Dr. Matthew McRae Jr, DMD

Dr. Matthew McRae Jr, DMD

Dentistry  |
47 reviews

Dr. Matthew McRae, Jr. has been serving the Athens Community and surrounding areas with quality and professional dental services for over 34-years, by the grace of God. Dr. McRae received his undergraduate studies from Fort Valley State University and dental degree from the Medical College of Georgia School of Dentistry. Dr. McRae later in 1983 received his Fellowship with the Academy of General Dentistry, and in1993 a Mastership also with the Academy of General Dentistry. Continued studies include Pankey Institute and Sterling Management. Recently, Dr. McRae attended Medical University of South Carolina and successfully completed a course in “Bone and Soft Tissue Grafting for the Dental Implantologist.” Dr. McRae gets very excited with continued educational courses. It is understood by many, a Dentist who continues in education is a Dentist who knows and understands what he does best in his field and Dr. McRae is that Dentist. Dr. McRae’s professional organizational membership includes: The Academy Of General Dentistry, Georgia Dental Society, Christian Dental Society, Clarke County Dental Society, National Dental Association, and Implantology Dental Society. Recently, Dr. McRae was presented the distinguished Alumnus Award by the School of Dentistry Alumni at the Medical College of Georgia School of Dentistry. Dr. McRae co-founded MCG’s McRae-Orrington Dental Scholarship. Most recently voted to serve on the Foundation Board at the Medical College of Georgia School of Dentistry, Augusta, Georgia. Community involvement includes: Boys and Girls Club of America, past Board Member; Athens Human Relations, established Annual Scholarship; Athens Area Health Fairs, Exhibitor. Social organization includes: Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., Sigma Pi Phi Fraternity, Inc., and One Hundred Percenters, Inc. Dr. McRae is an Elder at Church of The Nations where he is very active with Missions. Annually Dr. McRae serves individuals in Nicaragua with their dental needs. He is one of the founders and supporters of Los Playoas School (Nicaragua). He is married to Barbara and they have four children: Matthew III (Heather), Kenneth Lennell, Barbara Shundria, Jennifer Shuntae and six beautiful grandchildren....See Less

McRae Family Dental, P.C.

995 Baxter St

Athens, GA 30606

• United Concordia

Learn about Dr. McRae Jr

Dr. Matthew McRae Jr. and our staff are committed to provide you with excellence in dentistry.   As a top rated dentist in Athens, Ga., we are committed to continually advance our knowledge and expertise in order to ensure the highest standard of care.  We strive to provide a warm atmosphere where trust and comfort abound.

At McRae Family Dental, we offer a range of dental services for every member of the family, so you don’t need to go elsewhere for special treatments or procedures. It’s all here, under one roof. From cosmetic treatments and implant dentistry to orthodontics and sedation dentistry, our office has everything you need to keep your smile healthy and beautiful for a lifetime.

Dr. McRae is proud to be your dentist in Athens, GA. We can meet your dental needs by treating a variety of dental related problems, as well as enhancing your smile while in a comfortable and safe environment. Call us today to schedule your appointment!

• Broken Tooth

• Physical Examination
  • Root Canal
  • Teeth Extraction
  • Teeth Whitening

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Fort Valley State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Medical College of Georgia School of Dentistry - D.M.D.
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Academy General Dentistry-1983
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. McRae Jr has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. McRae Jr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McRae Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McRae Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. McRae Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McRae Jr to family and friends
Dr. McRae Jr's Performance
in ATHENS, ga |
The office visit, Dr, and 2 techs were great. They don't seem to get enough info from you when scheduling. I wish scheduling was more flexible with my not flexible schedule and terrible insurance situation (it's a lot to ask for, I know)!
in Commerce, Ga |
Absolutely love the atmosphere. Friendly, knowledgeable staff!
in Commerce, Ga |
My family has been going to see Dr McRae for over 15 years and have been pleased each and every visit from cleanings to tooth pulling always pleasure.
in Athens, GA |
I've been going to Dr. McRae for over a year now and I've yet to be unsastified. Staff is always friendly and they seem to know everyone by name. Great dentist and perfect for students because it's right near campus!
in Athens, GA |
Dr. McRae and his staff are very patient and take their time to thoroughly answer all of your questions. He will work with you to find a dental care solution to fit your budget and address your health needs and they also have the best prices in town.
Best dentist in town!
Snellville, GA |
Been the firstvtime at this dental office. Everyone was very professional and help me understand a little more of what my health insurance would cover for me and my kids for that day visit. Gave me a statement of what I need to get done in my future visit, which gives me a heads up of what to expect next time I go back. Thanks!!
Commerce, GA |
My husband was in excruciating pain & We just started on new ins. so I had to chose from a list of dentist. I read several reviews about this dentist online & decided to call his office for an appt. It was almost 5:00 when I called, I explained my husb situation she got him in at 7am the next morning! My husb is terrified of dentist but after meeting Dr McRae & his staff he calls me from the dental chair & thanked me for choosing him. He repaired the probs & got him out of pain!!??????
Have you seen Dr. Matthew McRae Jr, DMD?

Visit Dr. McRae Jr