Dr. Mark Sowell, DDS

Dr. Mark Sowell, DDS

Dentistry  |

For over 25 years, Dallas AACD dentist Dr. Mark Sowell has served our community and our country by providing state-of-the-art dental care. He is a nationally recognized expert in the fields of cosmetic dentistry, implant dentistry and restorative dentistry. Because of his relentless commitment to excellence in all aspects of dental care, Dr. Sowell is often asked to lecture to other dentists and attends over 100 hours of rigorous postdoctoral training each year. Dr. Sowell is a member of an elite group of dentists who have achieved both Master status with the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) and Accredited Membership with the prestigious American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD). Fewer than 40 dentists nationwide have earned both of these professional distinctions. While these recognitions illustrate Dr. Sowell's dedication to providing the best that dentistry has to offer, he has achieved numerous other merits in the field of dentistry.

Sowell Sensational Smiles

1200 Village Creek Dr Ste 102

Plano, TX 75093

Learn about Dr. Sowell

Our five-star service transforms routine dental care into a delightful pampering experience. While you are with us, won't you please kick off your shoes and enjoy our juice and refreshment bar? You won't have long to wait before your personal Dallas dental office staff concierge will escort you to a treatment room.

Our treatment rooms have heated neck support pillows as well as satellite TV programming on overhead monitors for your viewing pleasure. Put on some dark glasses and a headset and choose from over 50 music channels, 200 TV channels or pick a DVD movie from our entertainment library. Lay back, relax and enjoy: You are in charge of the movie, music or TV selection with your remote. If you do not see your favorite movie, please let us know and it will be waiting for you at your next dental office visit.

• Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery

• Broken Tooth
  • Chipped Tooth
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Gingivitis
  • Gummy Smile (Oversized Gingiva)
  • Jaw Misalignment Leading to TMJ

