |
it was a wonderful experience. Everyone in the office was friendly, pleasant, and professional.
Latham, NY |
He and his office did a wonderful job, both on my dental implants a few years ago, and pulling my son's wisdom teeth. The office is very clean and welcoming. Exam rooms are open, and state of the art. Told my primary dentist that he is great, and that I would strongly recommend him. Explained what he needed to do, how long it would take, and performed the procedure in less time than expected.
in Albany, NY |
When I needed to have a tooth extracted, followed by a bone graft and ultimately a tooth implant, my dentist referred me to Dr. Ference. I was very impressed with the professionalism, the patience and concern, the level of expertise, and the welcoming demeanor I experienced by not only Dr. Ference himself, but also the entire staff in his practice. Everyone is so warm, calming and reassuring that it really made the treatment a very positive one for me.
in Menands, NY |
My wife and I have been Dr. Ference's patients since he purchased the practice of our previous Albany, NY Periodontist. Some 40 years and five implants later, he remains our primary dental-care advisor. His Hygienists are Five Star professionals as well. We each religiously schedule cleanings with them every four months to remove pesky coffee and wine stains. For continuity, I look forward to the day his son completes his Periodontal grad work and joins the practice. PVB Menands, NY 12204
in Albany, ny |
Dr. Ference is a wonderful and experienced periodontist. He answered all of my questions, and addressed my concerns. Making an appointment was easy. Coming into the office, I was a bit on edge but the warm and friendly smiles his front staff greeted me with was comforting. I waited no more than five minutes before i was taken into the patient room. The overall experience was great. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Ference and his staff.
in Schenectady, NY |
Most horrific experience I've ever had. Worked rough & aggressively without care, concern, or caution. Instruments were knocking into my other teeth. When asked to turn towards him he didn't remove his fingers from my mouth to allow me to turn myself, but rather hooked me by my cheek with his finger & pulled my head towards him. Was left in the reclined position several times where he attended to other patients & a repair person. Pulled tooth took 1 month to recover from pain and soreness.
in East Berne, NY |
If I could give Dr. Ference 100 stars, I would. I recently had gum grafting surgery done by him, and experienced zero pain throughout the process. Recovery has been remarkable, and nothing has even bled. Huge recommends!
East Berne, NY |
Tooth extracted, implant set. Did not feel a thing.
in Albany, NY |
I was a bit apprehensive about having periodontal work done, but Dr. Ference and his staff (Eva) helped things go smoothly. I was allowed to choose the music and when it seemed that I needed to reduce my anxiety due to a gag reflex, Dr. Ference worked with me to ease my mind...the nitrous oxide was very helpful even though I had initially said I was fine without it. Anyway, about five hours later I am in minimal pain and confident in knowing that Dr. Ference did a great job. Thank you!!!
Have you seen Dr. Reed Ference, DDS?
Are you Dr. Ference?

Compare Dr. Ference

Compare this Dentist
View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dr. Ference says...

Office Hours

• Monday - Thursday: 8am - 5pm
  • Fridays: By appointment

Forms of Payment

• Financing through CareCredit available.

Insurances Accepted

• Sinus Augmentation
  • Cosmetic Periodontal Surgery
  • Oral Cancer Exam
  • Stem Cell Recovery

Dr. Ference's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Periodontics

No malpractice history found for New York.

Dr. Ference does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Ference and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Stony Brook University School Of Dental Medicine-D.D.S.

Graduated in 1984

Periodontics-University Of Connecticut School Of Dental Medicine
    Binghamton University-B.S. In Chemistry

Dr. Ference does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ference and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Periodontics

Dr. Ference does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Ference and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.