Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD

Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics •  Male • Age 49

Dr. Choi

Progressive Orthodontics. LLC

1130 Us Highway 202 Raritan, NJ 08869

Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD is a Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics Practitioner in Raritan, NJ and has over 22 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Pennsylvania / School of Dental Medicine medical school in 1998. He is affiliated with Saint Peter's University Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Choi to book an appointment.

Dr. Choi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Choi

4.4

Dr. Choi?
I have been taking my daughter to Dr. Choi for almost 4 years, and plan to take my son as well. It is a very friendly environment and everyone is very kind and helpful. Dr. Choi personally discusses the treatment details at every appointment and is very professional and always has a positive attitude. I'm highly satisfied with my daughter's treatment and thank everyone in the office for being able to give my daughter the perfect smile. We are highly satisfied every step of the way and are lucky to have made the right choice to go here! Their outstanding professionalism, flexibility, and welcoming attitude makes them different from any other. I would highly recommend Dr. Choi as the first choice for an orthodontist!
Farwah Fazal – Jun 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Choi since 2012. Dr. Choi and his team (receptionist, Debbie and hygienists) have been superb in helping me with braces, retainers, adjustments and questions and concerns all in between! They have made my experience so easy, which can be attributed to their kindness, patience and effort to make me feel welcome in the office. Dr. Choi always takes his time when meeting with me. Debbie has always been helpful and patient when working with myself and my parents from scheduling and re-scheduling appointments to payment options and insurance. The hygienists make me feel comfortable and at ease, whether it's through small talk or comforting me through something being done in a visit. This team is professional, friendly and accommodating. If you ever have a need for a caring, high-quality orthodontic experience, see Dr. Choi and his team. I strongly recommend.
Jada Edwards – Jan 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
I would strongly recommend Dr Choi for all Orthodontic needs. My 2nd kid just finished with braces. Very professional and really provides personal care. Great staff and is always courteous and flexible.
Vandana – Jan 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
well,I'm thinking to see Dr.Choi because of my dental needs. But all the reviews talk about his performance with kids the most. :(
Jan 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
I would strongly recommend Dr Choi for any / all your orthodontic needs. I am on my third child with braces. He has always displayed a very professional demeanor and patience with the youngsters, although stern when required. In addition to his professionalism, he takes an active interest with the children. The staff is always courteous and flexible with appointments and changes.
Jim F – Nov 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
I highly recommend Dr. Matthew Choi of Progressive Orthodontists. The entire office staff is amazing, Dr. Choi is exceptional, honest and caring. When we were looking for a new office, we certainly found it, not only were my sons Tommy’s issues handled he received a brighter straighter smile too... Just Not Enough Thank You’s!
Nov 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
My son just finished over 2 years with braces and Dr. Choi and we had a great experience. The doctor and his staff were great, helpful and very accommodating!
May 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
Dr. Choi spent less than five minutes with my child. It was a terrible visit. He told me my insurance wouldn’t cover orthodontic care for her and that It would cost me $5500 out of pocket. Never asked for records from her dentist, xrays, etc. After his three minute exam he said “not covered” never even offered to submit to the insurance for coverage.
Feb 21, 2019
Patients with Medicaid plans often do not...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
I would strongly recommend Dr Choi for anyone requiring orthodontic care. He is very professional, knowledgeable and genuinely cares about his patients. He demonstrates patience and has answered all of my questions in detail and accurately. Our dentist was extremely impressed with my daughter’s teeth. The office is very accommodating, his staff are very polite. All appointments are never overbooked which means patients are never rushed with their treatments. Extremely happy customer!
Tiziana in Middletown , NJ – Jan 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
Dr. Choi is one of the best orthodontists I have found. It’s been a few years since my braces have been off, I continue to see Dr. Choi every six months, and, my teeth continue to be beautifully straight. Dr. Choi stood out from the other orthodontists with his listening, explanations, knowledge, expertise, treatment, clarity, understanding, friendliness and kindness. His staff has been very kind, courteous, helpful, thoughtful and professional It’s been a great experience and totally worth it.
