Dr. Michael Smith, DDS

Dr. Michael Smith, DDS

Prosthodontics  |

Dr. Smith, DDS is an esteemed member of the Doctor Mastery Program. The five-year program consists of clinical training conducted by world renowned clinicians, from building on foundational skills and advancing to mastery of the most complex dental care. For over 36 years, I have had the opportunity to practice in a truly great profession. I am honored that my patients open themselves up to me, sharing their honest concerns and allowing me to help them improve and maintain their overall wellness and dental health. I am rewarded every day by the wonderful interactions I have with such a wide variety of personalities, from my great office staff to each and every patient. I am passionate about helping people! Education My education has enabled me to provide only the best and most effective treatments for my patients. I attended the University of Tennessee Dental College, graduating in 1977, and completed my prosthodontic residency at the Veteran's Administration in 1981. Most of all, I enjoy sharing my knowledge of the importance of good dentistry over a lifetime. Continuing Education Staying informed of new information is very important for providing my patients with the greatest level of care. To keep on the cutting edge of restorative dentistry, I attend continuing education courses annually. Staying involved with the greater dental community is also a great asset, and I am currently a member of the American Dental Association, the American College of Prosthodontics, the Tennessee Dental Association, the Memphis Dental Society, and the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation. Outside the Office I was born in eastern Tennessee and raised in a medical family. I am one of seven children, and six of us are involved in some aspect of the field of medicine. I currently reside in Memphis with my wife, Rene. We have three grown children, Brandon, Anna, and Stuart, a daughter-in-law, Ashley, a son-in-law, Larry, and a daughter-in-law, Nina. When I'm not in the office I enjoy grilling and gardening. My community is very important to me. I am actively involved in my local church, Bellevue Baptist, and participate in a mobile dental clinic, providing dental care to low income families.

Great Southern Smiles

3106 Professional Plz

Germantown, TN 38138

• MetLife

Learn about Dr. Smith

We believe everyone should have access to the most advanced dental care available. In every office visit, we take seriously our patients' needs and create amazing results, all done in a relaxing environment.

• Prosthodontics
  • Cosmetic Dentistry
  • Sedation Dentistry

• Blepharoptosis - Cleft Palate - Ectrodactyly - Dental Anomalies
  • Cosmetic Conditions
  • Edentulism

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Tennessee Technological University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1974
  • University of Tennessee Center for Health Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 1977
  • University Of Tennessee Dental College
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1978
  • Veterans Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981

Dr. Smith has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Smith has no media or publications listed.

• American College of Prosthodontics, Member

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Smith to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Smith's Performance
in Memphis, TN |
Dr. Smith is great and very professional. The receptionist and dental assistants are always nice and friendly as usual. This visit for me was to replace a crown. Everything went well. They always pre-tell you about each step and what's about to happen next. They designed it quickly and he took the time to make sure the crown fit properly. D.r Smith and his staff knows what they are doing by working quickly and efficiently. I was pleased with the results.
in Robinsonville, MS |
Professional, outstanding dental service. I absolutely love Dr Smith and his staff.
in Germantown, TN |
Visited Dr. SMITH office to take advantage of a groupon offer. Nobody goes in to see him without recommendations for extensive dental work. His office actually sent me a bill for more than 100.00 for cleaning although I provided the groupon. Friendly staff and nicely decorated will cost you!
in Memphis, TN |
Excellent care, love Cara, Dr. Smith is very informative and skilled
in Ripley, MS |
Outstanding patient care and service! I couldn't have chosen a better dentist and staff. So very friendly, I always feel very comfortable, so very very pleased with the quality of work!
in Lakeland, TN |
I have suffered from TMJ for most of my life. Dr. Smith is the 1st dentist who has been able to provide me with a night guard that I can't chew through & has ended my Jaw pain & headaches. This guard works so well that my jaw has relaxed into its proper position even when not wearing it. I have stopped wearing my teeth down and know that any dental work now done will not need to be repeated. Having seen many TMJ specialists, it amazes me that he has been able to treat it so thoroughly & easily!
Collierville, TN |
Do Not go this this dentist.
in Arlington, TN |
I?ve been a patient of Dr. Smith for approx. 2 years. I?ve received nothing but exceptional care. I came to Dr. Smith because of an awful experience I had with my previous dentist who extracted a tooth and left a portion of the root embedded in my gum. Dr. Smith assured me he could correct the problem and he did. Since then he's performed several implants and two On Lays. He and his staff treat you like family. Appts. are kept timely and prices are very reasonable. Don't mind questions.
Bartlett, TN |
I went to this office back in 2013 with a groupon for a cleaning. After the cleaning they told me I had 6 cavities that needed to be filled and gave me a price of $1500 to fix it. Now I brush my teeth twice a day so I was very surprised when they told me this. I told them that I would hold off on having the procedures. At my next cleaning, I went to a different dental office and was told I had no cavities. I would not trust this dental office at all!!!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Michael Smith, DDS?

Visit Dr. Smith