Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial SurgeryMaleAge 39

Dr. Kunkel

Oral and Facial Surgery Center PC

3475 Briargate Blvd Ste 102 Colorado Springs, CO 80920

Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS is a Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kunkel to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS with other Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Specialists near you

Dr. Kunkel's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kunkel

Dr. Kunkel?
  • Explained conditions well (88)
  • Listened & answered questions (88)
  • Office environment (88)
  • Long wait times (3)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (1)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (1)
I was referred by my dentist to Dr. Kunkel after an attempt to extract my infected implant was deemed too risky. Special tools and skills are needed to get the job done. Dr. Kunkel is highly skilled and competent. He foresaw potential problems and explained in detail what to expect at each stage. My procedure went well and my recover was quick and almost pain-free. His assistant Nikki was very patient in answering my many questions before the procedure and in explaining how to care for the extraction site afterwards. Their front office insurance lady took the time to talk to my insurance company and wrote lengthy notes stating why my procedure should be covered. Last but not least, Dr. Kunkel even took the time to find me expert surgeons in the new state I am moving to very soon. I recommend Dr. Kunkel and his team wholeheartedly and confidently.
Sarah – May 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS?
Kunkel Review An abscess caused me to have a tooth extraction that landed me in the hands of Dr. Kunkel. I was clueless about the implant process. But luckily, my first encounter was with the experienced and competent health professional team at Pikes Peak Oral Surgery. During my first visit, Dr. Kunkel took me through the upcoming procedures step-by-step and addressed any questions or concerns. On the first day of the procedure I was calm, more knowledgeable and confident that I was in great hands. Throughout the process, Dr. Kunkel had a gentle touch and so did Erin who assisted him on my final visit. As a team, they made sure that I was comfortable at every step of the process. I appreciate the after care and his phone calls. The service and expertise I received from Dr. Kunkel and the entire staff was simply outstanding.
Delores H. – Apr 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS?
Dr. Kunkel is not only an excellent oral surgeon with a compassionate attitude, but he is an extremely dedicated and knowledgeable healthcare provider. His ability to make complicated procedures understandable and easy to digest. I had a major procedure done that required extreme skill (osteomyelitis) in removing necrotic bone without damaging nerve or possible jaw impairment. All went smoothly with short recovery and continuing follow up for one year. I believe that I was placed in the right hands at the right time. My thanks to Dr. Kunkel and his entire office staff.
Sharon – Apr 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS?
I had an emergency dental problem and was referred to Dr. Kunkel who was able to see me immediately. Dr. Kunkel was great and put me at ease. I had my oral surgery and couldn’t be more pleased with the outcome and I’m recovering well. Special thanks to the ladies at the front desk, x-ray, iv, on the day of surgery for their professionalism and caring. Thanks a million Dr. Kunkel and Staff for everything!
Vivia Veasey – Mar 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS?
Dr. Kunkel and his staff are amazing! I am in the process of my second tooth extraction and implant with them. Dr. Kunkel is very professional, caring and gifted. He called me the night after my procedures to see if I was okay and if I had any questions. I really do not like having my teeth worked on but now after my experience with Dr. Kunkel and his staff I have no problem going in to let them fix my teeth. I would highly recommend his expertise and tell all my family and friends about him.
Chris K. – Mar 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS?
Dr. Kunkel and his staff did an outstanding job on my extraction and implant installation. He utilizes the latest technology to achieve the highest quality results. I was very impressed with his dedication and care.
C. Krager – Feb 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS?
Dr Kunkel discussed avenues of care with me before the extraction and what the next steps were in each scenario. He is thorough and a good people person as is his staff. He himself called me the night after my surgery to see how I was doing. I also received a card in the mail signed by him and his staff wishing me well. This kind of attention is not seen very often in today’s world and I appreciated it knowing that they care. His surgery was exceptional too! Highly recommended.
Nancy – Feb 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS?
This is actually my second review I am leaving for Dr. Kunkel and his staff! Everyone is so kind, patient, understanding and helpful from the receptionist, to assistants, to Dr. Kunkel himself! He did an amazing job with removing my daughter's wisdom teeth and again with recently removing my son's! As my son was coming out of his "haze" from surgery he said, "Did I tell the doctor Thank you?! This wasn't bad at all! He did a great job!" I think that sums it up! Highly, highly recommend
Julia – Jan 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS?