• L.D. Pankey Institute
  • Peter Dawson Center For Occlusional Studies
  • Seattle Institute For Advanced Dental Education
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Sowell has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Sowell has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sowell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sowell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sowell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sowell to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Sowell's Performance
Katy, TX |
The crowns he did were the wrong color, fit and shape. He did try to fix it, but wasn't getting it right. Went to another high profile dentist who confirmed the work was not great and refered me to a dentist closer to my home. Sowell did aggressive treatment for gum disease and suggested I may need more expensive treatment. THREE dentist confirmed I didn't even have GD. Sowell got upset when he found out I got a second opinion. The dentist who fixed it all did perfect. Would not recommend Sow
The Colony, TX |
I will not recommend him
in Plano, TX |
I've been going to Dr. Sowell for all my dental needs. I feel he and the staff always show concern and have my best interest in mind.
in Dallas, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Sowell for many years. He has taken excellent care of my teeth and gums, and I have been very satisfied. Recently, I had four crowns put on my upper front teeth to strengthen them, and they look and feel great.
in Dallas, TX |
Very professional, patient oriented care with focus on dental health and comfort.
in Flower Mound, TX |
Dr. Sowell is who I would consider a master in his field. I completely trust him and appreciate his expertise.
in Dallas, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr Sowell's for over 23 years. He seems to always have the most current technology and/or advancements in the dental industry. I never feel like he is suggesting something that is not necessary. He runs an excellent practice.
in Dallas, TX |
I've had a lot of dental work since I was a teen. My first experience was painful but effective. Between then and Dr. Sowell, I had many dentists who were less than impressive and whose work deteriorated over a short period of time. Dr. Sowell is very particular and meticulous, which is important when you're paying a lot of money for a smile that should last the rest of your life. I am sure I will be thrilled with the final results. PS. The oral surgery was painless. :)
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Sowell is very detailed and precise
in Athens tx |
The newest treatments and procedures and products. Caring personnel. Comfort during visit.
in Dallas, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Sowell's since 1990. His professionalism and precision in his craft keep me coming back. My wife is also a patient. We have been impressed not only by Dr. Sowell's caring service but also his staff's. We will continue to refer friends and family to his office and look forward to many more years of healthy smiles!
in Plano, TX |
Before I met Dr. Sowell I was embarrassed of my smile and would rarely show it. Now I smile with pride & enjoy the confidence of having a great smile! He & his whole team are very knowledgeable, professional and friendly. They stay on top of ensuring I receive the best possible dental care. Highly recommend!
in Dallas, TX |
He is good at explaining exactly what is wrong with your teeth or gums. He takes the time to make sure you understand what is going on in your mouth. He also has a friendly staff
in Plano, TX |
I would recommend Dr. Sowell to people because he is very accurate and precise in his work. He cares for his patients and makes sure that there's no pain they feel. He always makes sure that he and his patient are both comfortable in the work he put in.
in Carrollton, TX |
Dr. Sowell has been my dentist since 1988. He is exceptional in every way. His dedication to continuing education has been consistent throughout all the years I have known him. He holds himself to the highest standards and encourages his staff to do the same. His office functions at a very high level and is professional I'm every way. He is dedicated to educating his patients re procedures.
in Plano, TX |
Great technical expertise and patient interactions with Dr Sowell and the entire staff.
in Carrollton, tx |
I have had a fear of dentists since childhood. Dr sowell's team made me feel comfortable and set my expectations for a great experience from the first interaction on the phone, and have not disappointed. I find Dr. Sowell to be very personable and kind. He is thorough, extremely competent and has worked very hard to repair the damage done by my existing dentures and to develop new ones that fit, function and feel fantastic! I am so excited and pleased with my results.
in Allen |
I have been going to Dr. Sowell for many years. He is an outstanding dentist who keeps up with all the latest procedures and advances in dentistry. He wants my teeth to last a lifetime and is helping me achieve that goal. He works hard to match any dental work needed to the natural color of my teeth. His staff has always been so caring and helpful. Dr. Sowell and his staff have truly made going to the dentist a positive experience!
in Dallas, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Sowell for many years. He and his excellent staff have taken very good care of my teeth. He is very kind and always makes sure that I am comfortable and pain free. Dr. Sowell ensures that he and his staff have cutting edge dental knowledge.
in Dallas, TX |
I am fairly new in Texas. I found out about Dr. Sowell's Dentistry via a google search. The environment has an elegant and comfortable style; Doctor Sowell and his staff are professional, attentive; and determined to provide the best dental care to clients. And I would like to express a special acknowledgment to the hygienist, Aashima is very informative as well as thorough and does an exceptional job with dental cleaning.
in Plano, TX |
Always professional & efficient. I was in a horrible situation with TMJ. Dr Sowell treated me with 2 different appliances, we are still in the process, but I feel so much better. Dr Sowell is my new Dr/Dentist! I've told all my family and friends about him. He's so kind and the most patient person I've ever meet!
in Dallas, TX |
I have been going to Dr. Sowell since 1988 when I first moved to Dallas, and my soft teeth require more maintenance than the average Joe. I've had extracts, implants, root canals, gum surgery, periodontal treatments, cleanings of course, and every tooth has a cap, crown, or filling, and I continue to get compliments on my smile. He is both gentle and accurate, with an artist's flair for aesthetics. He's not the cheapest in town, because his service is the best I've every had.
in Sherman, Tx |
Dr. Sowell and his staff have done a very good job of taking care of my family's dental needs. . We have been impressed with the professional environment of the office, the customer friendly staff, and high level of dental care received. I would highly recommend Dr. Sowell to snyone who is very serious about their dental care.
in Dallas, TX |
He is meticulous when balancing my bite which is difficult given a life-long grinding habit. He makes sure everything is perfect before letting you leave the office.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Sowell's office is a luxury dentist with a high quality of patient care. They focus on dental education and options for your best dental health. The office staff and hygienist are friendly and personable. FYI: The insurance/billing is pay up front with reimbursement through your own insurance. Healthy teeth and gums, happy smiles.
Plano, TX |
Always professional & efficient.
in McKinney, TX |
I met Dr. Sowell in 2006 after inspecting his new home. Little did I know that meeting would change my life. An accident as a youth caused me to loose my front tooth and years of dental chair visits. Dr. Sowell invited me to visit his office and have an evaluation of my overall bite and condition of my teeth. He has been my dentist every since. The full smile makeover gave me a beautiful smile that I am complimented on daily. His staff is awesome and Dr. Sowell is the best!!
in Dallas, TX |
Very professional, always on time, very caring, very knowledgeable, talented.
in Frisco, TX |
Professional, courteous and beautiful crowns.. Very capable and credentialed dentist. I trust his recommendations.
in Dallas, TX |
I've been a patient of Dr. Sowell's for nearly ten years and it's been a wonderful experience. My smile is beautiful and the process has been pain free and pleasant thanks to his caring staff and his expertise - 2 thumbs way up!!! Ann
in Dallas |
Talks down to patients. Administrative staff are idiots and cannot communicate. They screwed up multiple bookings and billings. Insistented on multiple consults without doing any work. Office is more interested in making money than actually helping patients.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Sowell, DDS?

Visit Dr. Sowell