Dr. Melissa Amaral, DDS

Dr. Melissa Amaral, DDS

Dentistry  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Melissa Amaral, DDS is a dentistry practitioner in Reno, NV and has been practicing for 14 years. She practices dentistry.Read her story

A Dentistry

6580 S McCarran Blvd Ste B

Reno, NV 89509

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Amaral

Dr. Amaral's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Amaral "From a very young age, I knew I wanted to be a healthcare professional. Dentistry allows me to utilize my artistic skills along with my academic skills. What I find so rewarding about dentistry is how multifaceted it is and how I can improve the overall quality of a person's life by educating them about their dental health. I especially love when a person is able to overcome their previous dental phobias by simply listening to how the fear originated and replacing that terrible memory with a pleasant dental experience. It's amazing that we can overcome fears at any age. Dentistry doesn't have to be scary anymore, and I try to make it as pleasant as possible! Education I believe in lifelong learning. The Jesuit philosophy of education aims to shape and develop the entire person. Being that I attended two Jesuit Universities (Santa Clara and Creighton), that philosophy remains with me. Graduating dental school was literally just the beginning of a life dedicated to acquiring as much possible knowledge and information as I can to help my patients. High School Diploma, Washington High School, Fremont, CA, 1996 Bachelors of Science, Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA 2000 Doctor of Dental Surgery, Creighton University, Omaha, NE 2004 Continuing Education Although there is a requirement specific to each state mandating a certain number of continuing education hours, I far exceed these requirements each year. As a general dentist, I must be knowledgeable in ALL areas of dentistry. I choose to participate in so much continuing education because dentistry is constantly changing and I feel it is my personal responsibility to be exposed to all new materials and methods available to me. I believe in evidence-based dentistry, so even though I spend many of my weekends traveling for education, I do not incorporate anything into my office until I can stand behind it philosophically and clinically. After researching the technology since I was in dental school, I am confident in and proud to use CEREC® technology in my practice. That means we can provide a great service to our patients with the increased convenience of a crown on the same visit. Professional Memberships I am a strong believer in organized dentistry, and that it is through our national, state, and local chapters that we can all work together to improve patient access, quality care, and much needed education across the globe. American Dental Association (ADA) Nevada Dental Association (NDA) Northern Nevada Dental Society (NNDA) International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI) In the Community I have been involved in the Northern Nevada Dental Health Program since 2004. I donate many hours of my time and materials to children of families who do not have the economic means to provide their children with proper dental care. The program is wonderfully rewarding. The children are great and the parents are so appreciative. Most times it is the child's first dental visit, so I have the opportunity to make it fun! It also is a great reward to provide comprehensive and preventative care to a family and never have to consider whether they can afford it or not, because it is all donated. When possible, my husband and I have plans on joining a national organization that travels to underserved communities around the world, providing much needed dental care. Outside the Office My husband, Dr. Nick Anastassatos, and I have been married for seven years and we have a two year old son and an infant daughter. When I'm not in the office I love reading, cooking new recipes, wine tasting, painting, and traveling."

This content was provided by Dr. Amaral "We are a caring and outgoing dental team dedicated to exceeding expectations in a welcoming and comfortable environment. Through state of the art technology, life-long education, and expert guidance, we provide comprehensive dental care to every unique individual we treat. Our family of patients partner with us to optimize their oral health, realizing that it is an integral component to their quality of life. The anchor of our values and commitment to our patients is centered on prevention with a focus on our patients ability to continue beneficial behaviors at home. We strive to communicate as a team to ensure each patient has an exemplary experience that they would want for their family and friends. Simply, we create memories with a smile."

1  Practice Areas

• Tooth Attrition
  • Tooth Avulsion
  • Tooth Damage
  • Tooth Demineralization

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• Santa Clara University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2000
  • Creighton University
    Medical School | Graduated 2004
  • Creighton University
    Other Education | Completed 2004

Dr. Amaral has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Amaral has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Amaral does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Amaral and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Amaral's Reviews