Yes, I would recommend Dr Kunkel strongly because I had a biopsy done on my tongue and he prepared me for the whole procedure and it went very smoothly and successfully. I was very happy with the whole procedure.
Mike Jessop – Jan 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS?
Dr. Kunkel and his staff helped to reset my jaw after I broke it they were super amazing and friendly about it and truly care about patients recovery considering the type of injury did i mention that they also did it with minimal discomfort? Thank you Dr. Kunkel and staff for everything you guys do! You guys are rockstars!
Raymond E Starcher – Aug 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS?
Dr. Kunkel has treated both myself and my wife several times. His work it totally great. Very little pain and excellent results. He takes a lot of time with each procedure to insure that the procedure will be great. I am always amazed as to the capability of his x-ray program. I highly recommend him.
Aug 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS?
Leaving a shout out for Dr. Kunkle and staff. Excellent treatment. I needed to have a molar removed while on blood thinners. He did it safely and took away all my pain. Would definitely recommend!!
Jun 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS?
I went in to see Dr. Kunkel for removing a chipped molar. He and his staff answered all my questions on the procedure and the cost. Dr. Kunkel removed the chipped molar and also did a bone graft for a future implant. The procedure went well and I was in no pain. What was amazing to me is that Dr. Kunkel actually called that evening to make sure that I was ok and his staff followed up the next day. That is almost unheard of these days. I would highly recommend Dr. Kunkel. He and his staff are the BEST.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Shalini Paul – Feb 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS?
I was referred to Dr. Kunkle by my dentist to get a second opinion on my wisdom teeth. I don't think that I could have been more impressed by Dr. Kunkel or his staff! From the initial visit to the procedure and the follow up appointments the were unbelievably professional and friendly. The procedure was completed without any issues and minimal discomfort afterward. Do your homework and check other surgeon's reviews and ratings on Google, Health Grades, etc. Dr. Kunkle's reviews were far above any other surgeons in the area and after becoming his patient, I now know why!
Paul Faricy – Dec 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS?
Dr. Kunkel and his staff are wonderful. You couldn't ask for a better team. Dr. Kunkel and his team went out of their way to make schedules work so I could have my implant done. Dr. Kunkel explained everything he was doing and always took time to answer my questions. He made a follow-up call that evening to make sure I was doing ok. The staff was very friendly and professional. Wonderful experience all around.
Andrea – Oct 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS?
My daughter had her wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Kunkel and I was already recommending him/the office 2 days later. They were very knowledgable with the insurance, efficient and pleasant at the front desk, and the assistants who were with my daughter during the procedure were so kind --and honestly fun!! Dr. Kunkel did an excellent job with the wisdom teeth removal--not a problem from beginning to end. I cannot thank them enough for getting us through this necessary surgery. You can feel that they truly care for their patients. A rare find to have a wonderful, skilled doctor and amazing support staff!!
Gayle Bowyer in Colorado Springs, CO – Jun 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS?
I had Dr. Kunkel for both a molar extraction and a post placement for an implant. I elected for sedation and it was performed superbly as well as the work. I had no pain with either procedure, minimal bleeding for the extraction and none for the post and I experienced no swelling on either procedure. His office staff is superb and the facility is excellent. I highly recommend him for Dental Surgery procedures.
Tedd Adams in Colorado Springs, CO – Dec 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS?
Dr. Kunkel came into my dental situation at a difficult time and brought it to a very successful conclusion. Dr. Kunkel is truly a skilled professional that cares about the individual. Thank you for always trying to meet my needs. You are a credit to your professional.
Sandra and Larry in Colorado Springs, CO – Nov 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS?
I sent some information about my dental situation but they didn't have the courtesy of returning inquiry. I would have thought they were interested in helping a disabled veteran.
James in Colorado Springs, CO – Nov 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS?
While dreading getting my wisdom teeth extracted, I actually had no pain by following Dr. Kunkel's excellent after care instructions! He and his staff showed such personal care start to finish!
Susan in Colorado Springs, CO – Nov 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Kunkel, DDS?

How was your experience with Dr. Kunkel?

I extend my care beyond the surgical process by taking into consideration every aspect of the patient experience. I want my patients to feel comfortable...Read more

Dr. Michael Kunkel developed a passion for helping others and knew he wanted to be involved in health care from an early age. While originally from Rochester,...Read more

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery