Dr. Michael Loftis, DDS

EndodonticsMaleAge 45

Endodontics

Dr. Michael Loftis, DDS is a Endodontics Practitioner in Charleston, WV and has over 19 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from West Virginia University in 2003. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Michael Loftis, DDS

Dr. Michael Loftis

109 Brooks St Charleston, WV 25301

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Endodontics Practitioners in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for West Virginia

• Root Canal Retreatment
  • Scaling and Root Planing
  • Simple Tooth Extractions
  • Tooth Damage

Dr. Loftis accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Loftis has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(304) 343-7668Find providers who accept this insurance

Dr. Loftis' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Loftis

Highly Recommend
I had broke a small molar exposing the root a day prior to a long weekend festival I was going to have to work, didn't have a current dentist, as mine had retired during covid and was able to be seen quickly by a local dentist who referred me the same day to Dr. Loftis. They were able to schedule me a root canal (My First Root Canal) in just a couple hours. I went in and was finished just shy of 1.5 hours. I had no pain or discomfort during the procedure and absolutely no pain swelling or discomfort post procedure either. In fact, you could not tell I had any work done after the numbness wore off. I was very satisfied with his presentation, explanation and services I received.
GTripp – May 05, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Loftis, DDS?
Great service! Have had 3 successful root canals completed by Dr. Loftis. For a root canal, I wouldn’t go anywhere else.
Katie – May 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Loftis, DDS?
This was the second time I’ve had a root canal with Dr. Loftis. He and his staff are amazing!!! They were very informative and caring!! Thank you Dr. Loftis and staff!!! ??
Debra Davis – Apr 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Loftis, DDS?
Absolutely horrible! I’m not even going show respect by saying Dr. He was very arrogant, rude, unprofessional, and condescending!! Informed me that my pain was from infection but when asked if he would prescribe an antibiotic he accused me of attempting to misuse medication! He was very offensive and became angry when questioned. I could go on and on. Bottom line is he doesn’t care one bit about you he’s in it for money! One would think he would get his own damn teeth fixed!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Mar 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Loftis, DDS?
He sent my daughter home today crying and in pain. Why? Because, not being able to go with her due to illness, I sent her with a check signed by me for payment, and they said he wouldn’t see her without my being there (she’s an adult). The check was good, she had been to him before, and they wouldn’t even call to check with me or let my daughter have me call them. Will never recommend that anyone go to a doctor who would send a patient so obviously in pain away without even seeing her!
Mar 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Loftis, DDS?
My dentist recommend Loftis for my root canal. Loftis told me my tooth had no cracks or holes in it. He did not know why my tooth became infected. During the procedure, He ground down half my tooth then told me to get a crown. He never once told he was going to do this or that I would need a crown. I did this root canal to save my tooth, not to get a crown over it. I would have saved the expense and just got it pulled if I knew he was going to destroy in appearance of my tooth.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jenny in WV – Aug 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Loftis, DDS?
Dr. Loftis did a great job on my root canal. He was caring and explained everything as we went through the procedure. He has obviously honed his craft to an exact science. Everything went smoothly and I felt no pain.
Parkersburg, WV – Jul 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Loftis, DDS?
He is great. Best I have ever been to and I have had lots of root canals. Staff also wonderful. High recommend Dr. Loftis.
CAROL in Charleston, WV – Jul 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Loftis, DDS?
I highly recommend Dr. Loftis!! This was by far one of the best dental experiences I have ever had! His staff was very kind and knowledgeable. They got me in right away, which was great because I was in a lot of discomfort. Dr. Loftis was very professional. He explained everything he was doing and did not hesitate to answer any question that I had. He made this a very pleasant, pain-free dental experience for me. I would visit his office again in the future!!
Grace in Parkersburg, WV – Mar 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Loftis, DDS?
Dr. Loftis is an excellent endodontist. The procedure was pain free and he answered all of my questions. I would definitely recommend him to friends. He has a very nice office and a great staff.
Maggie Hardesty in Charleston, WV – Mar 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Loftis, DDS?

How was your experience with Dr. Loftis?