Dr. Maureen Toal, DMD

DentistryFemaleAge 70

Dentistry

Dr. Maureen Toal, DMD is a Dentistry Practitioner in Phoenix, AZ and has over 37 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from Washington University School Of in 1985. She is affiliated with Abrazo Scottsdale Campus. Her office accepts new patients.

Dr. Maureen Toal, DMD

Center for Dental Rehabilitation

16620 N 40th St Ste F Phoenix, AZ 85032

Dr. Toal's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Toal

2.9

She got my money, did what should have been basic dental work & an extraction while I was under anesthesia, and subsequently refused to help me or adjust my bite. The teeth she worked on were disproportionately large and sharp. She did extra work that wasn’t approved by my surrogate while I was under. I had to go to other dentists for help and had to fight to get my records from her. She hasn’t contacted me in weeks despite repeated requests, even unilaterally cancelling an appointment and then putting that same appointment down in my records as “missed.” I’m in more pain now than I was before the surgery. I’m now afraid of dentists. I can’t eat a normal diet because of sensitivity and nerve pain. She told me she had fixed all of the issues with the (unauthorized) work when I woke up, but subsequent x-rays elsewhere show cavities...on teeth she worked on. SHE LEFT A NON-DISSOLVING STITCH IN THE EXTRACTION SITE AND DID NOT LET ME COME IN FOR A FOLLOW-UP TO TAKE IT OUT. Don’t trust her!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Sep 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Toal, DMD?
Dr Toal’s fees are 2 to 4 times national averages. Her business model is to recommend the most expensive approach to your problem and then run your credit card for that amount weeks before your procedure. She plays on people’s fears of pain and suboptimal results to promote her practice. Her practice appears to be organized around her convenience and her need to over charge relative to national averages. Well she maybe technically proficient ( I can’t judge that based on one experience) her fees, policy of running credit cards in advance of work, and other office policies lead me to urge prospective patients to strongly consider other providers and alternatives. $11,000 upfront is just too much for a root canal and a crown!
Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maureen Toal, DMD?

How was your experience with Dr. Toal?

For over two decades, Dr. Maureen Toal has focused on full mouth restoration. Using general anesthesia or IV sedation, Dr. Toal has treated the unique...Read more

• Endodontics
  • Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology

1985
Washington University School Of
1980
St. Louis University

• German

What other Dentistry Practitioners practice nearby?

Click here to compare with other Dentistry Practitioners.

What are Dr. Maureen Toal, DMD's top areas of care?

Dr. Toal frequently treats Cavity, Chipped Tooth, and Composite Fillings. See all procedures and conditions Dr. Toal treats.

Where is Dr. Maureen Toal, DMD's office located?

Dr. Toal's office is located at 16620 N 40th St Ste F, Phoenix, AZ 85032. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

What languages does Dr. Maureen Toal, DMD speak?

Dr. Toal speaks Spanish, German, and English. View profile to see all.

Does Dr. Maureen Toal, DMD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Toal has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Maureen Toal, DMD?

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Arizona

Check if Dr. Toal treats your condition or procedure

• Upper Dentures

Dr. Toal accepts

Center for Dental Rehabilitation

Bass-toal Surgery Center16620 N 40th St Ste F Phoenix, AZ 85032

Dr. Toal is affiliated with the following hospital. Select the hospital below to learn more.

Learn more about how Healthgrades measuresHospital Quality.

Abrazo Scottsdale Campus

Phoenix, AZ

52% Patients that would definitely recommend, 18% lower than the national average

3 Awards Received