Dr. Matthew Hilmi, DMD

Oral & Maxillofacial SurgeryMaleAge 18

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

Dr. Matthew Hilmi, DMD is a Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Specialist in Kingston, NY and has over 23 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from New York Medical College medical school in 1999. He is affiliated with medical facilities HealthAlliance Hospital - Broadway Campus and HealthAlliance Hospital Mary's Avenue Campus. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Matthew Hilmi, DMD

Mid-Hudson Oral and Maxillofacial Practice, PC

117 Marys Ave Ste 104 Kingston, NY 12401 ()

Dr. Hilmi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hilmi

Dr. Hilmi

Exceptional Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
Brilliant, ethical, kind, caring, professional, superb just begin to describe Dr. Hilmi, his expertise and advance patient care. From the calming, beautiful, serene ambiance of the office, to the warm, welcoming from Lisa and Marva, one is immediately put at ease. Dr. Hilmi provides compassionate patient care, attentive listening, detailed explanations and continual kind words during the procedure. Five stars are not enough! Thank you so very much Dr. Hilmi, Lisa and Marva. Great admiration and appreciation.
Julie Brinkmann – Mar 25, 2022
Thankful
Even though there was a delay in obtaining my appointment due to covid-19; Dr. Hilmi and Lisa made sure I was able to contact them if a problem arose prior to the appointment. As most people, I was nervous about the procedure I needed done for my mouth issues. Dr. Hilmi made sure I had what I needed to feel more comfortable. Following my initial surgery, my body made more issues necessitating a second surgery. Dr. Hilmi was wonderful to correct it in a calming, dare I say, almost pleasant manner. There was a follow-up visit to make sure I was healing well. Wonderful! And, I might add, the office is a calming atmosphere. I so appreciate the covid procedures and Lisa is a treasure.
Sandra S. – Mar 17, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Hilmi, DMD?
Excellent patient care and very friendly staff. The office was very clean with some of the best cOVID-19 precautions and sanitation I’ve seen. Dr. Hilmi called me himself to make sure I was doing OK a few days postop. The procedure went smoothly, and he made sure I was completely numb before beginning- I literally didn’t feel a thing.
Stefan S. – Feb 20, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Hilmi, DMD?
I visited Dr. Hilmi after looking online for an oral surgeon that would confidently perform my surgery and his reviews are very good. I had visited another surgeon prior to Dr. Hilmi and they would not be able to help me because of the unusual circumstance of where the cyst that had to be removed was located. At the first visit Dr. Hilmi evaluated my case and thoroughly explained everything that was necessary to correct my issue. He also explained the risks with this type of surgery. A few weeks later Dr. Hilmi did the surgery and everything went very well. I am so happy with how everything went and the extra care Dr. Hilmi and his office took with me. He was sure to follow up with me and make sure everything healed properly. I highly recommend Dr. Hilmi! Also, I'd like to add that I do not have dental insurance and Dr. Hilmi's office explained the costs up front with what the hospital and anesthesia, and his cost would be for the surgery so there would be no surprises.
Dean P – Jan 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Hilmi, DMD?
Dr. Hilmi is a total pro as well as a gentleman. He corrected issues I was having with previous dental implants - and did so in a manner which inspired confidence. I've had problems with my teeth since I was young, and have seen many specialists over the years. Dr. Hilmi, I believe, is the very best.
Jack Jameson – Jan 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Hilmi, DMD?
I highly recommend Dr. Hilmi. He has done extractions for me and my daughter. His skill was unmatched; his service impeccable; and his compassion unparalleled. His office exudes peace and brings a sense of calm. 5 stars are not enough!
LC – Jan 06, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Hilmi, DMD?
Terrible Experience with Dr. Hilmi. Seriously infected tooth needed extraction “ASAP” according to Dr. Hilmi. Except their ASAP was 10 days from then!! And for 3 times the cost. Still, I was trapped, as I live 6 hours away, and was in the Hudson Valley nannying my granddaughter. So I suffered in pain for 7 days until, unbelievably, I received a voicemail from his secretary, telling me he’d cancelled me as a patient. 2 weeks before Christmas. No referral, no reason. I had to make a 6 hour trip home to my oral surgeon. I’m reporting him to the AMA and the ADA. STEER CLEAR!!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Elaine – Jan 06, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Hilmi, DMD?
Been to a few different oral surgeons over the years. Dr. Hilmi is the BEST, no question about it!! He took the time to explain things, answer questions, and he provided a gentle and painless experience. Office very clean and offers a calm atmosphere. Staff friendly and efficient.
Apr 15, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Hilmi, DMD?
Needing a dental implant and having anxiety over going to the dentist don’t exactly go hand in hand. Dr. Hilmi’s gentle and calming demeanor made it easy to get through each step of the process. He was kind, patient, went above and beyond in clearly explaining options and procedure, and to allay my fears! Dr. Hilmi is definitely top of his profession!!
Dr. Hilmi's Reply –
We truly appreciate the kind words. Thank you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Hilmi, DMD?
Had to have a tooth extraction. Office got me in quickly. Dr. Hilmi’s professionalism, expert skills, and supportive attitude made an unpleasant procedure, well, pleasant! No pain during or after the procedure and healed without issues! A++ Care!
