Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Dr. Michael Zachar, DDS
Dr. Michael Zachar, DDS is a dentist who practices in Iowa City, IA. He is 36 years old and has been practicing for 10 years. Dr. Zachar is affiliated with Mercy Iowa City.

2814 Northgate Dr

• Oral Surgical Procedures
  • Orthognathic Surgery
  • Simple Tooth Extractions
  • Teeth Extraction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Iowa.

• Loras College
  • Wilford Hall Medical Center Usaf 59th Medical Wing
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Advanced Education In General Dentistry, Sheppard Afb
    Other Education | Completed 2008

Dr. Zachar has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Zachar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zachar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Zachar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zachar to family and friends
Dr. Zachar's Performance
in Colorado Springs, CO |
On 9 January 2017, Dr. Michael Zachar performed excellently in lifting my sinus, grafting bone, and preparing my jawbone for my first greatly-needed implant. Four months later on 3 May 2017, he inspected his work, which was fine, and installed the implant metal post into my jawbone. In June 2017, a crown will be installed allowing me to resume chewing with my right teeth. He operated on me at the USAF Academy Medical Clinic (formerly called the Hospital). Excellent surgeon. James R. Walton
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I highly recommend Dr. Michael Zachar for your Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. I am a patient of his and the treatment was nothing but outstanding. He provided thorough care and provided briefing every step of his procedure during the treatment. Takes pride of his work making sure the patient receives the best care and the treatment painless. If you are a new patient and searching for a trusted surgery dentistry, you have found him. One of the most outstanding in the profession! Thank you
in colorado springs, co |
The care was beyond excellent! Everyone made me feel like I was the most important patient of the day! Thank you all!
in Denver co |
Dr Zachar and his team have provided the best care. Dental work is normally stressful; but I have full trust in his ability- which makes it easier. The atmosphere is always friendly and they go out of their way to help with any situation that may arise.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Zachar is a phenomenal surgeon. He performed a BSSO and genioplasty on me. He always listened and thoroughly answered all of my questions and put me at ease. He was absolutely professional through this entire process, and my results are truly amazing. I am so pleased with my results and would recommend Dr. Zachar to anyone needing oral/ maxillofacial surgery.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Extremely professional and well executed care. He did a wonderful job on a scar revision surgery, which required reopening a facial laceration and restitching. It was effortless, painless, and delightfully quick.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Zachar was very throughal and informative about the procedure and treatment being done. He was very caring and put our son at ease by explaining the process of removing his wisdom teeth.
in Colorado Springs |
The day of my car accident Dr. Zachar was able to get me in and repair the damage to my teeth and upper jaw. I cannot believe how great it looks and the process was quick and stress free.
in Edwards, CO |
Great experience!!! Wouldn't go with anyone else!!
in Pueblo, CO |
Dr. Zachar has gentle hands. The experience was great!! He Knows his profession and he answered every question I had in terms that I understood.
in Colorado Springs, co |
I had orthognathic surgery by Dr. Zachar and his amazing staff. I felt like I was in good hands from the very first appointment. I hope Dr .Zachar doesn't leave Colorado because we need doctors like him. !
in Colorado Springs,co |
I went to two Oral surgeons before I actually felt like I got treated like a patients vs a person in a Mill. Dr . Zachar was great and is very approachable
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Zachar is a first rate maxillofacial surgeon! I was referred to him for a tooth extraction and an implant. He and his team were extraordinary in walking us through the six month process. He is courteous and extremely knowledgeable and capable. I have referred others to him!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Excellent doc, let me know exactly what he was doing and what might lie ahead. Very professional and knowledgeable, Best extraction/biopsy I could expect.
in Colorado Springs,CO |
I was so nervous to get my wisdom teeth out. In the short time at the office I felt like Dr .Zachar and his staff make an effort to address my fears and actually find out about me. I went to another suffering office and he didn't care to know anything about me. I felt like I was just a product in a line. He is a good doctor
in Colorado Springs,co |
Dr . Zachar's knowledge base on orthognathic surgery. He was very realistic with us regarding my Expectations. During and after the surgery I felt as I was in greats hands. After my recovery what he said was going to happen and how It went was pretty much right on point. I would I strongly reccomend him!!!!
in Monument, CO |
I am really pleased with my experience at the oral surgery clinic, USAFA. Dr. Zachar was informative and efficient. At my initial appointment, he laid out a plan and clearly explained the upcoming procedure, including risks and recovery. The procedure went on and the recovery plan was as he explained. During the follow up, Dr. Zachar again clearly explained the next portion of my procedure and laid out a time frame making the appointments for me leaving me very confident. I recommend him.
in Colorado Springs, Co. 80918 |
He is very professional. Always checking on your condition while working on his procedures. Treats your spouse like they are part of his his team, advising and explaining his procedures as he feels necessary as he does his job. Acts like a normal and every day person, not showing and coming across like most officers and and dr's do. Therefore, my experience with Dr Zachar has been nothing but great.He is one of the best Dentist that I have ever been to.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I had my four wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Zachar. Dr. Zachat and his assistant were very nice and professional. When we first met, he explained the detail and completely removed my concern about the surgery. In the process, he was gentle and I felt no pain. After the surgery, the assistant told me everything I need to do. In the evening, Dr. Zachar called me to ask me how I was doing that made me feel good. I’d like to say, the whole experience was good and I strongly recommend Dr. Zachar.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Zachar has explained everything very, very well. He has taken out my daughters wisdom teeth and I had implants placed. We are both very happy and continue to recommend him to our friends
in Colorado Spgs, CO |
I have been EXCEPTIONALLY PLEASED with Dr. Zachar's services. He has been very caring, consistent, professional & thorough. What a refreshing experience. I would refer ANYONE to him in a heart beat.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I was so nervous to get the treatment I needed. I went to another surgeon and felt very dismissed. I had a consult with Dr. Zachar and felt very at ease with his personality and confidence level. I am very happy I sought a second opinion.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I was very happy with Dr. Zachar and His staff. I felt like everything I asked was ans. I felt Dr. Zachar was honest with my treatment and really wanted what was the best treatment for me.. I am extremely happy with my dental implants and would highly recommend Dr. Zachar. Thanks again. Matt
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Zachar is most professional: he explains in detail the intended procedure and answers all questions. He basically seems to insure a bond. I was/am quite comfortable concerning the extensive work he has done and is yet to do.
in Castle Rock, CO |
Dr. Zachar was very kind, considerate, approachable, understandable, patient and did an excellent job on my teeth/mouth. From start to finish he did outstanding and I would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Colo Spgs, CO |
Dr. Zachar was very friendly and explained the process throughly. While prepping for the procedure, before he did anything, he told me what would happen and what it's purpose was. Overall, my experience with Dr. Zachar was phenomenal and I would recommend his services to many others.
Dr Zachar and his staff went above and beyond with my wisdom teeth surgery. They are very professional, friendly and considerate of my needs. They always make sure I know what's going on and am comfortable with the procedure. I highly recommend Dr. Zachar and his staff for my experience was amazing! The recovery was quick. I have nothing but great things to say about my experience with Dr. Zachar!
Colorado Springs, CO |
Dr. Zachar has been my surgeon for 3 years now and has shown nothing but professionalism, care, and compassion towards me. He has gone above and beyond in providing me with the best and latest care available with regards to tumor removal and the latest techniques in treatment and recovery. Dr. Zachar has been willing to meet with me with very little notice in order to make sure everything was okay. Nothing but excellent things to say about Dr. Zachar!
in Denver, CO |
Excellent treatment by both, himself and the staff. Left no questions or concerns unanswered and provided solutions and the way forward.
in Guffey, CO |
Dr. Zachar is amazing. He volunteered his services for me, the wife of a retired Air Force member, who would not have otherwise qualified for coverage due to financial hardship. He is friendly and down to earth and is excellent at what he does. I have had one major surgery and two other surgical procedures, all with outstanding results. He even works with my civilian dentist to ensure continuity of treatment. And it's an added bonus that he plays great music while doing the procedures!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
Easily the best few visits I've had to the dentist in the last 2 decades. In the process of having a tooth replaced and have experienced ZERO pain. The management of the process has been impeccable. Customer service is unmatched! In fact the implant cover came out of the tooth cavity after a month or so.. I walked in the day after and was out in less than 10 minutes all squared away. Absolutely no complaints.
in Colorado Springs, CO |
With multiple missing teeth I required bone grafting on all four sides of my mouth. Dr. Zachar and his staff have been excellent! They addressed all my concerns and I was not afraid to ask questions. I appreciate the time they took to make sure I was confident in my care. It was smooth sailing thru the surgery and my follow up care has been on point!
in Colorado Springs, CO |
I feel I am a complicated case. Missing lower teeth for 25 years, insulin dependent diabetic since 1970. I underwent bone grafts for 3 implants. Everything is healing I am doing great. So happy!
in Montgomery, AL |
I have never been treated so warmly by a provider as Dr. Zachar. I was very nervous for my procedure and he took the time to get to know me and made me very confident in his abilities. All was explained well and I have sent several of my friends to see him since my visit.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Zachar, DDS?
Are you Dr. Zachar?

Hospitals where Dr. Zachar has admitting privileges

Mercy Iowa City
500 E Market St
Iowa City, IA 52245

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.