Dr. Peter Drews, DDS

Dentistry | Male

Dr. Peter Drews, DDS
I am a Michigan native and obtained an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering from Michigan State University (which has actually proven to be very relevant as a dentist). I worked in the automotive industry for four years, before going on to obtain a Doctoral degree in Dentistry from the University of Michigan (go Wolverines!). I served as an officer in the United States Navy and was stationed in Chicago, San Diego and Bahrain, in addition to doing a "cruise" as 'Dental Doc' on the U.S.S. Rushmore from Hawaii, Australia, Singapore and Iraq. I always planned to own my own business, so upon leaving the Navy in 2008 I purchased Dr. Bizier's practice. I am a Master of the Academy of General Dentistry, past president of the Androscoggin Valley Dental Society, and currently serve as the President of the Maine Dental Association.

Learn about this dentist

Dr. Drews' Care Philosophy

We pride ourselves in treating every person and their mouth as an individual. Our primary focus with any type of dental work is on creating a stable, functional, and disease-free mouth, that is both healthy and smile worthy.

Dr. Drews' Experience

Visiting Dr. Drews

Dr. Drews accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Drews is now accepting new patients
Drews Dental Services, P.C.471 Sabattus St
Lewiston, ME 04240
(207) 782-5308Get Directions

Dr. Drews' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Drews to family and friends
Dr. Drews' Performance
I contacted Dr. Drews after getting a scary diagnosis from another dentist on a tooth that had cracked due to an amalgam filling that I'd received as a child. The other dentist said that pulling the tooth and doing a dental implant was the only option. Dr. Drews gave me several options, and together we decided on the most effective, painless, and cost-effective option. It's great to see that there are still some dentists out there who value patient welfare over profits.
in Lewiston, ME |
Myself and my wife have been going to Drews Dentistry for years and we are totally satisfied with the service that Dr.Drews and his staff provide and would strongly recommend them to anyone!
in Turner |
My experience at Dr. Drews was phenomenal. I am one that does not particularly like going to the dentist. Dr. Drews and staff are kind, friendly and professional. They make going to the dentist a breeze. This is the first dental office that I feel completely at ease. Thanks Dr. Drews and Staff!
in Sabattus, ME |
I had a front tooth knocked out and another chipped in a bike accident when I was a kid. It was a traumatic experience. The dentist at the time patched me up. As I grew into an adult it didn't seem to fit right and my tooth discolored. Dr. Drews helped me see the benefit in fixing my teeth. We talked about everything that was going to happen until I was satisfied with the info and the cost. The results are amazing, I was able to smile confidently again. Thank you Dr. Drews!
in Sabattus, ME |
I have been seeing Dr. Drews for over 4 years. I find he and his staff to be very attentive to my needs as a patient. The Hygienists are very professional and take pride in providing quality preventative care. He went out of his way to make time available. I had a root canal and years later 6 veneers done. He showed me everything, Xrays, camera and screen, explaining in detail making it easy to understand. I knew going in what to expect and what the costs would be. He makes it easy!
in Sabattus, ME |
Dr. Drews has been a God send for me and my family. My teeth are reasonably good and his staff is great for cleanings and preventive care. I was amazed at first at how modern the equipment was and the technology that was used. First time I was ever shown the shape my teeth were in on TV screen. When one of my past fillings came loose, I could see exactly what was wrong as he was able to point it out right there. The work was done quickly, painlessly and professionally. Recommed Highly
in Lewiston, ME |
Dr. Drews is an excellent dentist. He truly cares about his patients and will do anything for them. He put me at ease when I had to have a root canal and during a recent visit, he used his new pain free injecting system. It was the best experience I have ever had for a Novocain shot! He always throughly explains the treatment process and I would highly recommend him or his office to my family and friends!!
in Harpswell, Maine |
Dr. Drews and his staff are friendly and approachable, which is important to me when it comes to dental work (not my favorite thing). I have complete confidence with the work being recommended and completed by Dr. Drews and almost look forward to my twice a year visits to the office.
Winthrop, ME |
I have been terrified of going to the dentist since I was young, but Dr. Drews changed all that for me. He not only made me feel comfortable, talked me through everything that he was doing, but made me want to change my lifestyle and start taking care of my teeth. He is an excellent dentist. And his staff is awesome. I would recommend him to everyone I know!!
in Auburn, Maine |
Unfortunately he sucked when I saw him. I had 12 cavities that hadn't been taken care of for years because I had no insurance. So I finally got insurance and a credit card and saw Dr Drew. Yeah, seemed nice, he took care of 4 teeth it took him 3 visits and then on the last visit he said So your mouth looks pretty good, your cavity free. Wouldn't set up another appointment and turned me away. Now a year later the fillings he put I have cavities around them and all the others are at the point of
Have you seen Dr. Peter Drews, DDS?
Are you Dr. Drews?

Compare Dr. Drews

Compare this Dentist
View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dr. Drews' Care Philosophy

Dr. Drews says...

We are a general dental practice with a focus on preventive and restorative dentistry. Additional training has been taken to treat issues relating to malocclusion (bite issues), as well as invisible braces and implant dentistry. We have Cone Beam technology to ensure implants accuracy and precision during placement of implants. Our office also has a licensed denturist so that we are able to offer removable dental prostheses for our patients.

Dr. Drews says...

We offer a full range of dental services, including preventative dentistry, restorative dentistry, endodontics, orthodontics, implants, dentures, cosmetic dentistry, and oral surgery.

Dr. Drews' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dentistry
  •  Malpractice claims in Maine not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maine.

• Chipped Tooth

Great Lakes Naval Hosp

Completed in 2005

Michigan State University

Graduated in 1997

Dr. Drews does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Drews and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cosmetic Dentistry