Sedation Dentistry  |
Dr. Michael Starkey, DDS
Our practice concentrates on patients who have dental phobia or anxiety about coming to the dentist. Dr. Starkey uses IV sedation also known as twilight sleep, parenteral sedation, conscious sedation, and moderate sedation. This makes the visit calm comfortable relaxing and easy for the dental patient. We follow a stress reduction protocol so that the patient is a bit relaxed by the time they seat themselves in the dental chair. Dr. Starkey provides sedation dentistry because he is like many of his patients. He does not like going to the dentist either. When he was a kid he dreaded going to the dentist, the shots hurt, he didn't like being numb, and didn't like when sometimes being numb and the dentist drill still hurt! we cannot think of much more scary thing for little kids and as adults this phobia is hard to get over. The thing is dental work is not an every day occurrence. You do not need to buck up and tough it out anymore. You do not have to suffer through a dental treatment. With today's modern medicine you can enjoy a calm relaxing seemingly brief visit to the dentist with twilight sleep. And when dentistry is stressful for the patient it is also stressful for the doctor. It is better for the patient if the doctor can work stress free:).

Sedation Dentistry, Omaha, Ne & Life Smiles Dental Implant Surgery, Omaha, Ne

7618 Dodge St

Omaha, NE 68114

Dr. Michael Starkey, DDS

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Starkey

Like many of his patients I dreaded going to the dentist when I was a kid. I would look at the calendar and see the weeks too quickly come to the appointment day.

I hated the shots because they hurt. I hated the smell of the office, I hated having to wait in the dental chair for the dentist to show up, I hated being numb, , I hated being numb and then still feeling the pain of the dentist drill. In my generation there wasn't much more traumatic than having to go to the dentist. It did not help that I had an affection for all things sweet: pop and candy.

The Care Philosophy/mission of our practice is this: To provide the patient with a safe comfortable relaxing affordable dental visit where a two hour visit seems like five minutes. Our goal is to take the dread out of going to the dentist and make the experience pleasant.

With today's modern anesthesia medications and techniques a visit to our dental practice can be easy and in fact feel wonderful.

• Sedation Dentistry

• Teeth Scaling
  • Teeth Whitening
  • Ultrasonic Dental Cleaning
  • Upper Dentures

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Nebraska.

• University Of Wyoming, Laramie Wyoming Bs Chemical Engineering
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1976
  • Creighton University School Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1981
  • Bachelors Of Science In Chemical Engineering, Uinversity Of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming
    Other Education | Completed 1976
  • Master In The College Of Conscious Sedation, American Dental Society Of Anesthesiology 199
    Other Education | Completed 1999
  • Multiple Courses In Dental Implant Therapy Member Of American Academy Of Implant Dentistry
    Other Education | Completed 2014

Dr. Starkey has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Starkey has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Starkey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Starkey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Starkey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Starkey to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Starkey Says:

I appreciate the feed back we get from our patients. Because our practice is small and personal, patients are pretty comfortable telling me directly how they feel about their treatment both good and bad. I prefer that to an internet broadcast:). We are not a bureaucratic practice.

Not every procedure can turn out perfectly and we do our best to make clear risks and benefits of...

Dr. Starkey's Performance
in Omaha |
Great dentist. Checks everything & reviews information completely. Cares about the work done & each individual. I feel better after each visit
Omaha, NE |
Dr .Starkey does Iv sedations and he makes you feel very relaxed and comfortable. plus he is very knowledgeable about dental procedures. My husband had an implant done at his office and it went very smooth.
Have you seen Dr. Michael Starkey, DDS?
Are you Dr. Starkey?

Visit Dr. Starkey

Dr. Starkey accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.