Dr. Marlin Salmon, DDS

Dr. Marlin Salmon, DDS

Orthodontics  ·
Male

Dr. Marlin Salmon, DDS is an orthodontics practitioner in Batavia, NY and has been practicing for 33 years. He practices orthodontics and orthodontics & dentofacial orthopedics.Read his story

Triftshauser & Salmon Orthodontics

5A Batavia City Ctr

Batavia, NY 14020

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Salmon

Dr. Salmon's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Salmon " I feel blessed every day to walk into my office and have the opportunity to interact with all of my wonderful patients and staff. Orthodontics is a truly special profession which affords me the privilege to serve each and every one of my patients in a very unique way. Experience counts, and I personally have been privileged to treat over 10,000 people in the course of my career, allowing me to see and treat pretty much any orthodontic problem a person may have. Orthodontic treatment is beneficial in so many ways. Straight teeth are easier to clean and maintain so the health benefits are numerous. Social benefits are many as people with beautiful smiles have improved confidence and self-esteem, are perceived to be more intelligent and better leaders, get their desired job more often, and tend to receive about ten percent higher compensations than their counterparts with crooked teeth. Providing a beautiful smile can change an individual's life and open many life and career opportunities. To see people's self-confidence and self-esteem grow as their teeth align is an awesome thing. To be able to help people in this way is one of the great joys in my life. My treatment philosophy is simple. I treat each of my patients as I would like to be treated or have one of my family members treated. I strive for excellence in all I do for every one of my patients. Education and Continuing Education I grew up in Tonawanda, New York, where I went to high school and then went on to college at the University of Buffalo where I graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree. I received my dental degree in 1981 from the Ohio State University and was inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Honorary Dental Society. After graduating, I worked at a general dental practice in Batavia, New York, for three years when I decided to make my life's work providing orthodontics for children and adults. Beginning in 1983, I trained full time at the University of Buffalo School of Dental Medicine and was awarded my certificate in orthodontics in 1985. Medicine and dentistry, including orthodontic practice, is changing at a phenomenal rate and therefore requires continuous study to stay abreast of all the latest techniques, materials, and appliances. This is an extremely important component of my professional life which allows me to provide my patients with the most up-to-date, state-of-the-art treatment. Very soon I will have completed over 2,000 hours of postgraduate continuing education. Professional Memberships American Association of Orthodontists American Dental Association American College of Dentists New York State Society of Orthodontists Eighth District Orthodontic Academy New York State Dental Association Northeastern Society of Orthodontists Eighth District Dental Society Pierre Fauchard Academy In the Community I believe service should be an important part of anyone's life, and to this end, in addition to full-time orthodontic practice, I am an Associate Clinical Professor of Orthodontics at the S.U.N.Y. Buffalo School of Dental Medicine Orthodontic Program where I teach orthodontic treatment techniques to the orthodontic residents. I have held this position for 18 years. I also serve on the Board of Directors and am a Past President of the New York State Society of Orthodontists. Additionally, I am a past president of the Eighth District Dental Society which serves approximately 1,000 dentists in the eight counties of Western New York. I am currently a Fellow of the American College of Dentists and the Pierre Fauchard Academy, a member of the Batavia Rotary Club, and attend Northgate Church in Batavia. I have coached ice hockey for 17 years and have been fortunate enough to be able to help 15 great young ladies achieve their goal of playing college ice hockey. I have chaired the Development Committee for the Genesee Chapter of the American Heart Association, and help raise funds for cancer research and cleft lip and cleft palate surgery for needy children. Outside the Office I have been married for 30 years to my wonderful high school sweetheart, Donna. God has blessed me with three beautiful daughters, Brittany, Rebecca, and Victoria. I love spending time with my family and friends and I enjoy many activities including skiing, mountaineering, technical rock climbing, ice hockey, white water kayaking, canoeing, camping, hunting, fishing, and hang gliding."

This content was provided by Dr. Salmon "I feel blessed everyday to walk into my office and have the opportunity to interact with all of my wonderful patients and staff. Orthodontics is a truly special profession which affords me the privilege to serve each and every one of my patients in a very unique way. Providing a beautiful smile can change an individual's life and open many life and career opportunities. To see people's self-confidence and self-esteem grow as their teeth align is an awesome thing."

2  Practice Areas

• Crossbite
  • Dental Crowding
  • Dental Spacing
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Misaligned Teeth

• Spacers for Braces
  • Springs for Braces
  • Surgical Orthodontics
  • Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Recording

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Ohio State University
    Medical School | Graduated 1981
  • University Of Buffalo
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985

Dr. Salmon has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Salmon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Salmon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Salmon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Salmon's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Salmon

Dr. Salmon?
Dr. Salmon's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Marlin Salmon, DDS
Every aspect of my visit exceeded my expectations, never having previous experience with orthodontic treatment. Each person in the office, from the first phone call, to the greeting at the front desk, through the financial explanation, to the care provided by both doctors and assistants, was...Read More
Jan 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marlin Salmon, DDS?

How was your experience with Dr. Salmon?