Dr. Michael Koslin, DMD

Practices Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 2.5 after 31 reviews.
Author:
After suffering with TMJ problems for many years, I am so thankful to be able to enjoy life WITHOUT chronic pain! I had surgery 6 weeks ago and I cannot say enough about the professionalism of Dr Koslin. He did an outstanding job and was always so kind. His secretary did inform me that I should have a list of questions since his time is so limited. I did just that and all questions were answered!! I cannot find a single complaint!!!! Life is good! Thanks Dr Koslin and staff!!
Author:
Had TMJ surgery about 10 years ago and Dr Koslin completely destroyed my mouth. I know am embarrassed to take pictures because he cut a nerve and told me it would heal back. After 10 years, it has not. I can not open my mouth completely open, I can not chew my food properly. Nights are horrible. Dr. Koslin was very arrogant and unprofessional. Please be careful when using him.
Author:
Waited over an hour for my appointment. The reviews about his overbooking are true.
Author:
Dr. Koslin recently conducted jaw surgery on me. I highly commend him and his staff! All of my concerns were thoroughly addressed and handled in a professional manner. Dr. Koslin proved to be very knowledgeable, highly skilled and experienced in his work. I am very appreciative of the care I received.
Author:
Great Experience - The only oral surgeon that knew how to fix my problem I saw four other oral surgeons for a terrible TMJ problem. None of them could properly identify why I had TMJ. Dr. Koslin figured out my problem and surgically repaired it. I have been TMJ free for over a decade now thanks to him.
Author:
Dr. Koslin is awful! I am 21 years old and went in to have all 4 wisdom teeth took out. While he was telling me about the surgery (all of like 2 second that he took to explain it) I had tear running down my face from anxiety. He yelled at me to stop crying that it would make me not be able to breath in surgery. He was soo rough with looking for and iv and from him being so mean I was so bad anxious that even with ALL the medince they couldn’t get me sedated. They ended up not doing the surgery.
Author:
You will never wait less than an hour in the waiting room for him (Koslin) to spend no more than 45 seconds with you. After waiting over an hour for just a simple post-op, my daughter started crying and he told me I needed to keep her quiet. I have had 5 surgeries with him, hopefully I will not have to have another, but if so I will not be going back there. He books far too many patients in one slot. Other than Dr. Koslin, his staff is great and I feel bad for what they have to put up with.
Author:
DO NOT SEE DR. KOSLIN. Never mind that he quadruple books 8a.m patients to the tune of an hour and a half wait time - a good doctor can do that! But on my first and last visit there, Dr. Koslin, was rude, short, utterly unhelpful, condescending and gave me about 4 minutes of his precious time. Awful experience, left feeling somewhat humiliated by his attitude about my jaw pain.
Author:
My 15 year old daughter was referred to Dr. Koslin by her orthodontist for jaw surgery. From the moment Dr. Koslin walked in, we loved him! He had a great personality, listened to our concerns, and took plenty of time to explain the procedure to both of us. At the hospital, he was very reassuring, joked around with us and made us feel at ease. I highly recommend him to anyone!
Author:
I had the pleasure of meeting Dr Koslin after experiencing complications from having my wisdom teeth removed by another physician in town. He came highly recommended by several family members and friends. I cannot express how happy I am with the care I received from Dr. Koslin and his office staff. They were all extremely professional, respectful, and accommodating. Dr. Koslin is truly an expert in every aspect and he saved me from weeks of agony and pain. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM!
Author:
I went to Dr. Koslin in 2009 to get my tmj correct. During my surgery he decided it was the best time to take out my bottom wisdom teeth, which then lead to a major infection because my jaw was wired shut and I could take care of them properly. He also took too much of my jaw bone out and now my teeth do not align. It was a waste of time to get this painful surgery done. It didnt correct my tmj. It gave me another problem and soon I will have to get it fixed and it definitely wont be from him.
Author:
Had to have a tooth removed as it was under a bridge and had cracked. Put me to sleep, pulled it out in 40 seconds and left a big rough metal edge from the bridge. Said 'your dentist can smoothe that '. I was too sleepy to argue. But after two cuts on my tongue form that rough edge I had to make an unexpected visit to my dentist which cost me a $50 co pay and time off work. Dr Koslin has lost his expertise and his bedside manners. WONT EVER USE HIM AGAIN
Author:
Did not ask about my symptoms or offer any recommendation when I told him i was uncomfortable with the method of treatment he initially suggested. He spent 10 minutes with me after I drove 4 hours for his consult. Didn't do any tests or scans just felt my jaw for all of 10 seconds before coming to whatever conclusion he came to. Rude and abrasive.