Dr. Michael Covaney, DDS

Dentistry •  Male

Dr. Covaney

Covaney & Covaney Comprehensive Dental Care

760 Pilot House Dr Ste E Newport News, VA 23606

Dr. Michael Covaney, DDS is a Dentistry Practitioner in Newport News, VA and has over 23 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College of Virginia School of Dentistry medical school in 1997. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Covaney to book an appointment.

Dr. Covaney's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Covaney

3.2

Dr. Covaney?
What People Say About Dr. Michael Covaney, DDS
We had a horrible experience with this dental office. The dentist was fine; however, the people in the billing department were very rude. My husband had to change dentists after his insurance changed and this office was one of few in-network in our area. He has always gone to the dentist regularly and brushed/flushed regularly. He went to this office and was told he needed a deep clean and 3 old fillings needed to be replaced. We were skeptical that all of this work was really necessary since prior dentists had never suggested this. He was given a proposed cost of $59.61 out-of-pocket. Today he had the recommended work done and was charged $222.80 before leaving the office. When we called to ask why the difference in the proposed cost and the cost we paid we were told the initial estimate we were given must have been wrong and she wasn’t sure why. It gives us the impression that a lower proposed cost was given to us so that he would agree to having the work done. The lady who
Nov 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Covaney, DDS?
I had crowns done by Dr Michael Covaney, front teeth. He did an excellent job. They are still holding up great after 14+ years. If I need crowns again, this is the dentist I will go to, even if he's out of my dental insurance network
May 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Covaney, DDS?
Very Problematic; a disgrace. I have seen many patients walk out in anger with treatment they received here. I really did not understand till I received the same. OK so sometimes I am not quick to judge. My fault. This husband and wife team run a very dysfunctional office. You always should know this first by the staff insufficiency but I really wasnt looking for failure. I found the root of the problem was at the top. Duh it usually is. This couple is very abrasive and dysfunctional. RUN !
Tony in newport news – Mar 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Covaney, DDS?
He was able to accurately diagnose my complex situation on the first visit. We nicknamed him “bones” because he knew what the previous dentist did wrong by an X-ray and pain description. I had no idea it was relavent.
Dec 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Michael Covaney, DDS?

How was your experience with Dr. Covaney?

• Cosmetic Dentistry