Dr. Matthew Bickel, DMD

Dr. Matthew Bickel, DMD

Dentistry  ·
Dr. Matthew Bickel, DMD is a dentistry practitioner in Sewell, NJ and has been practicing for 25 years. He graduated from UMDNJ New Jersey Dental School in 1992 and practices dentistry, orthodontics, and more.Read his story

428 Ganttown Rd

Sewell, NJ 08080

• Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Learn about Dr. Bickel

Dr. Bickel's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Bickel "I grew up in Lake Parsippany in North Jersey. I always knew I would become some kind of doctor, it was all I ever wanted to be. I attended Rutgers University and majored in biology. It was my love of fishing that pushed me into dentistry as a career. When I was about 10 years old, my dad enrolled me in a fly tying class ( a craft I still practice 40 years later), and a couple years later a fly rod building class (again something I still do today). I decided to take my desire for a medical career and my skills of working on tiny things with my hands and put them together in a dental career. It was the best thing I could have done! Why? Two reasons- First, I LOVE what I do, and not many people can say that about their job. Second, I met the love of my life, Kathy, in dental school! We graduated from UMDNJ, NJ Dental School (now Rutgers School of Dental Medicine) in 1992. We did a one year residency here in South Jersey in 1993. We were married in August of 1993. After a few years working for other dentists, we started Dayspring Dental in 1998. It was our dream to work together in a different kind of dental office, a place where people felt at home. We decided to pursue different areas of dentistry so that we could each provide something unique for our patients. My areas of concentration are on root canals and implants. But, all work and no play makes Matt a dull boy, so when I'm not at the office you will most likely find me OUTDOORS! You might find me roaming the woods and fields with my bird dog, Blaze. Or, you might find me standing in a stream with a bamboo fly rod in my hand (made by me, of course) casting a fly (tied by me, of course) to a brown trout. Or, you might find me a paddling a kayak in the bay at 1am fly fishing for striped bass. Or you might find me in the middle of the pine barrens plowing my Jeep through a giant mud hole.You will most likely also find me spending time with the family I love, Kathy and our 2 daughters, Katarina and Julianna. Julianna also works with us, which I love so much! We are also very active at our church where I teach in our Wednesday night kids program, and serve on the Elder Board. I hope to see you at the office soon!"

This content was provided by Dr. Bickel "At Dayspring our goal is to make your dental visit as easy and stress free as possible. We are a husband and wife team that started Dayspring Dental in 1998 with one goal in mind: To create a different kind of dental office! A place where patient comfort and quality of care was the number one goal. A place that makes being at the dentist relaxing and fun! A place where you will not see an endless parade of new doctors come and go, and you are never sure who you are going to see. Dr. Matt and Dr. Kathy are the ONLY dentists here. So, you see the owner of the practice at every visit.

Our passion is to provide our patients with a dental home that is relaxing, comfortable and friendly. Our office uses the latest dental technology to make your visit more comfortable. We have assembled a combination of some of the most advanced dental technology. Our technology makes your visit easier, or faster, or your treatment quality higher. Most importantly, we created an office that focuses on YOU."

10  Practice Areas

• Tooth Attrition
  • Tooth Damage
  • Tooth Demineralization
  • Tooth Discoloration

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Rutgers University / New Brunswick Campus
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1988
  • UMDNJ New Jersey Dental School
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Umdnj-Advanced Education In General Dentistry
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Bickel has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Bickel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bickel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bickel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bickel's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bickel

Dr. Bickel?
Dr. Bickel's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Matthew Bickel, DMD
New patient to office but clearly have made the correct choice Extremely knowledgeable, experienced, spends time to understand, explain and recommend treatment to his patients. You are treated as more than a patient, all staff have your best interest with everything they perform
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Bickel, DMD?
Excellent dentist - kind, professional, very thorough and pain free with cutting edge technology. Can't say enough good about both Dr. Matt and Dr. Kathy Bickel.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Matthew Bickel, DMD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bickel?