Dr. Raymond Hatland, DDS

Dr. Raymond Hatland, DDS

Holistic Dentistry  ·

Dr. Raymond Hatland, DDS is a holistic dentistry practitioner in Indianapolis, IN. He practices holistic dentistry, pediatric dentistry, and more.Read his story

Raymond Gilbert Hatland

6202 Broadway St

Indianapolis, IN 46220

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Hatland

Video

Dr. Hatland's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Hatland "After graduating from the University of Illinois School of Dentistry in the top 15% of my class, I went into a rotating internship at Ireland Army Hospital in Fort Knox, KY for one year. Here I rotated through all the specialties (such as periodontics, oral surgery, fixed and removable prosthodontics, endodontics and orthodontics) – learning from some of the top solution-oriented specialists in the country. During that year, I became the "TMJ dentist" of Fort Knox where I treated 45 patients. I wrote a thesis on the contributing causes of symptoms that make up the TMJ disorder/syndrome. Back then the understanding of the influence of the stress system and how its hormones changed the body chemistry profoundly was in its infancy. To this day, this has formed a foundational understanding of how to treat patients with TMJ or compression disorders though my way of treating has been greatly improved in effectiveness and simplicity. This one-year internship prepared me for my next three years in the army where as the sole dentist at 7th Field Hospital in Tokyo Japan I performed any needed specialty procedures. My professional experience in the Army is where I got really excited about all the phases of dentistry. My skills were developed along with my understanding of patient needs. This allowed me to create integrated treatments because I understood specialized dentistry and what could be done. After my Army experience, I have taken over several thousand hours of specialized courses in all the specialties of dentistry. My alternative dentistry education has increased my appreciation of the importance of the energy system in the body to maintain health. Oral habits and diseases in the mouth can suppress the flow of energy into the organs and muscles. Thus affecting the health of the entire body. My practice is full-service, holistic and quality oriented so I can help most patients with complex dental or health related problems without having to refer them to specialists. This saves money and time for my patients."

This content was provided by Dr. Hatland "We care about people . . . not just teeth. I practice holistic dentistry. For me, it is doing individually appropriate high-quality, biologically compatible, safe and life energy enhancing dentistry. I also have great consideration for the emotional and spiritual needs of each patient. I personally do this in the gentlest and kindest way possible with a little humor and friendliness. I use many alternative techniques to help my patients be in a non-stressed and calm state of mind. My personal approach to holistic dentistry benefits patients' health on many levels. My staff and I at our Chicago, IL and Indianapolis, IN offices are happy to provide the best of  care to every patient we treat. "

16  Practice Areas

• Orthodontics
  • Pediatric Dentistry
  • Periodontics
  • Reconstructive Dentistry

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• University of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign
  • Fastbraces Institute
    Other Education | Completed

• Strathmore’s Who’s Who Professional of the Year, 2012
  • Dentist of the Year, Consumer Business Review, 2003-2005

Dr. Hatland has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hatland does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hatland and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Schedule Online Now

Dr. Hatland's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hatland

Dr. Hatland?
Dr. Hatland's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Raymond Hatland, DDS
RecentHighestLowest
I really enjoy Dr. Hatland. It's like coming to a family meeting. Staff is Amazing!!!
Tiffany R. – Aug 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Hatland, DDS?
excellent, personable wonderful dentist, and staff
Kathy M. – Aug 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Hatland, DDS?
Took a long time listening to my concerns and addressed them calmly ... very relaxing visit. Thorough cleaning and knowledge of gum issues. Highly recommend.
G M. – Aug 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Hatland, DDS?
Dr. Hatland, is a fantastic Dentist who listens carefully and sets his expectations for you with clear instructions and has you practice there to make sure you are doing it right before you leave
Aug 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Raymond Hatland, DDS?
I may be Ray's longest running patient, since I first started seeing him when he was beginning a practice in Beech Grove in the 1970's. I have been his patient ever since then because Ray is not only a proficient, visionary dentist, but a wise, gregarious, caring man who is ever ready to make...Read More
Aug 07, 2018
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Hatland?