Apr 12, 2021
Your review means a great deal to us. Thank you...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Hilmi, DMD?
5-star care, 5-star provider, 5-star experience! Highly recommend this office!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Hilmi, DMD?
Very positive experience with this provider. I have been to other offices where you are rushed in and out and treated as nothing more than a number. I required multiple appointments with Dr. Hilmi for a dental implant. Each visit, he took his time to discuss and explain treatment options, listen to my concerns, and answer all my questions. Not once did I feel rushed or that the doctor was in a hurry. When I had a scheduling conflict the office was very accommodating and Dr. Hilmi even came in on a Saturday to do the procedure, so I didn’t have to delay getting the work done. Since I didn’t have dental insurance I researched and compared rates for the treatment/procedures recommended. Dr. Hilmi’s rates were comparable to similar providers, but the care provided exceeded my expectations and that of other providers from the past. Dr. Hilmi and his staff were always professional and pleasant. Thanks for the terrific care and for treating your patients as individuals and not just a number!
Jan 18, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review our...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Hilmi, DMD?
Top notch. I highly recommend the office. They treat you with respect. As a US Veteran I appreciate the respect they afforded. Thank you Dr. Hilmi and staff.
Jan 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Hilmi, DMD?
Dr. Matthew Hilmi is one of the most compassionate, polite, and honest providers I’ve ever gone to. First, the scheduling process and staff were great! Second, Dr.Hilmi took his time in the consultation and was very informative and explained every thing and showed me my X-ray so I could see what he was talking about. He took his time and answered all my questions. The procedure went smoothly. I never in a million years would think a trip to an oral surgeon would go so smoothly. He even follows up and makes sure you’re healing well. Thank you Dr. Hilmi and staff. Your work during this pandemic is appreciated :)
Jan 17, 2021
We are glad that you were satisfied with your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Hilmi, DMD?
I went on reference from my doctor. I had a painful tooth that needed to come out. The doctor and his syaff were vere pleasant and helpful. They answred all of my questins and made me feel very comfortable. The office is clean and beautriful.
Mary Mahoney – Jan 17, 2021
Thank you, Mary.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Hilmi, DMD?
I highly recommend Dr. Hilmi. He listens to you, and takes into consideration all your concerns, anxiety ( because who really likes getting oral surgery?), and determines a treatment plan that makes you feel ready to go forward with the procedure. He explains in detail his treatment plan and goes over everything and will answer in depth any questions I had. His office is very professional, clean, and they're taking EVERY precaution when it comes to Covid. I truly had a wonderful experience with Dr. Hilmi. Thank you Dr. Hilmi and staff for my incredible care I received at your beautiful office.
Nov 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Hilmi, DMD?
I went to him and left with nothing except less money. Nice person poor service
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Nov 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Hilmi, DMD?
I had an Amazing experience with Dr. Hilmi! I was very fearful, to the point of anxiety and tears, d/t a necessary dental procedure. My dentist recommended Dr Hilmi stating that he was the perfect doctor for me as I was in need of "special attention". Dr Hilmi and Jillian, his assistant, were kind, caring, calm and extremely professional. His office space is tranquil and he and Jillian do everything in their power to calm and care for their patients. Since my experience with this office I have recommended them several times and have also reported back to my dentist as to my superior experience with the practice. Please, have No fear. You are in gifted "hands".
Dawn Scribner – Apr 16, 2020
Thank you Dawn.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Hilmi, DMD?
I couldn’t have asked for a better experience than with Dr. Hilmi and his staff. After experiencing wisdom tooth related pain, I called my regular dentist at Aspen Dental only to find out that my state employee dental insurance wouldn’t cover a wisdom tooth extraction. To add insult to injury, Aspen required a cash deposit before even booking the surgery. I immediately declined and called my insurance agency directly to find out why a wisdom tooth extraction wasn’t covered in full. Turned out that Aspen does this often but my insurance company recommended Dr. Hilmi who would be fully covered. I am SO glad they recommended him! Jillian answered my call and was able to get me in to see Dr. Hilmi right away. Dr. Hilmi and his staff were punctual, friendly, accommodating, and most importantly professional. He knew exactly what to do. I was booked for surgery as quickly as possible. The staff even worked around my busy personal schedule and got me in swiftly. I wholeheartedly recommend him.
Lauren M – Mar 26, 2020
Dr. Hilmi's Reply –
Thank you for your the kind review Lauren.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Hilmi, DMD?
My visit for an infectious, cut gum, was treated by Dr. Hilmi. His assurance that it would not have complications further put my mind to rest. He gave me a subscription and took my insurance. It was such a pleasant visit with no waiting . He called the next day to make sure I was feeling fine . Such professionalism and a very calming voice. I would recommend him to all my family ,friends and acquaintances.
Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Hilmi, DMD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hilmi?