Dr. Michael Wei, DDS

Cosmetic DentistryMaleAge 48

Dr. Michael Wei, DDS is a Cosmetic Dentistry Practitioner in New York, NY. He is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Wei to book an appointment.

Dr. Wei

Michael J. Wei, DDS, PC

425 Madison Ave Fl 20 New York, NY 10017

Dr. Wei's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Wei

Dr. Wei?
  • Appointment scheduling (93)
  • Explained conditions well (93)
  • Listened & answered questions (93)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (3)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (3)
  • Appointment was rushed (2)
I had spaces in my upper teeth, and then overcrowding in the bottom teeth. My byte was not aligned, I had teeth that were in and out, discolored teeth and to top it off I had missing teeth. Then somehow, I ended up cracking my canine tooth, and needing and extraction and bone graft. Dr. Wei saw me crying in his office about all the issues I had, and he calmed me and told me not to worry. I am so happy, and friends and family have seen my pictures and love my smile. The comments I get are WOW your dentist did an amazing job, I cannot believe he was able to fix all your problems, and the best is they are so natural. Not only did Dr. Wei use his magic, but he also takes extreme pride in his work. He does not shave your teeth down to stubs, he does minimal prep veneers and crowns, and bridges. He cares about you, your teeth, and your future dental health. His dedication to details and to his patients are why I think everyone looking for a cosmetic dentist should visit him. Trust me
Anna – Apr 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wei, DDS?
I was very nervous about my cosmetic bonding procedure. Dr. Wei was super patient and went at my pace. I am glad I didn't reschedule. He did a phenomenal job on my teeth. Highly recommend his services!
Mar 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wei, DDS?
Dr. Wei is wonderful. He is professional, extremely skilled and knowledgeable. Additionally, he takes the time to explain all issues and options as they relate to dental procedures. I trust and value his opinion. He really cares. He is deserving of any and all accolades. I cannot imagine what it must be like to maintain a practice during such a stressful time. He does it and does it in an exemplary way. His competent staff and dental assistants are always gentle and caring. It is a pleasure to submit this review. Jennifer Ritz
Jennifer Ritz – Mar 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wei, DDS?
Dr. Wei is without a doubt the finest Dentist there is. My family has been going to him for years now and he is wonderful as is his staff. He is extremely caring, knowledgeable and professional. He explains any procedure in great detail and always has time for any questions you may have. We highly recommend this outstanding dental practice. They are first-rate start to finish.
Dorothy Hurley – Mar 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wei, DDS?
Thank you so much Dr. Wei! I had darks spots among several other issues on my top teeth. Going in, I wasn’t exactly sure what I needed to fix my situation, but the idea of committing to porcelain veneers, an irreversible process, scared me. Dr. Wei could tell I was skeptical/nervous initially and took the time to listen to my concerns and continued to reassure me every step of the way. He was very confident that he could deliver a smile that is worth the investment and asked me to trust him. I’m very glad that I did. Dr. Wei and his staff made the entire process seamless. I could tell how much dedication and attention to detail he put into making the end result perfect. I left the appearance of the veneers completely up to his best judgement and wow. It’s crazy how amazing and natural my smile looks! I would definitely recommend him and am going to use him as my general dentist from now on :)
Lauren L – Feb 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wei, DDS?
I have done intensive research for a cosmetic dentist in Manhattan. Then I found Dr. Wei and I never looked back. He takes extreme pride in his work and took on my difficult case with so much confidence and skills! We were working on a complete smile makeover. This week I finally got my crowns and they look amazing! Best thing for me: He managed to keep the gap between my front teeth. That gap has always been a part of my identity and I love it. Thank you so much Dr. Wei for creating this beautiful smile for me!
Dunja – Feb 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wei, DDS?
I can't even begin to explain how happy I am with my new smile! I wanted to make sure I did my research and picked the best doctor in NYC to correct my concerns once and for all. From consultation, Dr. Michael J Wei was so friendly and professional; he took his time to answer all my questions and concerns throughout the process. He's extremely thorough and takes his time to make sure each tooth is precisely the way it should be to fit your smile and facial features. My smile is more than I could have ever wished for, and I am so happy I could have my dream smile done by Dr. Michael J Wei. He is a true artist at his work, and I would highly recommend him to anyone I know. With all the nerves that can come with a trip to the dentist and having procedures done, I always felt at ease with his expertise as well as his staff's. Thank you so much!
Valentine Tinaj – Jan 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wei, DDS?
Dr. Wei is an excellent dentist who does amazing work. He has a lot of patiences and compassion. If you have any questions and concerns, he never hesitates answering you. Whenever I walk in his dental office, there is so much warmth and compassion from his staff. Overall it’s a beautiful dental experience. If anyone is looking for dentist I recommend Dr. Wei for all your dental needs.
Amira B – Jan 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wei, DDS?
My visit was great and as usual Dr. Wei, makes every dental experience beautiful one.
Mira – Jan 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wei, DDS?
Dr. Michael J Wei is an amazing cosmetic dentist. I had been debating getting my smile fixed for several years. After doing extensive research, I decided to meet with Dr. Wei based on his background / credentials, reviews and foremost, my wife's recommendation that he is the best cosmetic dentist one could find. After meeting with Dr. Wei, I was truly impressed with how much he cares about his patients. He took the time to analyze my smile and recommended multiple options that would look best, from the shape of my teeth to their color. He is a perfectionist and wants to make sure the smile looks amazing. Now, my smile looks amazing! I am very happy with my veneers! Additionally, he fixed my bite too, which had been an issue for some time. All in all, he helped me gain so much confidence. I cannot recommend Dr. Wei highly enough and will refer my friends and family to him. Thank you Dr. Wei and team for all the fantastic work and care.
