Dr. Rabie Shanti, MD

Head & Neck Surgical Oncology ·  Male · Age 39

Dr. Shanti

Perelman Center Advanced Medical

3400 Civic Center Blvd Fl 4th Philadelphia, PA 19104

Dr. Rabie Shanti, MD is a head & neck surgical oncology specialist in Philadelphia, PA and has been practicing for 3 years. He graduated from Harvard School of Dental Medicine in 2008 and practices head & neck surgical oncology, oral & maxillofacial surgery, and more.

Dr. Shanti accepts

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Shanti's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Shanti's Top Procedures and Conditions

Head and Neck Cancer

Dr. Shanti treats Head and Neck Cancer more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Shanti treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Oral Cancer

Dr. Shanti treats Oral Cancer more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Shanti treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Cancer of Floor of Mouth

• Cancer Surgery, Robotic-Assisted
  • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Dentofacial Anomalies
  • Osteosarcoma
  • Pancytopenia
  • Pleural Cancer
  • Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Reticulosarcoma
  • Snoring
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma of Head and Neck
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Thrombocytosis

Louisiana State University Health Shreveport / School of Medicine
2014
The University Hospital-New Jersey Medical School
2011
New Jersey Medical School (UMDNJ)
2008

Dr. Shanti?
Dr. Shanti's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Rabie Shanti, MD
RecentMost Helpful
If you need and want the best call Dr Shanti’s office. I had an issue every doctor I saw said “wow, I’ve never seen it.” Went to Dr Shanti and he said- I’ve seen it and I can fix it. From the moment I met him I knew he was the doctor to perform the operation. He is hands on. He sent me home with a list of pre-op exams and tests. He called me after scheduling the surgery. He was clearly prepped and ready about how he wanted to proceed at surgery when we met before anesthesia. If you follow his plan to the letter pre-op and post-op you will have the best chance ever for the recovery and results he feels is possible. I can not recommend any doctor more. He is not only a wonderful doctor but in addition he cares and it is not fake. I found both his Penna Hospital staff and UofPenn staff to be knowledgeable, professional, caring and responsive. He leads a very good team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rabie Shanti, MD?
Dr. Shanti, was recommended to me from my previous oral surgeon after my condition was beyond his expertise. From my first visit I felt complete assurances that my case was in the best of hands. Not only was Dr. Shanti there for me but also kept my family in the loop. His care was very professional and I cannot thank him enough for his skills in treating my case.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rabie Shanti, MD?
The best that any patient could possibly have in my eyes is the best i ever experienced as a Doctor very efficient and great communicator
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rabie Shanti, MD?
Dr Shanti is and has been by far, the best doctor I have ever known. From my initial diagnosis, through all my treatments, he was always there for me...to answer questions , ease my concerns, or just help me understand my treatment. Dr Shanti is definitely dedicated, caring and goes above and beyond for his patients. I honestly don’t know where I would be without him as my doctor. Thank you Dr Shanti!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rabie Shanti, MD?
Dr. Shanti is a very caring professional. His knowledge and confidence are very reassuring when going through medical care under him. My experience was endurable knowing I was in the best care possible. So glad I found the right person to treat me. Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rabie Shanti, MD?
I had the opportunity to have Dr. Shanti be my surgeon based on a recommendation from my previous surgeon who dealt with my initial head and cancer care. Due to my surgeon in my area moving and then further complications that led to severe necrosis of my jaw, he recommended Dr. Shanti. From the beginning, my wife and I have felt that Dr. Shanti has kept my best interest (as it relates to my health care) as a first priority. The care we I have received before during and after has been great.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rabie Shanti, MD?
My cancer team of Oncologists made sure that my cancer qas evicted from my body. My surgical team including Dr Shanti physically removed the visible cancer from my body and most importantly they ensured that I had a quality of life post cancer treatments. Dr Shanti is still trying to tweak things to make them better. I was satisified with everyrhing when they said the cancer was gone. Dr Shanti was not done though. He wanted more. I could not be happier on so many levels
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rabie Shanti, MD?
Absolutely! Certainly, well worth the wait!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rabie Shanti, MD?
Dr. Shanti has been both mine and my husband’s surgeon. He is one of the kindest and nicest people to have entered both of our lives not only in the medical field but in all aspects of life. As far as a surgeon he is First Class My husbands had cancer of the tongue removed. Our family dentist remarked on the fabulous outcome and the range of motion my husband had compared to another patient who had a similar operation.. We both experienced very extremely minimal pain. AMAZING DOC and PERSON
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rabie Shanti, MD?
Dr. Shanti is an excellent clinician and person. I couldn't be in better hands. Thank you very much I really appreciate your care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rabie Shanti, MD?
Very good doctor. Concerned about you. Talks in terms that you can understand. Very reassuring. Never seemed rushed. Returned phone calls.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rabie Shanti, MD?
Dr. Shanti is an excellent physician. I have found him to be knowledgeable, compassionate, personable, and a good communicator. He is proactive in keeping his patients healthy. I have full confidence in his judgement and am glad to have him on and by my side.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rabie Shanti, MD?
Dr. Shanti's bedside manor is by far the best I have ever experienced. The doctor is very personable, informative and truly cares. Including issues that had nothing to do with my reason for my surgery. The doctor's professionalism obviously his reflected with his staff and associates.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rabie Shanti, MD?
Dr Shanti was a very kind and caring doctor. He took as much time as needed for all my questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rabie Shanti, MD?
A couple of months ago my dad had surgery to help alleviate his tongue cancer and Dr. Shanti was the man with the plan. Not only did Dr. Shanti's surgery on my father go quicker than expected, but so far the results have been great and my dad's cancer remains in remission. Dr. Shanti has been very helpful in keeping me abreast of my dad's status, particularly since I live far away from him and has been responsive to any questions I've had.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rabie Shanti, MD?
Dr. Shanti is an outstanding doctor. He demonstrates respect and empathy for his patients, listening to their concerns and offering understandable options. He is a skilled doctor with a great knowledge of his field. I felt completely confident in his judgment and his abilities and would not hesitate to return to his care. In addition, his overall practice is very well run in terms of communications and waiting time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rabie Shanti, MD?
Dr. Shanti and his resident staff were wonderful in dealing with us after my son was hit by a car. They were very helpful in ensuring that we understood his condition, his treatment options and also asked about how he was feeling and managing his injuries, even months later. Would definitely recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rabie Shanti, MD?
Over the years I have had medical treatment and surgeries at military hospitals to include Walter Reed, VA facilities and civilian hospitals such as Hershey Medical Center. Without a doubt Dr. Shanti is one of the finest physicians I have had the opportunity to see as a patient. I have never had a doctor take such personal interest in my care. He is the most Professional, Caring and Concerned physician I have ever had. He is truly one of the Best of the Best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rabie Shanti, MD?
My husband and I met Dr. Shanti during some very trying times. He put us at ease and spoke to us about the procedure and recovery in a language we could understand, listened to our concerns, and spent as much time at our appointments that was needed. Due to heart issues that complicated his healing process we spent several visits in the ER, and each time Dr. Shanti was available. He adjusted his course of action as warranted with these complications. I would recommend him highly!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Rabie Shanti, MD?
My experience with Dr. Shanti and his staff was perfect. He is very personable and put me at ease immediately. I was a bit afraid because I never had oral surgery. Dr. Shanti promised me that he would take care of me and wouldn't let anything bad happen. Which is exactly what happened. Sincerely, Antoinette Baird
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Shanti?