Dr. Melissa Jones, DDS

Dr. Melissa Jones, DDS

Orthodontics  |

Dr. Melissa Jones, DDS is a dentist who practices in Carson City, NV. She is 38 years old and has been practicing for 11 years.Read her story

Carson City Orthodontics

3790 US Highway 395 S Ste 406

Carson City, NV 89705

• Guardian

Learn about Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Jones "My greatest joy in life is to help people smile, and I am grateful that my profession allows me to do that in many ways! My daily mission is to not only create beautiful and healthy smiles, but to foster a happy experience and make our office a place where people come to feel good. I believe that by choosing to smile more, we can make our lives better and improve the lives of everyone around us. It's a beautiful, self-perpetuating cycle of smiling and feeling good that starts with a choice. I choose to be happy and grateful, and I help others do the same. If crooked teeth or a painful bite causes someone to smile less, they are not experiencing all the joy life has to offer them. Parents have always understood the value of a confident smile for their children, but I have found that braces can be an obstacle to many teens and adults pursuing the smile they want. I was one of those people. In the fourth grade, I was thrilled to have braces. For years I was happy and confident with my smile, but after several years of not wearing my retainer, my front teeth began to shift. As an adult in dental school, I was no longer thrilled to wear braces! I underwent Invisalign® treatment instead, and was thrilled with the results and the ease of the experience. At that time, clear aligner technology was in its infancy. Now, over 12 years later, there have been incredible advances in the software design and physical properties of the aligners, allowing me to use Invisalign to help people with bites far worse than mine was. In addition to the training I received while in my orthodontic residency, I have dedicated myself to the additional and ongoing training that is needed to become, and consistently remain, a Premier Provider of Invisalign. I frequently lecture to local dental offices on the techniques I am using. I enjoy teaching others about the benefits of orthodontic treatment as well as the technological advances that have made this treatment so much more effective and comfortable. The technical and personal aspects of orthodontics are a great balance and give me incredible joy. That is why I feel so compelled to give back: to our team, our patients, and our community. I founded the Nevada chapter of Smile for a Lifetime and organized a local board of directors that selects six scholarship winners every year for free braces that I provide. I have also sponsored the Boys and Girls Clubs since 2012. This profession always has you thinking about how you can make a difference in someone's life, and it isn't always with their teeth. Beyond orthodontics, I love spreading smiles by having fun with family and friends! I met my husband, Cullen, while learning how to white water kayak during our time together at UNR. We moved back to Cullen's home town of Carson City in 2008, and we are thrilled to be living right next to the mountains and raising our son, Cavery, to enjoy the great outdoors as much as we do. If I'm not at the office, you can find me on the trail either running or mountain biking, or look for me tele-skiing at Kirkwood and Heavenly. I also love to kiteboard, read inspiring books, write poetry, and play the violin. I look forward to meeting you! “A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.” – William Arthur Ward Education Bachelor of Arts in History – University of Nevada, Reno, 2000 Magna cum Laude/Valedictorian Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Colorado School of Dentistry, 2005 Magna cum Laude/Valedictorian Inducted into Omicron Kappa Upsilon, National Dental Honor Society Orthodontics Residency – University of Colorado, 2007 Graduated with honors Experience Traveler – South America, January-May 2008 Spanish studies in Peru Hiked Inca Trail to Machu Picchu Climbed 20,000' peak in Bolivia, Huayna Potosi Orthodontist – The Dentists' Office, Fallon, 2008-2013 Damon System, Invisalign Vector Tas mini-implant system Combined orthodontics and orthognathic surgery Volunteer, Give Kids A Smile 2008-2011 Orthodontist and Owner – Carson City Orthodontics, Carson City, 2012-Present Damon System, Invisalign Premier Provider Vector Tas mini-implant system Combined orthodontics and orthognathic surgery Volunteer and scholarship provider, Smiles For a Lifetime Professional Affiliations American Association of Orthodontists Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists American Dental Association Nevada Dental Association Northern Nevada Dental Society Sierra Nevada Study Club "

This content was provided by Dr. Jones "Carson City Orthodontics was born from the desire to see Carson City and the surrounding areas flourish as a hub for happy, healthy, and successful living. A booming community begins with individuals empowered to feel good and do good, both for themselves and others. We empower people of all ages by making their smile beautiful. Using state-of-the-art technology and orthodontic techniques, along with upmost attention to personal service, our mission is to help you smile and feel good!"

• Orthodontics

• Cleft Lip and Palate
  • Crooked Teeth
  • Crossbite
  • Dental Crowding
  • Dental Spacing
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Malocclusion - Short Stature Syndrome

• Retainers
  • Snoring Prevention
  • Spacers for Braces
  • Springs for Braces

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• University of Nevada, Reno
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2000
  • University of Colorado / School of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 2005
  • University Of Colorado School Of Dental Medicine, Orthodontics Residency
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Jones has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Jones has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Jones does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jones and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jones' Reviews