Dr. Michael Koslin, DMD

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery •  Male • Age 65

31 Reviews
Dr. Koslin
2036 Patton Chapel Rd Hoover, AL 35216

Dr. Michael Koslin, DMD is an oral & maxillofacial surgery specialist in Hoover, AL and has been practicing for 36 years. He graduated from University Of Alabama School Of Dentistry in 1979 and practices oral & maxillofacial surgery.

• Hospital satisfaction Patients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals
  • Quiet hospital Patients said the hospital this doctor practices at is quiet. See hospitals
  • Practices at highly recommended hospital Patients recommend this hospital to family and friends. See hospitals

Dr. Koslin accepts

Dr. Koslin accepts the following insurance:

Dental DPPO
United Concordia
Advantage Plus PPO
National Fee-for-Service
Dental

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Alabama

Check Dr. Koslin's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Facial Reconstruction
  • Mandibular Hypoplasia
  • Maxillary Hypoplasia

Dr. Koslin's Reviews

Did you have an appointment with Dr. Koslin?

Enter the Bills 4 Bills sweepstakes by leaving a review today

Terms and conditions

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Koslin

2.4

Dr. Koslin?
Dr. Koslin's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Michael Koslin, DMD
After suffering with TMJ problems for many years, I am so thankful to be able to enjoy life WITHOUT chronic pain! I had surgery 6 weeks ago and I cannot say enough about the professionalism of Dr Koslin. He did an outstanding job and was always so kind. His secretary did inform me that I should have a list of questions since his time is so limited. I did just that and all questions were answered!! I cannot find a single complaint!!!! Life is good! Thanks Dr Koslin and staff!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Koslin, DMD?
Had TMJ surgery about 10 years ago and Dr Koslin completely destroyed my mouth. I know am embarrassed to take pictures because he cut a nerve and told me it would heal back. After 10 years, it has not. I can not open my mouth completely open, I can not chew my food properly. Nights are horrible. Dr. Koslin was very arrogant and unprofessional. Please be careful when using him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Koslin, DMD?
Waited over an hour for my appointment. The reviews about his overbooking are true.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Koslin, DMD?
Dr. Koslin recently conducted jaw surgery on me. I highly commend him and his staff! All of my concerns were thoroughly addressed and handled in a professional manner. Dr. Koslin proved to be very knowledgeable, highly skilled and experienced in his work. I am very appreciative of the care I received.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Koslin, DMD?
Great Experience - The only oral surgeon that knew how to fix my problem I saw four other oral surgeons for a terrible TMJ problem. None of them could properly identify why I had TMJ. Dr. Koslin figured out my problem and surgically repaired it. I have been TMJ free for over a decade now thanks to him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Koslin, DMD?
Dr. Koslin is awful! I am 21 years old and went in to have all 4 wisdom teeth took out. While he was telling me about the surgery (all of like 2 second that he took to explain it) I had tear running down my face from anxiety. He yelled at me to stop crying that it would make me not be able to breath in surgery. He was soo rough with looking for and iv and from him being so mean I was so bad anxious that even with ALL the medince they couldn’t get me sedated. They ended up not doing the surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Koslin, DMD?
You will never wait less than an hour in the waiting room for him (Koslin) to spend no more than 45 seconds with you. After waiting over an hour for just a simple post-op, my daughter started crying and he told me I needed to keep her quiet. I have had 5 surgeries with him, hopefully I will not have to have another, but if so I will not be going back there. He books far too many patients in one slot. Other than Dr. Koslin, his staff is great and I feel bad for what they have to put up with.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Koslin, DMD?
DO NOT SEE DR. KOSLIN. Never mind that he quadruple books 8a.m patients to the tune of an hour and a half wait time - a good doctor can do that! But on my first and last visit there, Dr. Koslin, was rude, short, utterly unhelpful, condescending and gave me about 4 minutes of his precious time. Awful experience, left feeling somewhat humiliated by his attitude about my jaw pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Koslin, DMD?
My 15 year old daughter was referred to Dr. Koslin by her orthodontist for jaw surgery. From the moment Dr. Koslin walked in, we loved him! He had a great personality, listened to our concerns, and took plenty of time to explain the procedure to both of us. At the hospital, he was very reassuring, joked around with us and made us feel at ease. I highly recommend him to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Koslin, DMD?
I had the pleasure of meeting Dr Koslin after experiencing complications from having my wisdom teeth removed by another physician in town. He came highly recommended by several family members and friends. I cannot express how happy I am with the care I received from Dr. Koslin and his office staff. They were all extremely professional, respectful, and accommodating. Dr. Koslin is truly an expert in every aspect and he saved me from weeks of agony and pain. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Koslin, DMD?

How was your experience with Dr. Koslin?

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

1983
Jackson Memorial Hospital, University Of Miami
1979
University Of Alabama School Of Dentistry
1983
1979

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Koslin treats patients.

70% Patient experience rating, 1% higher than the national average