Dr. Maura Fichter, DDS

Dr. Maura Fichter, DDS

Dentistry  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Maura Fichter, DDS is a dentistry practitioner in Kalamazoo, MI and has been practicing for 32 years. She practices dentistry.Read her story

Fichter McDougal, PLLC

1206 Gull Rd

Kalamazoo, MI 49048

• AARP
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Fichter

Dr. Fichter's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Fichter "The dental profession means the world to me. It had been a long time goal of mine to join the dental profession, as my desire to become a dentist began at 11 years old. As a dentist, I have the amazing opportunity to truly make a difference in my patients’ lives, not only by calming their fears, but by providing education to keep them healthy as well. It is so exciting to see a patient’s outlook, confidence, and self-esteem improve because of the care they received at our office. When I leave work, I feel privileged to have helped so many people and am grateful that they granted me their trust. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE I was raised in Southeast Michigan and attended John Carroll University in Cleveland, Ohio. I graduated from the University of Michigan, School of Dentistry in 1986. I then completed a one year General Practice Residency at Sinai Hospital in Detroit. This allowed me to expand my education and experience in treating patients with complicated medical and dental needs. This experience also set the stage for continuous improvement and education. The field of dentistry has changed so much. We are now able to provide more comfortable dental treatments in less time and with longer lasting results. To keep up with the improvements in dentistry, I constantly continue my education, studying state-of-the-art treatments including cosmetic dentistry, extensive dental reconstruction, dental implants, and treatments for periodontal disease (gum disease). The materials and technology that we have available are constantly evolving. My patients deserve the best and it is my goal to deliver nothing less. A significant portion of my continuing education has been the post-graduate coursework I completed and continue to take at the Spear Institute for Advanced Dental Education. I have the opportunity to learn from some of the most knowledgeable leaders in the field who are dedicated to transforming patient care. Now, as a visiting faculty member, I am able to mentor and teach other dentists who also share my values in providing top-quality state of the art dental care. I enjoy this opportunity to inspire, change, and challenge other dental professionals to be the best they can be. Other Professional Affiliations American Dental Association Michigan Dental Association Kalamazoo Valley District Dental Society The Russell W. Bunting Periodontal Society Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry Spear Education Dr. Fichter and Dr. McDougal sponsor: Kalamazoo in Bloom The Brianna Lee Foundation Women At Risk International Loaves and Fishes? Outside the Office My husband, Tom, and I live in Portage, Michigan with our three sons, Matthew, Benjamin, Jonathan, and our dog Molly. I love spending time outdoors, watching my youngest son play travel hockey and playing a round or two of golf. I also enjoy snow skiing and scuba diving. In the summer months on the weekends, I enjoy going to Northern Michigan where I love spending time outdoors, boating and biking with my husband. During the season, I love cheering on and attending Michigan Football games—GO BLUE! My family is the most important thing in my life and watching my children grow up has truly been a blessing."

This content was provided by Dr. Fichter "At Fichter McDougal, PLLC, Dr. Maura Fichter and Dr. Carrie McDougal offer cosmetic and family dentistry for children, teens, and adults in the Kalamazoo, Portage, and Richland/Plainwell, MI (Michigan) areas. Since opening our doors in 1991, we have been deepening our relationship with the community, helping to bring bright and healthy smiles to our patients with consistent success."

1  Practice Areas

• Stained Teeth
  • Teething
  • Tooth Damage
  • Tooth Demineralization

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• John Carroll University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University Of Michigan / School Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1986

Dr. Fichter has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Fichter has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Fichter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fichter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Fichter's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Fichter

Dr. Fichter?
Dr. Fichter's Performance

How was your experience with Dr. Fichter?

Compare General Dentists