E. Grossman in Frenchtown, NJ – Oct 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
One of the best orthodontists in NJ who has always put patients as his priority.
Grace Guo in Bridgewater, NJ – Sep 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
I had a need for re-alignment of my teeth and Dr. Choi provided the most practical and effective solution. I am finished with my treatment and my smile looks great without compromising on medical aspects of it. He explains situations thoroughly and provides vigilance to ensure treatment is going well. Other orthodontists provided complex and high risk approaches and thankfully I found him in time. His office staff is also very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend him.
Ayeshah – Jun 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
I've been seeing Dr. Choi since I got my braces on in 2008. Dr. Choi and his staff are gentle, fun and outstandingly warm. I can't say that braces were a fun experience, but this office of wonderful people always went out of their way to support me during the process. Would definitely recommend for families seeking to transform their smiles.
Sarah in NJ – Apr 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
Both of my daughters go to Dr. Choi for orthodontic treatments. Both Dr Choi and the staff in the office are very friendly and efficient. We never had to wait long time. Dr. Choi is also patient in explaining the progress. I thank him for my daughters’ beautiful smiles :)
Sandra in Holmdel, NJ – Nov 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
Dr. Choi and his team in Raritan are wonderful. They are always pleasant and professional. Dr. Choi did great work on my smile and even worked with me on payments. I am very thankful to have experienced the service at this office! Keep up the good work, guys!
Rowland C. in Bound Brook, NJ – Jun 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
Dr. Choi is wonderful! The staff is amazing! Every time someone has asked about braces, I refer them to Dr. Choi. The office is convenient to the kids school, home and job. Much care is taken with my children. No question is left unanswered.
Tara in Port Monmouth – Apr 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
Dr. Choi and his staff are awesome! He and his staff are caring and patient. They are always pleasant and very accommodating. He takes time to explain the progress being made and most importantly my kids teeth look wonderful!! A special plug for his Office Manager Debbie who is always pleasant and always does her best to work with everyone's hectic schedule!
Marc Cofone in Belford, NJ – Aug 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
Dr. Choi is very thorough and understanding. I liked that he was not as aggressive as other orthodontists that I've brought my daughter to in the past. We switched to him right away because he wasn't in a rush to pull teeth and get orthodontia treatment started. He is always patient and kind with my daughters. I always recommend him to others who are looking for an orthodontist.
Denise in Bridgewater, NJ – Jul 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
Dr. Choi was recommended to me by a family friend and I have recommended him many times since! He always comes out after each visit to speak to the parent and the child so everyone knows what is going on and what still needs to be done. I was impressed that instead of rushing to put braces on one of my kids, he waited and checked her again 6 months later. She still wasn't ready, so he waited another 4 months. Great ortho!
Piscataway, NJ – Apr 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?
My daughter had a challenging case due to the fact that she was missing some permanent teeth. Dr. Choi took the time to explain the options for her treatment and what each would entail so that we could make an educated decision on what would be best for her case. He always explained what was being done at each visit and what the outcome would be. We were able to ask questions about any aspect of her treatment. It was easy to get an appointment when needed, and the ofiice staff was always helpful
Joanne C in Lebanon, NJ – Mar 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Choi, DMD?

How was your experience with Dr. Choi?

Conservative approach to avoid extraction of teeth for orthodontic treatment. Early intervention for children with dental crowding or jaw anomalies.

Adult orthodontic care provided with Invisalign or traditional braces.

Specialization in care of children with various facial/dental deformities such as cleft palate.

• Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics

1998
University of Pennsylvania / School of Dental Medicine

• Korean

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Choi communicate via email?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Choi offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Choi offer an online patient portal?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Choi have free onsite parking?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Choi offer weekend visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Choi offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (908) 722-3377