Dr. Michael S. Taras, DMD

Dr. Michael S. Taras, DMD

Dentistry | Male

Learn about this dentist

Dr. Taras practices Dentistry at 1 location in Allentown, PA.

Are you Dr. Taras? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Taras' Experience

Experience with Dr. Taras
Dr. Taras' Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (42)
in Allentown pa |
Dr Taras embarrassed me in front of a room full of patients because I did not have $75.00 cash to hand him prior to examining a crown he installed broke. I had always paid with credit card which they refused to take during this visit. He said cash was the policy for this evaluation and if I did not like it then that was too bad. I then went to the dentist who did the root canal and he said the crown had a fractured post and the tooth could not be saved. It was extracted. Beware of Taras.
in Fogelsville, PA |
Miserable and unhinged man. Caring and friendly staff. Don't know how they put up with working there. Left practice after Dr. Taras blew up and starting screaming at my husband for an incredibly trivial misunderstanding. Also, Taras spends all but three seconds with you after the hygienist is done unless you want to discuss conspiracy theories or smoothie recipes. There's a reason its easy to get an appointment.
in Allentown, PA |
My visit at Dr Taras' was the worse experience I had at a dentist office. I went in for two cavities and the place he injected the anesthesia is swollen and I'm unable to chew on that size of the my mouth. My appointment was on Monday and now it's Thursday, I'm still in dis confer and unable to chew. I explain that I was sensitive to certain smells and having things in my mouth due to my pregnancy. He seems annoyed that I had to continually get up and spit up, but if I didn't do that I would hav
in Allentown PA |
I used to think Dr. Taras was a good dentist. When we needed a letter stating my son had a bridge in his mouth he refused to issue the letter. Mind you he had been a patient for several years and he did have a bridge. I then asked for his medical records and he charged $50 CASH he said. These were my sons medical records for had already been paid. He only gave the last visit. I do NOT recommend him. He doesn't care about his patients.
in Allentown, PA |
A horrible dentist. Will pretend to be a nice guy, but as soon as you ask a question that he doesn't like or tell him you are unsatisfied with the work done he will resort to being snarky and even name-calling. If you do not believe me just read the countless other reviews that reveal this guy's true character.
He was extremely rude, didn't even know that I was a new patient when I saw him. At that visit he just spoke to his assistant for supposedly all the work I needed done on my mouth. When I tried to transfer to a new dentist he wouldn't release my X-ray to them. His office staff told me that I would need to pay $50 to release them. So I went to his office to pay the $50 dollars and at that time I was told cash only. I was upset and Dr. Taras himself flicked my card away and told me to get out.
Have you seen Dr. Michael S. Taras, DMD?
Are you Dr. Taras?

Compare Dr. Taras

Compare this Dentist
View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dr. Taras' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dentistry
  •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Dr. Taras does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Taras and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Dr. Taras does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Taras and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Taras does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Taras and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.