Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD

Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics ·  Male · Age 48

Dr. Choi

Progressive Orthodontics. LLC

1130 US Highway 202 Ste D1 Raritan, NJ 08869

Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD is an orthodontics & dentofacial orthopedics practitioner in Raritan, NJ and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from University Of Pennsylvania / School Of Dental Medicine in 1998 and practices orthodontics & dentofacial orthopedics.

Dr. Choi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Choi

4.4

Dr. Choi?
Dr. Choi's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD
My son just finished over 2 years with braces and Dr. Choi and we had a great experience. The doctor and his staff were great, helpful and very accommodating!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
Dr. Choi spent less than five minutes with my child. It was a terrible visit. He told me my insurance wouldn’t cover orthodontic care for her and that It would cost me $5500 out of pocket. Never asked for records from her dentist, xrays, etc. After his three minute exam he said “not covered” never even offered to submit to the insurance for coverage.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
I would strongly recommend Dr Choi for anyone requiring orthodontic care. He is very professional, knowledgeable and genuinely cares about his patients. He demonstrates patience and has answered all of my questions in detail and accurately. Our dentist was extremely impressed with my daughter’s teeth. The office is very accommodating, his staff are very polite. All appointments are never overbooked which means patients are never rushed with their treatments. Extremely happy customer!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
Dr. Choi is one of the best orthodontists I have found. It’s been a few years since my braces have been off, I continue to see Dr. Choi every six months, and, my teeth continue to be beautifully straight. Dr. Choi stood out from the other orthodontists with his listening, explanations, knowledge, expertise, treatment, clarity, understanding, friendliness and kindness. His staff has been very kind, courteous, helpful, thoughtful and professional It’s been a great experience and totally worth it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
One of the best orthodontists in NJ who has always put patients as his priority.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
I had a need for re-alignment of my teeth and Dr. Choi provided the most practical and effective solution. I am finished with my treatment and my smile looks great without compromising on medical aspects of it. He explains situations thoroughly and provides vigilance to ensure treatment is going well. Other orthodontists provided complex and high risk approaches and thankfully I found him in time. His office staff is also very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
I've been seeing Dr. Choi since I got my braces on in 2008. Dr. Choi and his staff are gentle, fun and outstandingly warm. I can't say that braces were a fun experience, but this office of wonderful people always went out of their way to support me during the process. Would definitely recommend for families seeking to transform their smiles.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
Both of my daughters go to Dr. Choi for orthodontic treatments. Both Dr Choi and the staff in the office are very friendly and efficient. We never had to wait long time. Dr. Choi is also patient in explaining the progress. I thank him for my daughters’ beautiful smiles :)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
Dr. Choi and his team in Raritan are wonderful. They are always pleasant and professional. Dr. Choi did great work on my smile and even worked with me on payments. I am very thankful to have experienced the service at this office! Keep up the good work, guys!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
Dr. Choi is wonderful! The staff is amazing! Every time someone has asked about braces, I refer them to Dr. Choi. The office is convenient to the kids school, home and job. Much care is taken with my children. No question is left unanswered.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
Dr. Choi and his staff are awesome! He and his staff are caring and patient. They are always pleasant and very accommodating. He takes time to explain the progress being made and most importantly my kids teeth look wonderful!! A special plug for his Office Manager Debbie who is always pleasant and always does her best to work with everyone's hectic schedule!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
Dr. Choi is very thorough and understanding. I liked that he was not as aggressive as other orthodontists that I've brought my daughter to in the past. We switched to him right away because he wasn't in a rush to pull teeth and get orthodontia treatment started. He is always patient and kind with my daughters. I always recommend him to others who are looking for an orthodontist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
Dr. Choi was recommended to me by a family friend and I have recommended him many times since! He always comes out after each visit to speak to the parent and the child so everyone knows what is going on and what still needs to be done. I was impressed that instead of rushing to put braces on one of my kids, he waited and checked her again 6 months later. She still wasn't ready, so he waited another 4 months. Great ortho!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
My daughter had a challenging case due to the fact that she was missing some permanent teeth. Dr. Choi took the time to explain the options for her treatment and what each would entail so that we could make an educated decision on what would be best for her case. He always explained what was being done at each visit and what the outcome would be. We were able to ask questions about any aspect of her treatment. It was easy to get an appointment when needed, and the ofiice staff was always helpful
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
Dr. Choi did my son's braces a few years back. He closed his Somerset office and we followed him to Raritan to do my daughter's braces. Welcoming atmosphere! Only great experiences here.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
My experience at Progressive Orthodontics has been amazing. The environment is warm and friendly but most all Dr. Choi is a awesome doctor who genuinely cares about his patients. He treated my daughter and is currently treating my son. My daughters self esteem is wonderful and she smiles much more. Thank You Dr Choi and Staff. Danielle B
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
Excellent and very professional and understanding.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
Dr. Choi is very patient my kids, they were apprehensive about getting braces, and he was very comforting and made them feel at ease. He always lets me know the progress after each visit. His staff is friendly and always try to accommodate my crazy schedule. Our end results BEAUTIFUL. I would recommend Dr. Choi.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
The most friendly, professional and accommodating physician we've ever worked with.Dr. Choi goes the extra mile to not only ensure our children's teeth are perfect, but that we feel treated fairly. He has met us after hours for emergencies, stayed late to accommodate us, and even inquires as to the whole family's well being. Couldn't be more satisfied.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
My daughters experience was wonderful with Dr.Choi. He is friendly, kind,takes time to explain the steps and what the outcome will be. Dr.Choi not only made my daughters smile beautiful, but her self esteem went thru the roof. She's so much more confident and out going. Thank you so much Dr. Choi for your knowledge and making yourself always available to answer any and all questions. You are an amazing dentist.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Choi?

Conservative approach to avoid extraction of teeth for orthodontic treatment. Early intervention for children with dental crowding or jaw anomalies.
Adult orthodontic care provided with Invisalign or traditional braces.
Specialization in care of children with various facial/dental deformities such as cleft palate.

• Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics

2001
1999
1998

Dr. Choi accepts

Dr. Choi accepts the following insurance:

Dental DPPO

• Retainer Therapy
  • Retainers
  • Surgical Orthodontics
  • Underbite

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Choi treats patients.