Dr. Paul C. Lopez, DDS

Dr. Paul C. Lopez, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery | Male

32 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Learn about this dentist

Dr. Lopez is the proud father of four—Maya, Elia, Coralie, and Lennox—and his wife, Katie, originally hails from Michigan. When it came time to select a school to complete his dental and medical training, he knew that the University of Michigan was the perfect choice for his family and his education. Dr. Lopez comes to our practice with a wealth of knowledge gained throughout his training. While studying at Michigan, he was presented with several awards including the Ida Gray Award which is given to a member of the dental school community who has contributed to creating a multicultural climate of care, acceptance, and welcome. He also earned the Chalmers J. Lyons Academy Award in Excellence in Oral Surgery. In addition, he has received specialty training in dentoalveolar reconstruction and corrective jaw surgery and received three consecutive U of M Medical School Bronze Beeper Awards – presented to resident physicians who exemplify the high standards of medical student education, leadership, and patient care.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Lopez's Experience

Visiting Dr. Lopez

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Lopez has admitting privileges.

Dr. Lopez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lopez to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Lopez
Dr. Lopez's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (30)
in Ann Arbor, MI |
Dr Lopez was compassionate, thorough, and made an unpleasant experience a piece of cake. I would definetly recommend Dr. Lopez- he is a fantastic oral surgeon!
We're so glad that you had a great experience and enjoyed working with our staff. Thank you for choosing us!
in Northville, Mi |
Knowledgeable and friendly. Dr. Lopez takes time to explain procedure and make the patient feel comfortable. Staff is helpful and professional.
Thank you for recommending our practice. We appreciate you sharing your great experience. Please tell your friends and family!
in Canton, MI |
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Lopez. My first visit was a consultation for implants. It was appreciated that I received a written cost for services. The following visit, I had extraction and 3 implants. He was very carrying and gentle. I had no problems with the surgery. Two weeks later I had stitches removed and an appointment made for testing of the implants. I would recommend Him to anyone.
Your kind words have made our day! Thank you for being such a wonderful patient, Karen.
in Plymouth, MI |
Dr. Looez was fantastic! I really appreciate how he was able to handle this very afraid grown adult! He gave me excellent care.
Our pleasure! Glad to hear you had a 5-star experience. If you need anything in the future, we'd be happy to assist.
in Chelsea mi 48118 |
Dr. Lopez was incredible. He made me feel comfortable and at ease at my consultation appt. I scheduled my appt to have 7 teeth extracted, eek! He was was so professional yet a little humorous, which helped me immensely. My experience was a total breeze. No pain, swelling or bruising. Couldn't have gone any smoother!
Thank you for the 5-star review, Laurie! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Thank you for choosing us.
Canton, MI |
My 12 yo daughter had to have 4 teeth pulled and she was very anxious about it. Dr. Lopez helped her to relax, answered all of her questions and treated her with respect. He is funny and kind. We highly recommend him!
Thank you for the wonderful review. We strive to give our patients the best possible outcome and we are happy that you had such a great experience.
in Novi, MI |
I have major things going on with my mouth and Dr. Lopez has made me feel very comfortable and at ease. After seeing Dr. Lopez a couple times, it was a relief to know I could transition to him after Dr. Hitchcock retired. I live in Novi and I could find somebody closer, you know? Dr. Lopez has a good chair-side manor, a great way of explaining things, and I never feel rushed. This is very important to me, especially when I know I have many more appts. towards more beautiful teeth!
Thank you for the wonderful review. We strive to give our patients the best possible outcome and we are happy that you had such a great experience, Sallie.
in Canton, MI |
Dr. Lopez and staff are terrific! As with any trip to an oral surgen, I was anxious to say the least. From the first consult with Dr. Lopez he put my mind at ease, throughly explained the procedures and gave me complete cost breakdown ahead of time for my review. The surgery was quick, painless and recovery amazingly easy. I needed a tooth extracted and an implant started on another tooth. Cannot say enough great things about Dr.Lopez. He's awesome!
Thank you for recommending our practice, John. We appreciate you sharing your great experience. Please tell your friends and family!
in Adrian, MI |
Our 8 year old son had 6 teeth removed for crowding issues and pain associated with crowding. Dr. Lopez understood our son's personality and made a recommendation after consulting with us that he felt he could talk our child through the process without fear and tears and sure enough...not a tear was shed! I would recommend him for working with children, we had a great experience.
Northville, MI |
Dr Lopez was awesome! His bedside manner is outstanding! So thorough in his explanations of what is going on. I highly recommend Dr. Lopez! And the staff are super as well!
in Milan, MI |
Good about testing after he get numbing with Novocaine. Since there was still some pain he gave a little bit more Novacane until he could work with me comfortably.
Ann Arbor, MI |
Friendly, informal bedside manner. Communicates well and explains procedure.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
Kind, professional, calm, funny. Treats patient as an equal.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
Dr. Lopez performed very well during an extraction of an infected tooth. He explained fully what the process would feel like and (afterward) what to expect in the future. His manner was professional in all ways and based on my healing during the last few weeks he did an admirable job. I am confident he will continue to safeguard my health at the next stage of tending to problems requiring attention.
in Tecumseh, MI |
My daughter really liked him, he explained everything well. She said the whole procedure was easier than she thought it would be. Thanks Dr. Lopez and staff!
in Brownstown, MI |
my first time there. overall happy with the whole procedure
in Ann Arbor, MI |
Dr. Lopez and the staff were very efficient, supportive, and responsive to questions. Dr. Lopez provided a clear explanation of the procedure and answered all of my questions directly and competently. The procedure went as described and was much less complecated and uncomfortable than I anticipated. The instructions for follow-up were clear and contributed to the post procedure period being uneventful and not as uncomfortable as I anticipated.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
wonderful office and staff...no worries with Dr. Lopez! He was great.
in Canton, MI |
Extremely personable and professional, Dr. Lopez presented me with a variety of treatment options along with the +/- of each then let me decide on a path forward. The office sent me a treatment plan including times and costs to help me make the decisions. I was very pleased with my experience and will see him again for future treatments.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
I highly recommend Dr. Lopez and his team. My daughter had six teeth extraction in the same procedure, and she was a little nervous. Dr. Lopez and his team help to ease her anxiety and worries. He excels in his job and patient care.
in Willis, MI |
Dr. Lopez put me at ease and was so nice. He went over everything and made sure I was doing ok.
in 14356 N.Territorial, Chelsea M. 48119 |
Found Dr. Lopez to be very professional, and explain every step during my tooth extraction. I found his personality double plus.
in Ann Arbor, MI |
Dr. Lopez has a great manner with patients. He explained everything in detail and made me feel at ease. He made an unpleasant procedure a good experience.
Have you seen Dr. Paul C. Lopez, DDS?

Compare Dr. Lopez

Compare this Dentist
View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dr. Lopez says...

Dr. Paul C. Lopez joined Michigan Oral Surgeons in 2014 after completing his residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Michigan Health System. Dr. Lopez originally hails from New York State. He was born in Manhattan and grew up in Yonkers. As an undergraduate, he studied at the University of Connecticut earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Physiology and Neurobiology. He gained his first interest in dentistry while working at a neuro-rehabilitation facility. He fell in love with the complexity of restoring both function and aesthetics to the mouth and face. He decided to pursue oral and maxillofacial surgery because he enjoyed the challenge presented by this broad subspecialty and the transformational results that can be achieved.

Dr. Lopez's Care Philosophy

Dr. Lopez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Facial Fracture