Jens R – Dec 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wei, DDS?
Dr. Wei is in the process of transforming the health and beauty of my smile. I met Dr. Wei after he fit me in for an emergency procedure when my front tooth chipped. He was able to beautifully repair my tooth and quickly diagnosis underlying issues that were causing the decline in health of my teeth and smile. He is honest, professional and is passionate about making beautiful and healthy smiles for his patients. Dr. Wei's entire team is professional and welcoming and made my experience safe, comfortable and quick! Highly recommend Dr. Wei and his team!
Stefanie Brandefine – Nov 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wei, DDS?
Dr. Wei is the best cosmetic dentist in NYC! I did months of research trying to find the right dentist to get porcelain veneers, and he is a true perfectionist with amazing attention to detail. He really thinks about what will look best for your face, from the shape of the teeth to their color. Plus, he and everyone in his office is friendly and professional, and you can tell that he is passionate about his work. I'm so happy with my veneers!! They look and feel so natural, people think they're my real teeth.
Jarry Lee – Nov 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wei, DDS?
I had teeth restoration provided by Dr. Wei 7 years ago and have been his patient for routine visit since the initial consultation. He’s excellent and the best in his field of cosmetic dentistry. The staff is very nice and the office is beautiful. I certainly recommend this office and service to everyone I know!!!!
Sep 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wei, DDS?
Dr. Wei is the best! He is always so attentive. His work is detail and meticulous. His skill is top notch and mastery. Passionate about providing care to those in need. Very easy to talk to. Understand my needs. He has been my go-to dentist ever since I moved to the area.
Han – Aug 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wei, DDS?
Dr. Michael J Wei is AMAZING! Dr. Wei has been a extremely talented professional to work with from our first encounter and I’m so lucky to have come into his care. He listens very carefully and you can see that he cares. My smile was a very challenging case and he took it on with care and professionalism and delivered AMAZING results!!! I had an asymmetry in my smile and no other dentist has been able to help me, in spite of seeing many other professionals over the years. Dr. Wei not only fixed the asymmetrical smile, he also brought my smile back to my center line giving me more facial symmetry. Dr. Wei is the best and his quality care is unlike any other. I highly recommend this caring professional. JC Hardy
JC Hardy – Aug 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wei, DDS?
I have never written a review for anyone/anything before, but after my experience with Dr. Wei was so good that I feel compelled to give him a glowing 5-star review. He is without doubt the best dentist I’ve ever had. He called me before my procedure to walk me through what he would do, was extremely thoughtful and caring, and answered all of my follow-up questions quickly and thoroughly. I will never go to another dentist again!
Tibor N. – Apr 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wei, DDS?
My mom took me to Dr. Wei because I had white spots on my teeth for as long as I remember. They were embarrassing and I didn’t feel comfortable smiling or talking in front of people. I was nervous at first because I didn’t want my teeth to look fake or for anyone to notice a change except that they looked whiter. After talking to Dr. Wei, he ran me through the process of getting minimal prep veneers and I felt more comfortable with the changes that he was suggesting with my smile. He was very patient with me and considered my view of my new smile. We worked collaboratively to make my smile natural but also enhance the way it looked. I’m so grateful for everything he has done. He worked out a payment that we could afford and was flexible with my schedule. I can’t stop smiling and showing off my teeth. No one has noticed anything except for the whiteness which is exactly what I wanted!
Mar 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wei, DDS?
Dr Wei is awesome! He really takes his time to explain everything to you and make sure everything is perfect. He completely transformed my smile!! I would highly recommend him!
Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wei, DDS?
I came to Dr. Wei a few months prior to my wedding, in order to get a consultation on how to improve my smile and discuss options like veneers. After undergoing radiation therapy, the appearance of my teeth had suffered, and tooth sensitivity was awful. I did not know what to expect only a few months before my wedding and was not feeling very optimistic. Fortunately, I felt very comfortable with Dr. Wei, as we discussed all of my options, payment options, procedure, timeline, and exactly what was going to happen so there were no unforeseen surprises. The procedure went smoothly, and my recovery was minimal. I got porcelain veneers and the results are amazing, and it all worked out for me to have a beautiful smile on time for my wedding. My teeth sensitivity was improved as well. Dr. Wei is a true professional, a gentle dentist, and a superb artist.
Dec 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wei, DDS?
As the other reviews confirm, Dr. Wei is an exceptional doctor whose technical ability and impressive efficiency developed through years of training and experience. What may be even rarer than a doctor of Dr. Wei's abilities however, is a doctor of his caliber who maintains the same patient first mentality despite his laurels, and this is clear both in Dr. Wei and his staffs' treatment of each patient. He is super helpful in squeezing in time for any last minute appointments and spending extra time to address any questions you may have. It is also heartwarming to see how excited Dr. Wei becomes when thinking about the benefits he creates for his patients and you can tell that his practice is motivated not by profit optimization but rather for patient outcome optimization. Can't recommend more highly!
Dec 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Wei, DDS?

How was your experience with Dr. Wei?

"I believe in treating my patients like I would treat my own family members. Caring for my patients and performing dentistry on them the way that I would...Read more

Dr. Michael J. Wei graduated from Rutgers University with a Bachelor of Science  degree in Biology and a minor in Psychology in...Read more

• Cosmetic Dentistry